It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: MamaSanta's
I am curious as to what you like about him and how do you get past his incessant clapping and laughing?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
was another thread really necessary? This is exactly what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:

It's a good thread. Why don't you answer the question?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
When he's not trying too hard, Goff is good at sounding like the proverbial guy you can have a beer with. He also demonstrates the most love for sports out of any Score host besides Les.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I loved his role as an antagonist of Bernstein.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

He's good at telling you why white people suck. I've learned a lot about this from him through the years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:02 pm 

Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

It's a good thread. Why don't you answer the question?

Beardown and JoeyCrown have spmack on the run!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I was a big fan of Goff when he was a fill in guy off the bench. He is insufferable as a daily show host.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:10 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
When he's not trying too hard, Goff is good at sounding like the proverbial guy you can have a beer with. He also demonstrates the most love for sports out of any Score host besides Les.

yeah I agree with this.

Being paired with meatpants is just not good for him. He is an anchor tied around his neck and makes all of his negative qualities worse.

He would be better off in a solo roll.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:18 pm 

Yeah, I liked Spiegel with Mac, but he hasn't worked well with other partners. And why would he? Mac hand-picked him to be his partner. Of course he isn't going to work as well with people he wasn't brought in to complement.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:23 pm 

As someone else said, he represented the every man...he wasn't some snot nosed prick who went to a J-School like Syracuse or Mizzou and came in to do this job. I still remember when he was a 19 year old kid who used to produce J-Hood's evening shows and J-Hood would let him get on the air and do a silly 30-60 segment called "Jason Goff's Macking Tips". He went from that to producing Jiggs and Buffone to B&B and never having to "go the regular" route.

He talks about things I can relate to.

He can be very entertaining.

I truly feel that Hatersgonnahate and JoeyCrown are just pissed off former employees of the station who didn't make it and have some gripe with Goff.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:25 pm 

spmack wrote:
he wasn't some snot nosed prick who went to a J-School like Syracuse or Mizzou and came in to do this job.

shots fired at the Randazzler.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:29 pm 

"Don't you, forget about me...." (a personal favorite of CH).

Connor McKnight graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a degree in English. After a season covering college football, a year working in minor league baseball and teaching English to seniors at a high school in Wisconsin, Connor caught a lucky break and started working at 670 The Score as a reporter and update anchor there.

After nearly five years covering all of Chicago’s teams, he made the jump over to 87.7 The Game and moved from there to WGN’s Sports staff. He now works as the “Senior Sports Editor” for the Roe Conn show and co-hosts The Beat on Saturdays from 3pm-7pm.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:30 pm 

Why doesn't his bio include the time he made fun of a homeless guy and the homeless guy punched him right in his smug fucking face? That's the most notable thing he's ever done.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:39 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
spmack wrote:
he wasn't some snot nosed prick who went to a J-School like Syracuse or Mizzou and came in to do this job.

shots fired at the Randazzler.

Should have mentioned Wisconsin, because it was more of a shot at McKnight and Hoge.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:48 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Why doesn't his bio include the time he made fun of a homeless guy and the homeless guy punched him right in his smug fucking face? That's the most notable thing he's ever done.

Your hated of McDoink makes me very happy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
"Don't you, forget about me...." (a personal favorite of CH).

Connor McKnight graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a degree in English. After a season covering college football, a year working in minor league baseball and teaching English to seniors at a high school in Wisconsin, Connor caught a lucky break and started working at 670 The Score as a reporter and update anchor there.

After nearly five years covering all of Chicago’s teams, he made the jump over to 87.7 The Game and moved from there to WGN’s Sports staff. He now works as the “Senior Sports Editor” for the Roe Conn show and co-hosts The Beat on Saturdays from 3pm-7pm.

Wait a second. He's the "Senior Sports Editor" for the Roe Conn show? What the hell is that? How can you be an editor for a radio show? I've never heard that title in radio. Is that just a fancy title for sports update guy? Is that what he does on the show? I'm seriously asking. I don't know.

He screwed up by leaving the Score. So did Hog.

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

He was much better (and funny) back when he was a producer who could jump on the air and argue or make fun out of something Bernstein said. I don't think he's a bad person or anything, but he should not be hosting a show in Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:04 pm 

I like Goff. I don't like his show but that will hopefully correct itself at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
hatersgonnahate still works there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:16 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

On another note, you don't how bad I wished it were Adam Hoge who punched the cabbie last year instead of Robert Klemko.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
spmack wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:47 pm 

spmack wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

On another note, you don't how bad I wished it were Adam Hoge who punched the cabbie last year instead of Robert Klemko.

I have this image in a miscellaneous folder on my E: drive, which is set to showing large folder icons. Every time I turn it on to go to my music folders or whatever, I see a little thumbnail of Our Own Adam Hog poking out of the folder icon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
There's nothing I hate more than guys who go to school to do a specific job and then get a job in that field.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:10 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
There's nothing I hate more than guys who go to school to do a specific job and then get a job in that field.

Would you say that McDoink, Hoge, Bernfield, Randazzo, et al have been good for the Score? I don't think the issue is what they went to school for so much as how they all arrived with the same style and worldview.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:25 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Would you say that McDoink, Hoge, Bernfield, Randazzo, et al have been good for the Score? I don't think the issue is what they went to school for so much as how they all arrived with the same style and worldview.

I just don't like the trend of deproffesionalization in a lot of industries and the mindset behind the people who embrace it like it's a good thing. That ends up turning into the 'I want a President I can have a beer with," and not "I want a President who is the most qualified and capable for the office."

I actually like McDoink. :|

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:29 pm 

Well, yes, I would prefer that accountants went to school for accounting, but this is show business -- radio, the anus of show business, but still. I appreciate a heterogeneity and lack of polish in creative pursuits. It's bad enough that Iowa churns out an assembly line of proficient MFAs, now I saw where USC has a program in songwriting and performance. Can you imagine a world where all our singer-songwriters graduated from a singer-songwriting program at an elite university? Everyone would sound like George Ezra, and Dan Bernstein would blog about it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The more years go by from "Jason from Evanston," the more Jason has to choose what he wants to be:

1. The guy with the "rolodex" in many ways, this was Chet at his peak. "We have 15 minutes free in hour three, get me Dale Brown"
2. The guy with the passion. Queue the Buffone soundboard
3. The "anti-journalist" who hates management from every team - Mike Murphy, anyone?
4. The lunatic overnight fringe. Les, Eddie Schwartz, Art Bell...
5. The flawed everyman. DaMaNaa...
6. The social justice warrior.

Even though Buffone was his mentor, Jason will never have that passion. He can't be the anti-journalist because he wants the Bulls tickets and the life. And he openly made fun of DaMaNaaaa.

So what does that leave him? He SHOULD evolve himself into the guy with the rolodex. Nobody expected a young Jason to have that rolodex. But he would have benefited working for a guy that did have one. Thus he's become a hybrid "everybrother SJW," and he gets all giggly because he wants you to know that he doesn't take life seriously, except when he puts on his SJW cape.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:34 pm 

I think he should go with flawed everyman. People like people they can relate to in radio. Even Bernstein at his best was just the Frasier Crane of the bar, compared his current form as some p.r./HR mutant that resembles no real-life human.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:34 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Well, yes, I would prefer that accountants went to school for accounting, but this is show business -- radio, the anus of show business, but still. I appreciate a heterogeneity and lack of polish in creative pursuits. It's bad enough that Iowa churns out an assembly line of proficient MFAs, now I saw where USC has a program in songwriting and performance. Can you imagine a world where all our singer-songwriters graduated from a singer-songwriting program at an elite university? Everyone would sound like George Ezra, and Dan Bernstein would blog about it.

In this case, the host in question undoubtedly could use some professional radio education. Even Mac spoke glowingly of the interview guru 1000 made him sit down with.