It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10/23 Salsa Explained
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well there you have it. Goff was fired in Atlanta by a PD he didn't see eye to eye with on a payola loophole because he wanted salsa which he paid for. Continue on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
pittmike wrote:
Well there you have it. Goff was fired in Atlanta by a PD he didn't see eye to eye with on a payola loophole because he wanted salsa which he paid for. Continue on.

See he was fires for being a dumbass and an idiot. So that's why he crawled back, jean shorts in hand, to work for peanuts and fall in line with BernSTINE.

Live your life, Jason!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
pittmike wrote:

Could you explain in simple terms. I don't understand

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:41 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I, too, need this translated.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:45 am 

Meat's wearing a snuggie.

Anyone else notice that he and Rocky Wirtz share an unfortunate body type?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:45 am 

The fuck is that music drop they play all the time? I'm not aware of the reference. It's never been funny.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
MattInTheCrown wrote:
I'm not aware of the reference. It's never been funny.

might be a connection, there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:53 am 

just an unflattering fleece.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Not sure how much more basic it can be for a radio fan. Since the early scandals radio companies have policies against payola. In the past it was money paid to DJ's by record company reps to get their records played more to sell more discs. Nowadays I guess it is not a big deal until a loophole is needed to fire someone. Goff on the air asked for a salsa provider close to the station or his route home. Salsa company gets free pub and Goff gets salsa even though he says he paid $9 for it. I think when I first heard the rumor this may have been a competitor of a sponsor.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Couldn't he have just gone to the grocery store to buy salsa?

Dumbass, lose a job for begging for free stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:49 am 

Score is doomed wrote:
Couldn't he have just gone to the grocery store to buy salsa?

Dumbass, lose a job for begging for free stuff.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
MattInTheCrown wrote:
The fuck is that music drop they play all the time? I'm not aware of the reference. It's never been funny.

Not listening ... do you mean the "cha-cha" music?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Great American
pittmike wrote:
Not sure how much more basic it can be for a radio fan. Since the early scandals radio companies have policies against payola. In the past it was money paid to DJ's by record company reps to get their records played more to sell more discs. Nowadays I guess it is not a big deal until a loophole is needed to fire someone. Goff on the air asked for a salsa provider close to the station or his route home. Salsa company gets free pub and Goff gets salsa even though he says he paid $9 for it. I think when I first heard the rumor this may have been a competitor of a sponsor.

So Goff's side of the story is the he tried to exchange salsa for free pub, the salsa company decided he wasn't worth $9 of free salsa, and his PD was so eager to dump him that he used this humiliation as an excuse? He comes off like a real winner in that one.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:19 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:20 am 

When Im getting a shady insider's deal, I try not to literally broadcast it. But that's just me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
pittmike wrote:

because CBS radio only has the binary choice to fire or not fire when it comes to employee discipline?

CBS radio no doubt has a long list of rheostatic alternatives [a few days/week suspension] to severing a long-term employee from not only the station in ATL but also from CBS radio overall.

I imagine the salsa thing was a nice, bright line rule violation that allowed them to cleanly fire Goff. But I doubt the salsa thing was the alpha and omega of why Goff was not only fired but also wasn't allowed anywhere near another CBS station until WSCR's mgt went hat in hand to CBS management and got a special dispensation to rehire Goff.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:27 am 

Councilman Les Whinen wrote:
pittmike wrote:

So Goff's side of the story is the he tried to exchange salsa for free pub, the salsa company decided he wasn't worth $9 of free salsa, and his PD was so eager to dump him that he used this humiliation as an excuse? He comes off like a real winner in that one.

Exactly.

As I mentioned before, this is the reason Goff had to crawl back to Chicago and beg for a job and get paid peanuts to do it. His poor attitude is the cause...we know see that. The salsa wasn't the reason #1 he was canned, it was because his bad attitude, his entitled mindset, poor show prep and poor ratings were.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
He was probably a dumbass to the PD 10000000 times before that. They were laying in the weeds for him. The PR file was built.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Mariano's sells this locally made salsa that is great. Forgot the name. It's in a clear plastic tub near the vegetable section.

$9 should buy you a lot of salsa!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I'll take Salsa Authentica from Trader Joes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 am 

Hussra wrote:
pittmike wrote:

because CBS radio only has the binary choice to fire or not fire when it comes to employee discipline?

CBS radio no doubt has a long list of rheostatic alternatives [a few days/week suspension] to severing a long-term employee from not only the station in ATL but also from CBS radio overall.

I imagine the salsa thing was a nice, bright line rule violation that allowed them to cleanly fire Goff. But I doubt the salsa thing was the alpha and omega of why Goff was not only fired but also wasn't allowed anywhere near another CBS station until WSCR's mgt went hat in hand to CBS management and got a special dispensation to rehire Goff.

I bet he was on the classic "PIP!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SomeGuy wrote:
Councilman Les Whinen wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Exactly.

As I mentioned before, this is the reason Goff had to crawl back to Chicago and beg for a job and get paid peanuts to do it. His poor attitude is the cause...we know see that. The salsa wasn't the reason #1 he was canned, it was because his bad attitude, his entitled mindset, poor show prep and poor ratings were.

You can't be Dan Bernstein with no ratings.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
SomeGuy wrote:
Exactly.

But then why didn't the Atlanta station simply release him from their station and thereby Goff could've gone back to being a producer at WSCR/another CBS property. Whatever really happened, it went beyond salsa and Goff being Goff.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 am 

How awful is Chicago sports radio that the #1 sports station goes begging to hire a guy who was run out of Atlanta? Its like if the Bears tried to get Brandon Meriweather back.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:40 am 

Hussra wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Exactly.

But then why didn't the Atlanta station simply release him from their station and thereby Goff could've gone back to being a producer at WSCR/another CBS property. Whatever really happened, it went beyond salsa and Goff being Goff.

Well, maybe whatever happened at the station and his subsequent blackballing/banning from CBS corporate radio was the result of "Goff being Goff?" At least in the context of what Goff has become and is now and not the happy go lucky Jason from Evanston from the past.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
I heard this all explained live by Goff earlier in the show as well.

The best part of the story was when Goff said his PD told him a week after the incident that everything had died down, all is good - no worries. A few days later he was axed.

Everybody from the janitor to the vice president of a company knows that when your boss tells you there's nothing to worry about - that's the time to start worrying.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:50 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Well, maybe whatever happened at the station and his subsequent blackballing/banning from CBS corporate radio was the result of "Goff being Goff?" At least in the context of what Goff has become and is now and not the happy go lucky Jason from Evanston from the past.

It's almost sad how far Goff has fallen. He used to be one of my favorite guys on the Score as a producer and I recall a fair amount of optimism when he was hired to replace Mannelly.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

Last edited by Councilman Les Whinen on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Is Beardown asleep? Where's his thread about this?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:03 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Is Beardown asleep? Where's his thread about this?

Brunch with Girl Chained to Furnace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff explained it when he got back. So it's not news.