It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Which is fine. He's good. Obviously. And he's gonna win the MVP as he should.

But Goff is doing the same thing with Newton that he does with Lebron. He makes it out like everybody hates Newton. That he, Jason Goff, is the only one that realizes that he's good.

I don't know why Jason does this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Beardown wrote:
I don't know why Jason does this.

He does this because you touch yourself at night.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff was making this about race. Though he didn't flat out say it. It was an undertone thing with him. It's the Super Bowl!!!! The Super Bowl is never about race in America. It's about gambling. :cheers:

So while Goff wants to put people in camps. Racists whites for Manning. Good people for Newton. He's flat out wrong. The money is gonna be on Carolina. So people are rooting for Newton!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It really is pretty lazy radio to go on a race angle with Cam. His play speaks for itself and there were certainly others before him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
pittmike wrote:
It really is pretty lazy radio to go on a race angle with Cam. His play speaks for itself and there were certainly others before him.

One of the productive ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
You must be referring to the "athletic" and "surprisingly articulate" James Harris.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting- ... mes-harris

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
The elderly statesmen in my family express disgust with "Cam" whenever he celebrates getting a first down, etc.

So maybe Goff has a point, but he is so utterly horrendous that I am now forced to side with white devils.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
i think this narrative might only get louder, sadly. Pretty soon it'll be about how Manning is just so likeable and overcoming adversities and maybe retirement on top...really, its not meant as a detriment to Newton, but it might be the focus. Whereas Newton is "just" the quarterback of a really good team. For some reason, a lack of story for Newton will become the story. And that story will be racism.

Because...dumb people.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
It'd be one thing if it were Michael Vick, who always seemed brooding and dangerous even before we found out he was killing dogs. Cam Newton just seems like a guy who loves what he does, which is welcome from anyone of any race when you're feeling knee-deep in hokey football-as-war metaphors. This feels like the no-win situation White America was in with Russell Wilson: if you hate him, it's because he's black, but if you like him, it's because he's not that black.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
It'd be one thing if it were Michael Vick, who always seemed brooding and dangerous even before we found out he was killing dogs. Cam Newton just seems like a guy who loves what he does, which is welcome from anyone of any race when you're feeling knee-deep in hokey football-as-war metaphors. This feels like the no-win situation White America was in with Russell Wilson: if you hate him, it's because he's black, but if you like him, it's because he's not that black.

Right. Goff is certainly a part of that crowd. Hell, he's done it in the NBA. He belittles Steph Curry saying that he's the cute little light skinned guy and worships at the alter of Lebron James cuz he's a dark skinned WANG WHIPPER.

So Goff is part of the race problem in America.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:23 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

I think Cam's joie de vivre will ultimately be proven to be phony but he is playing well right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: MamaSanta's
When Goff isn't laughing at something that isn't funny, or interrupting anyone else who is talking, or shouting instead of talking, he is reminding us that he is black. He is a terrible listen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hey Beardown, the Panthers will be wearing their BLACK jersey for the Super Bowl. Interesting, huh?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

That is interesting. Because it's the AFC's turn to be the home team. Which means the Broncos decided to wear the road jerseys despite having the option to wear the orange. I'll take a guess on why. Because two years ago they were also the home team, they wore their orange jerseys and got killed by the Seahawks. So maybe it's a "let's change it up" thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Beardown wrote:
That is interesting. Because it's the AFC's turn to be the home team. Which means the Broncos decided to wear the road jerseys despite having the option to wear the orange. I'll take a guess on why. Because two years ago they were also the home team, they wore their orange jerseys and got killed by the Seahawks. So maybe it's a "let's change it up" thing.

Yep, maybe. It's actually quite simple, and I was just giving you crap.

Alternate uni's are not allowed in the SB, and although the Panthers wear the teal more, that's technically their alternate and the black jerseys are their secondary. That's it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:17 pm 

That's not teal. Teal is greenish, like the Sharks or Jaguars. The Panthers just wear light blue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yep, maybe. It's actually quite simple, and I was just giving you crap.

Alternate uni's are not allowed in the SB, and although the Panthers wear the teal more, that's technically their alternate and the black jerseys are their secondary. That's it.

I knew you were messing with me. It's just beneath me to take the bait.

But, think about it. You have the "BLACK (uniform) Panthers" vs. the "WHITE (uniform) Broncos (Which makes people think of O.J.) :shock:. Not to mention the black vs white QB thing.

The NFL is sending a subliminal race message with the uniforms!!!!!! Those bastards!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Broncos lost 3 or 4 in a row wearing orange. They didn't win until they wore white.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:39 pm 

Beardown wrote:
But, think about it. You have the "BLACK (uniform) Panthers" vs. the "WHITE (uniform) Broncos (Which makes people think of O.J.) :shock:.

This is a pretty clever realization. Where'd you steal it from?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Broncos lost 3 or 4 in a row wearing orange. They didn't win until they wore white.

Jimmypasta wrote:
And until Kubiak started screaming more on the sidelines and foaming at the mouth periodically. And throwing things. Broncos by 50.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:
But, think about it. You have the "BLACK (uniform) Panthers" vs. the "WHITE (uniform) Broncos (Which makes people think of O.J.) :shock:.

This is a pretty clever realization. Where'd you steal it from?

How dare you. I came up with that on my own. It just hit me as I was responding to Spmack. I didn't even know the Panthers were wearing black until Spmack told me so.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

0-4 in orange
1-1 in white
1-0 in navy

Panthers, btw are 0-1 in their only SB appearance, where they wore white.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Was out and about...caught some of Jake and the Fatman....when Goff talks about Cam Newton the Battle Hymn of the Republic should be playing in the background :roll:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I actually thought they did a decent job of discussing the matter. From about 10-10:30 your time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:50 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I actually thought they did a decent job of discussing the matter. From about 10-10:30 your time.

See what has not been brought up in Cams "not comparable'" yes he is comparable to Brady, Montana, and other multiple Super Bowl winners.Un til he wins Super Bowls he will be compared.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Peyton Manning is also 0-2 in home jerseys. The Colts were in road whites when they beat the Beloved in XLI

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:35 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Peyton Manning is also 0-2 in home jerseys. The Colts were in road whites when they beat the Beloved in XLI

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:18 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I think Cam's joie de vivre will ultimately be proven to be phony but he is playing well right now.

Which is how he gets away with being so fucking obvious. Dude knows where every camera is. Just play the game and shut the fuck up. You are not a superhero.

Camera Newton

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
https://twitter.com/Jason1Goff/status/6 ... 1060132864

Love is wavering...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:15 pm 

North Side Q there to be the backup no one asked for.