It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Didn't think this was a conceivable question when the new pairing was announced as Mannelly was clearly out of his element. I used to like Goff, but now I'd rather rub my dick with a cheese grater than listen to his mania.

What say you?™

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
MajorKong wrote:
Didn't think this was a conceivable question when the new pairing was announced as Mannelly was clearly out of his element. I used to like Goff, but now I'd rather rub my dick with a cheese grater than listen to his mania.

What say you?™

Yes.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:10 pm 

Anything with meatpants is awful.

But the deal with Mannelly was worse.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:16 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
MajorKong wrote:

What say you?™

Yes.

That's the spirit!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Goff really is fine. Mannely was fine, great even during the footyball season. I will say that the problem was not them.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Goff has never been this bad at any other spot - weekends in the past, Atlanta the few times I listened out of curiosity. Grimace plays into Goff's worse tendencies.

I think if they stick Goff in the 8pm-midnight spot by himself, and let him react to the evening's events, he would be viable.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
What are people's issues with Goff outside of giggling and slapping the console?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:28 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
What are people's issues with Goff outside of giggling and slapping the console?

He's turned into an incessant chatterbox. It's an uncomfortable listen because he never lets anything breath. When he's not yammering, he's laughing. When he's not laughing, he's rattling papers on his desk. The only time he's not doing any of these is when Grimace interjects to do the exact same thing.

Plus, some days he'll constantly interrupt people. The other day Rodney Harrison gave him the good old, "I would like to answer your question if you would shut the fuck up."

Is someone holding a gun to his head? Is he drinking 5 pots of coffee in the morning? Does he have an undiagnosed medical condition?

I don't know.

All I know is that he needs to relax.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
MajorKong wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

He's turned into an incessant chatterbox. It's an uncomfortable listen because he never lets anything breath. When he's not yammering, he's laughing. When he's not laughing, he's rattling papers on his desk. The only time he's not doing any of these is when Grimace interjects to do the exact same thing.

Plus, some days he'll constantly interrupt people. The other day Rodney Harrison gave him the good old, "I would like to answer your question if you would shut the fuck up."

Is someone holding a gun to his head? Is he drinking 5 pots of coffee in the morning? Does he have an undiagnosed medical condition?

I don't know.

Agreed with all of this.

What did Harrison say?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
MajorKong wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I don't know.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I think he's can be a host but needs to fucking relax.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
SpiralStairs wrote:

A lof of white people are pissed that his black ass has a daily show in drive time even though he didn't go to school for it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
-console pounding
-incessant giggling
-fake tough guy act
-not enough sports, too much "last night at the crib"
-fake relationships with teams/athletes
-"NBA expert," hot garbage takes on basketball
-interrupts everyone
-unprepared for the show

Is that enough of what's wrong with JG?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:13 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I don't know.

Agreed with all of this.

What did Harrison say?

It was a few weeks ago, but to my recollection it went something like this:
(Harrison seemed grumpy to begin with)

Goff: Rodney, do you think that 'team x' can beat 'team y'?
Harrison: Well-
Goff: Because blah, blah, blah, blah....
Harrison: Well the-
Goff: Cause such and such and such and such...
Harrison: Did you have me on your show to answer questions or to interrupt me?
Goff: (desk slap) You know, playa, I'm just tryin' to be clear with my question...
Harrison: Well, I'm gonna answer you then... (answers question.)
Goff: (trying to play it off all cool) This is why we like Rodney ladies and gentlemen, come on my show and talk smack to me, feistiness is good radio. What people dont realize is that me and Rodney ain't beefin' we're just screwing around.
Harrison: (plays it off too) Just keeping it real, I appreciate that about you though...
Spiegel: Hey, I'm a fat white guy :pale:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
spmack wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

A lof of white people are pissed that his black ass has a daily show in drive time even though he didn't go to school for it.

Midday isn't a drive time. That only refers to mornings and afternoons.

Anyway, I like Jason and think he can be good (and sometimes he is), but it's not a pairing that suits him, that's all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
MajorKong wrote:

:lol: that's a pretty good Beardown you've got going

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:31 am 

hatersgonhate wrote:
MajorKong wrote:

:lol: that's a pretty good Beardown you've got going

Thanks... I think.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
spmack wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I'd just like to be clear that Goff's lack of education has no bearing on why I dislike him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: Coalfire
Goff is only good at keeping us updated one the goings on in the crib with the brothers and twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Goff started bad, and is picking up all the bad habits from Grimace / Mac.

When you have as little talent as Goff, you can't be lazy too.

Maybe he just misses his mentor, Buffone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:11 am 

MajorKong wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I don't know.

Ipod generation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:14 am 

This Goff version, by a mile. Goff is unspeakably bad. I really thought that you couldn't get more irritating that Spiegel and Leery, but Goff is even worse. Quite a bit worse, in fact.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:15 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I don't know.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I think he's can be a host but needs to fucking relax.

That's and understatement. He literally frequently gasps between sentences.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Snapper is difficult to dislike which made some of his flaws easier to accept. He is one of those rare personalities that transcends to many different demographics - much like Buffone did.

Sure, he was vanilla and lacked some knowledge in other sports - he admittedly said so.

However, Snapper & Spiegel was a more enjoyable listen for me personally.

I enjoyed his inside Bears stuff and nuggets from the past that included experiences under four different coaching regimes, a Super Bowl and playing the most years for the franchise - that's a lot of Bears' stories.

Finally, my vote for worse show of the two is Spiegel & Goff. I agree that Goff would be better solo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Dan Bernstein is part of that group.

I for one have always been desirous that a black talk show host do well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:47 pm 

Godfella wrote:
Snapper is difficult to dislike which made some of his flaws easier to accept. He is one of those rare personalities that transcends to many different demographics - much like Buffone did.

The thing about Mannelly is, sure, he was bad. But his badness was mostly badness of omission; he didn't bring much energy or many compelling thoughts or takes. Goff's badness is badness of commission: he's flagrantly annoying pretty much at all times. So neither show was a good listen, but if you mainly want background noise and an occasional sports-take, the Grimmace and Snapper show at least wouldn't constantly piss you off. This clap-n-slap fest now, good god...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
leashyourkids wrote:
spmack wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I'd just like to be clear that Goff's lack of education has no bearing on why I dislike him.

Exactly. I don't care either if a radio show host is educated. Some of the best have not been educated. I'll take uneducated & entertaining over educated with radio guy voice every time.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

hatersgonhate wrote:
-console pounding
-incessant giggling
-fake tough guy act
-not enough sports, too much "last night at the crib"
-fake relationships with teams/athletes
-"NBA expert," hot garbage takes on basketball
-interrupts everyone
-unprepared for the show

Is that enough of what's wrong with JG?

Seems to cover it nicely.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I've always been a Goff fan. This pairing is just not getting the job done. It is not entertaining at all....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
Spiegel & Mannelly was boring as hell, but still vastly superior to whatever this bullshit is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Godfella wrote:

The thing about Mannelly is, sure, he was bad. But his badness was mostly badness of omission; he didn't bring much energy or many compelling thoughts or takes. Goff's badness is badness of commission: he's flagrantly annoying pretty much at all times. So neither show was a good listen, but if you mainly want background noise and an occasional sports-take, the Grimmace and Snapper show at least wouldn't constantly piss you off. This clap-n-slap fest now, good god...

How would you like to be a new guy, new to the business, and get paired up with grimace, a guy doesn't give a shit about anything?