It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Kirkwood wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Is Beardown asleep? Where's his thread about this?

Brunch with Girl Chained to Furnace

Don't say that. He's going to come in here and chide you for using a tired joke, while he's off to start his 18th thread about the same topic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

redskingreg wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Is Beardown asleep? Where's his thread about this?

Brunch with Girl Chained to Furnace

Don't say that. He's going to come in here and chide you for using a tired joke, while he's off to start his 18th thread about the same topic.

I've changed my mind. I like the GCTF jokes. That was a good one, Kirkwood.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Councilman Les Whinen wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Well, maybe whatever happened at the station and his subsequent blackballing/banning from CBS corporate radio was the result of "Goff being Goff?" At least in the context of what Goff has become and is now and not the happy go lucky Jason from Evanston from the past.

It's almost sad how far Goff has fallen. He used to be one of my favorite guys on the Score as a producer and I recall a fair amount of optimism when he was hired to replace Mannelly.

It's true, though. It's unbelievable that he couldn't get a full-time gig at the Score and was forced to seek it in the Atlanta, he gets fired in Atlanta for doing things that were bad enough to get him blackballed from any CBS gig anywhere. So bad that WSCR had to beg to get him a position. Now in his new gig at WSCR (that he was lucky to get) he brags about not doing any show prep, he is obviously unprepared for the show, the ratings blow and his partner hates his guts, hell he even alienated himself from Mac! He practically bragging about doing a shitty job and that he doesn't give a shit.

The only thing that I can think of is that he's been told that he'll get Terry's chair when he retires....which would explain him completely bowing to BernSTINE and stabbing Meat in the back.

Hysterical!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Do the ratings really blow? I've never seen them posted anywhere. Carm and Jurko are beating them?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SomeGuy wrote:
Now in his new gig at WSCR (that he was lucky to get) he brags about not doing any show prep, he is obviously unprepared for the show, the ratings blow and his partner hates his guts, hell he even alienated himself from Mac! He practically bragging about doing a shitty job and that he doesn't give a shit

don't forget making sure he's right out the door when the shift ends, too. Even if he does that, why brag about it on the air?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Beardown wrote:
Goff explained it when he got back. So it's not news.

Bull fuckin Shit, Beardown. You was just wanna act like an ass because you didn't get to start this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Bull fuckin Shit, Beardown. You was just wanna act like an ass because you didn't get to start this thread.

What? Why do you have hate on me just for the sake of hating on me? This is a true and simple response. How did I act like an ass?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:
Beardown wrote:

What? Why do you have hate on me just for the sake of hating on me?

That's a rhetorical question, moron.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ok.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:26 am 

If you remember, back in the day Score hosts would literally beg on the air for their daily meals. Everyone developed a book of "my guys" that they would give a plug to for bringing in some stuff. I think the IRS determined that this was income and needed to be reported. At the same time, management determined it was income advertising without compensation to the station. Suddenly, we no longer heard about the on air hosts all gathering at Basta Pasta every weekend or the restaurant around the corner who brought in food for lunch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:28 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:
If you remember, back in the day Score hosts would literally beg on the air for their daily meals. Everyone developed a book of "my guys" that they would give a plug to for bringing in some stuff. I think the IRS determined that this was income and needed to be reported. At the same time, management determined it was income advertising without compensation to the station. Suddenly, we no longer heard about the on air hosts all gathering at Basta Pasta every weekend or the restaurant around the corner who brought in food for lunch.

Except R.J. Melman. Really. Smart. Guy.