It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I PREDICT...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
hatersgonhate wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
hatersgonhate wrote:
People may not like it---but I've heard Goff, Holmes and DiCaro. 670 REALLY wants a female host...they have been working her in through the updates and articles. I LOVE me some Loooehn Homes, but I'll be PTFB.

This would not surprise me.

However, I don't think DiCaro is really the female host Mitch and Zim would really want to hang their hats on. If she can't read an update without stumbling over her words, how can she really talk free form...

They are putting her on mornings/mid days, giving her a forum for her "musings" via 670thescore.com, and really pushing her into conversations beyond the update. I think they are out of their minds, but they want that round peg to fit.

I've noticed. I don't listen to the station as much as I used to, but to be completely honest...she may be some sort of sports-savant (I don't think she is based on her thoughts...and twitter posts), but she has the worst tone of voice this side of Mike Murphy...she is completely unpleasant to listen to.

That right there is enough to make me PTFB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Tall Midget wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
(and yes, I said it like I mean it)

That your new mid day show by the end of the 1st quarter 2016 will be Laurence Holmes and Jason Goff!!!

Gonna be new production staff to go along with it.

That would be absolutely terrible.

Awful.

Bad.

Which is exactly why they will do it.

The Score will never let two African-Americans host the same show.

2 years ago, I would have agreed...now, with Bernstein seemingly being the inside "diva" of the station, and fingerprints of his guys being almost everywhere (except morning drive), he is going to prove that the station is filled with a bunch of racist bumpkins (even though it is). I think the SJW approach will kick in and we will see this happen. Bernstein now is where Mike North was when he went from talking sports to babbling about his racist beliefs and politics. I would give it 3 more years, tops...and the whole station will need a good revamping. WSCR is hitting WMVP circa 98 (the HUGE show) in terms of quality...

I used to like Goff on air. He has become a joke.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:38 pm 

I don't think Bernstein has any influence over programming at WSCR, nor does he care what the other shows do unless it fits his narrative (like mentioning everyone had a degree). Bernstein would never want "guys," especially not ones that worked at a sports station. He knows he traffics in bullshit and yearns to be part of a higher social and intellectual group. He doesn't think anyone is on his level at the station. I do think he unintentionally has influenced poor imitators at WSCR who believe his style to be the right one in how to approach sports. But Dan would view them as contemptible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
hatersgonhate wrote:
People may not like it---but I've heard Goff, Holmes and DiCaro. 670 REALLY wants a female host...they have been working her in through the updates and articles. I LOVE me some Loooehn Homes, but I'll be PTFB.

That would be fucking terrible. JDC will chase listeners away from the Score...and I cant imagine the advertisers who cater to 670's demographic would be happy with this either.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
hatersgonhate wrote:
but they want that round peg to fit.

good luck finding a place where it'll fit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boobstein wrote:
Lawrence and Goff = 4 hours of wrestling talk followed by slapping, clapping, pounding the console, giggling and twittering.

The Grimace & Grimace show = I'd give it a day before it would get pulled.

The laughing would be even worse with this combo; Holmes has that very loud, fake laugh.

All kinds of imagined racism on this show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:04 pm 

Bagels wrote:
hatersgonhate wrote:
but they want that round peg to fit.

good luck finding a place where it'll fit

:lol:

I think Goff and Larry would be a welcome change to anything with Meatpants.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
(and yes, I said it like I mean it)

That your new mid day show by the end of the 1st quarter 2016 will be Laurence Holmes and Jason Goff!!!

Gonna be new production staff to go along with it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Maybe Julie speaks better extemporaneously than she does reading copy (and as I pointed out before, she wasn't bad at it when she started). As for being a sports savant, she probably writes better than anyone else at the station who writes regularly, but I wouldn't call her brilliant. It's all pretty safe stuff within the modern consensus, no matter how much she may pretend that she's going to be crucified for beliefs like "white people look more favorably upon famous black athletes than they do other black people."

I don't know what the right answer is for middays at the Score, but I'm pretty sure that Goff, Leery, and Julie is the wrong answer. That said, you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, and a show with a woman and two people of color (but again, please don't call them colored people) is the logical progression of liberal sportswriting's new love affair with identity politics. And while Bernstein himself isn't sitting down with Mitch blocking out the programming grid, I don't know how you can say giving these three people a show has nothing to do with him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

other than BRick who wants to listen to SJW crap?
Doubt there is a big audience for that bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:26 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
other than BRick who wants to listen to SJW crap?
Doubt there is a big audience for that bullshit.

There isn't. Posting on a board that concentrates on sports media as we do, I think we sometimes lose perspective of just how insignificant Deadspin and the rest of that world really is to consumers of sports media at large. Most people don't want to change the world by listening to WSCR. They just want to talk about the Bears.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
If SJWgirl is a full co host, and Terry retires, I will have no reason to listen other than Cub broadcasts. ESPN national 9-10 and 5-6 for me, and MLB Network radio and the BBC World Service the rest of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm sure Mitch and Zim are thinking about it. Getting rid of Goff once his option comes up.

But they might just end up picking up Goff's option, give him one more year to stop laughing, if he doesn't, then cut ties. Or even if he does stop laughing, he still needs to improve as a talk show host. So they might give him one more year to do that as well. I think

Mac will be back at some point. Little birdie told me so.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I will set my god damn car ablaze, simply because it contains an apparatus that would allow access to 670, if those twats give DiCaro a full-time hosting gig.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:56 pm 

A Spiegel/Goff/DiCaro show is intriguing, because Spiegs could do a parody song: "Keep Ya Feet Up"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:26 am 

All this spitballing, by the time anything of substance happens half of this board will be too jaded to care. The other half will already be moaning bitches about the decision.

The problem with every one of these scenarios is that none of them bring any creativity, spontaneity, or relevance (past occupations/roles) to make a difference.

A total unknown who has pipes, sanity, and can deliver some simple sports gravitas would be the breath of fresh air needed. No need for SJW, or being simple minded, or a one-trick pony. This board alone has a half dozen people that I would consider worthy of such consideration (usual suspects excluded).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:29 am 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
All this spitballing, by the time anything of substance happens half of this board will be too jaded to care. The other half will already be moaning bitches about the decision.

The problem with every one of these scenarios is that none of them bring any creativity, spontaneity, or relevance (past occupations/roles) to make a difference.

A total unknown who has pipes, sanity, and can deliver some simple sports gravitas would be the breath of fresh air needed. No need for SJW, or being simple minded, or a one-trick pony. This board alone has a half dozen people that I would consider worthy of such consideration (usual suspects excluded).

Exactly right. Well said.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:46 am 
1000 CLUB

DiCaro is not getting a show. I don't know how some of you think this is a possibility.

And no way will there be a "Bernstein, Drinky & Goff Show" like I saw suggested.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:50 am 

Beardown wrote:
And no way will there be a "Bernstein, Drinky & Goff Show" like I saw suggested.

It would be The Dan Bernstein Show that happens to have Matt Abbatacola and Jason Goff. Add strategic Terry-oriented use of the soundboard and it would be Boers and Bernstein from 2006-2012, truly the path of least resistance for Mitch.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:56 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
hatersgonhate wrote:

That would be fucking terrible. JDC will chase listeners awayfrom the Score...and I cant imagine the advertisers who cater to 670's demographic would be happy with this either.

She won't be chasing them away that fast because her dumb Caller Bob is full or turkey sausage and white male tears, and also farts and poo poo!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:58 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
hatersgonhate wrote:

That would be fucking terrible. JDC will chase listeners awayfrom the Score...and I cant imagine the advertisers who cater to 670's demographic would be happy with this either.

She won't be chasing them away that fast because her dumb Caller Bob is full or turkey sausage and white male tears, and also farts and poo poo!

No way she eats turkey sausage.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:01 am 

Scorehead wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
hatersgonhate wrote:

No way she eats turkey sausage.

I didn't say she did, I said she shoves it up her pallid dead Caller Bob.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:02 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
white male tears

That's her side's word, not her detractors'. You're off your game!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:04 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
white male tears

The tears are caused by her smelly vag, not from smashing the patriarchy. And the smelly vag only effects white dudes because...you know...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:07 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:

It would be The Dan Bernstein Show that happens to have Matt Abbatacola and Jason Goff. Add strategic Terry-oriented use of the soundboard and it would be Boers and Bernstein from 2006-2012, truly the path of least resistance for Mitch.

Yeah. But why pay the extra money. They had that show with Goff chiming in on a producer salary. He talked a lot as a producer. It basically was a 3 man booth. Drinky chimes in with stupidity now. Why pay him more money as an official "host" to do so.

It will be Bernstein solo or "Bernstein and Rozner" if they don't decide to fire Bernstein.

Ship has sailed on drinky I think. And Goff is laughing is way out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:09 am 

Beardown wrote:
Yeah. But why pay the extra money.

They wouldn't be, really.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
SpiralStairs wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
white male tears

The tears are caused by her smelly vag, not from smashing the patriarchy. And the smelly vag only effects white dudes because...you know...

I don't understand.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:49 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
white male tears

I don't understand.

THINK. HARDER. DARKER.