It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10/27 LeBron Damn James
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Is in town. Sell your house while property values are still high. Listen in to hear Goff tell you how to appreciate him.Live your life . That is all.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:42 am 

Tune in around 9:18, "sumthin' sumthin' basketball, sumthin' white people, sumthin' (replete with laughter)....PTFB (music). Get out of the car and back into the car, radio on again and I'm hearing a bunch of laughter along with some hand clapping. Goff is one goofy mutherphucker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Whatever music that they always play...not funny. Goff's stupid singing along is even worse. Worsened only by Spiegel when he used to sing along with his own parody songs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
redskingreg wrote:
Whatever music that they always play...not funny. Goff's stupid singing along is even worse. Worsened only by Spiegel when he used to sing along with his own parody songs.

Perp was waxing on the greatness that is Bobby McPherrin , one of his vocal idols.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
No Clever Moniker wrote:
hearing a bunch of laughter along with some hand clapping. Goff is one goofy mutherphucker.

:lol: this guy... :lol: ..... :lol: ...you're a bad guy... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:37 pm 

I'm not a Goff basher but how did he break out Bernstein's "mock the Chicago working class white guy" accent to describe people complaining about the Nike swoosh on Simeon?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I'm not a Goff basher but how did he break out Bernstein's "mock the Chicago working class white guy" accent to describe people complaining about the Nike swoosh on Simeon?

You answered your own question. Because Bernstein does it.

All the backups do it. It's funny when Shepkowski does it because his mocking voice is actually less annoying than his regular voice. But they're very close in sound. So Shep doesn't realize he's actually mocking himself. :lol: Gotta love Score backups.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I left the house late today so it was on when I got in the car. I listened to about 8 minutes, including Goff talking about being on Channel 32 after the hosts had a segment telling white kids not to dress up in blackface for Halloween.

At that point, I figured if I am not going to hear anything Chicago-sports related, I may as well not hear anything Chicago-sports related from a guy with a sense of humor, and put on Dan LeBatard on XM 80. Much better, as he was making fun of people in the media being outraged about Greg Hardy not talking to them. I don't give a fuck about Greg Hardy, but at least LeBatard was humorous.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let's be honest, Jason is a dumbass. He has very little talent and just plain boring and stupid.
He makes Larry sound like a Mensa member.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:05 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

This is what happens when a theory (Bernstein-ism) is adopted by someone who doesnt fully understand how and when to employ it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:24 pm 

Or fully understand the limitations of the approach. But he can keep on keepin' on as he must have Boers' chair in his sights. Which will then become some potentially hilarious theater.

For a few weeks/months until Dan realizes that Goff is not the same parrot, and Goff learns that Dan will dump him on the side of the road in a Spiegel minute.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Or fully understand the limitations of the approach. But he can keep on keepin' on as he must have Boers' chair in his sights. Which will then become some potentially hilarious theater.

For a few weeks/months until Dan realizes that Goff is not the same parrot, and Goff learns that Dan will dump him on the side of the road in a Spiegel minute.

This is true. Once Goff gets that chair, if he does, he will not be Danny's boy with contract in hand. Like him or not Goff has been learning life's lessons.