It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Remember when Bernstein used to use the term "Flavorless Brothers" to describe boring balck guys with no personality?

Today's show is Goff and Leery. Goff is talking about a time he recently got bad service in a restaurant. If he hasn't already done so today, I'm sure Leery will tell an equally uninteresting story before 1:00.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Haven't listened to this particular anecdote, but in general at least Leery doesn't pretend to be cool nearly as much as Goff does. Maybe I'm biased since I pretty much exclusively only listen to S&G when they have guests on podcast, and a third of the interview is Goff telling the guest to 'get with' him when they're in town or how they got into trouble last time they were in town or some other similar bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Didn't Sir Laurence of Pudlington used to try to give the impression, in so many words, that Bears' players would text him to come hang out with them at clubs?

I clearly remember the time back in 2008 or 2009 when he had Ginger Zee on his show to "clear up all the rumors going around" that they were dating. :roll:

I assume any such rumors were being spread by Leery himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Tad Queasy wrote:
Remember when Bernstein used to use the term "Flavorless Brothers" to describe boring balck guys with no personality?

I wonder how much flavor Julian Green has.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I wonder how much flavor Julian Green has.

:lol: He's one of the good ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It is nice of the show to give us 10 minutes of hockey talk at the end and of course interject PK Subban.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I did wind up listening a bit. But any reason why Spiegel was out? seems like a late cancellation, cause Larry didn't join in until the second hour.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
pittmike wrote:
It is nice of the show to give us 10 minutes of hockey talk at the end and of course interject PK Subban.

Ah, P.K. Subban, the Cam Newton of hockey. No player is loved more performatively.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:13 pm 

I caught the poor restaurant service part on my lunch. Heard the word "crib" thrown around about 25x. Boring, brutal radio.

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:03 am 

It may not be a popular opinion but Peanut Tillman is a flavorless brother as well.

He uses a lot of words to say nothing. He speaks those words clearly. However, at the end of the day you spent a lot of time listening to some boring platitudes and uninteresting anecdotes. Maybe it is because Sir is the interviewer. He sucks the life out of a room.

Sorry Peanut. Still love you

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:36 am 

good dolphin wrote:
It may not be a popular opinion but Peanut Tillman is a flavorless brother as well.

He uses a lot of words to say nothing. He speaks those words clearly. However, at the end of the day you spent a lot of time listening to some boring platitudes and uninteresting anecdotes. Maybe it is because Sir is the interviewer. He sucks the life out of a room.

Laurence Holmes ‏@LaurenceWHolmes 3h3 hours ago
A really honest conversation with Charles Tillman that you need to hear. Listen, enjoy & share. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/01/26/ ... m-chicago/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:41 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Laurence Holmes ‏@LaurenceWHolmes 3h3 hours ago
A really honest conversation with Charles Tillman that you need to hear. Listen, enjoy & share. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/01/26/ ... m-chicago/

The interview was dull, faux-cheery filler at best. Perfect for Laurence & Tillman's image. Peanut will be a "great" addition to one of the lifeless second tier cable sports networks next year. In two years he can take Heath Evans' or Hasselbeck's spot as safe filler on the big blowtorch.