It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:44 am 

long time guy wrote:
JoeyCrown wrote:
Goff sounds like a reasonably smart guy when he simply talks sports. The trouble is he is constantly laughing at things that are not funny or he is 'representin' the brothers in some fashion, both habits which are annoying as hell.

He wants to be known as a personality that happens to talk sports as opposed to the sports nerd that he actually happens to be. There are very few guys that can actually pull that off successfully and he is not one of them. Boers was good at it and so was North, Hood, and Coppock. They had stories that were interesting to me. The other guys not so much.

They all had previously worked jobs that weren't in sports radio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
long time guy wrote:
He wants to be known as a personality that happens to talk sports as opposed to the sports nerd that he actually happens to be.

Not sure I agree but that is a very interesting thought LTG.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Leona's
Can't wait for the anti Jimmy Butler shows by Goff after a 5-5 Bulls start to the season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Legendary Harry wrote:
Can't wait for the anti Jimmy Butler shows by Goff after a 5-5 Bulls start to the season.

"Dude is feeling himself. He thinks he's that dude, huh...keep it, I'm good."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:59 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I think its more like you guys didn't hear Goff speak enough to form a good opinion..he was a producer ... He went to Atlanta n burned a bridge ....now ya hear this clown 3-4 hours a day 5 days a week and its clear he's boring and an awful host.. Atleast meatpants used to be solid when he was on sports radio solo.. He's changed n he is awful too. Goff is the same guy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:12 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
Legendary Harry wrote:

"Dude is feeling himself. He thinks he's that dude, huh...keep it, I'm good."

I'm sure it's not going to be the sort of analysis that requires actual work to pull off. It's going to be either the narrative about "feeling himself" as you stated, or he and Rose are in competition for the title of Bull "alpha male".

I'll never forget he and Bernstein's "analysis" of the failings of Lebron James during the Dallas series. In their eyes he simply needed to be more aggressive for the Heat to win. They both stated that they did not care if he went out and picked up three charging calls just as long as was being "aggressive".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
312player wrote:
I think its more like you guys didn't hear Goff speak enough to form a good opinion..he was a producer ... He went to Atlanta n burned a bridge ....now ya hear this clown 3-4 hours a day 5 days a week and its clear he's boring and an awful host.. Atleast meatpants used to be solid when he was on sports radio solo.. He's changed n he is awful too. Goff is the same guy.

I must have missed the part where grimace was good. Wish someone would have told me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
long time guy wrote:
I'm sure it's not going to be the sort of analysis that requires actual work to pull off. It's going to be either the narrative about "feeling himself" as you stated, or he and Rose are in competition for the title of Bull "alpha male".

Derrick Rose thinks it's "afro dog," remember.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:44 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
312player wrote:

I must have missed the part where grimace was good. Wish someone would have told me.

He wasn't bad as a solo act on that now defunct sportstation. You would have to be up at about 3 or 4 in the morning on a Sunday to catch him though. I actually called him on one of his overnight shows to talk about the budding greatness of Lamar Odom. The recent struggles of Odom have forced to think about those long ago, not so forgotten days.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
long time guy wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
312player wrote:

He wasn't bad as a solo act on that now defunct sportstation. You would have to be up at about 3 or 4 in the morning on a Sunday to catch him though. I actually called him on one of his overnight shows to talk about the budding greatness of Lamar Odom. The recent struggles of Odom have forced to think about those long ago, not so forgotten days.

I've maintained that opinion for years. Spiegs was good on Sat & Sun mornings on Sporting News Radio. I don't know what happened to that guy, but it'd be nice to have him back. He focused on sports talk and was much more entertaining.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:01 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
312player wrote:

I've maintained that opinion for years. Spiegs was good on Sat & Sun mornings on Sporting News Radio. I don't know what happened to that guy, but it'd be nice to have him back. He focused on sports talk and was much more entertaining.

The cheap joke would be that he was much more hungry in those days but it does seem like Mac brought him over and he coasted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
With Mac his radio job was his side gig. I've noticed with Goff the PTO after band gigs have ceased.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Kirkwood wrote:
With Mac his radio job was his side gig. I've noticed with Goff the PTO after band gigs have ceased.

His music career is going as well as his radio career and marriage.