It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:05 am 
1000 CLUB

Ok. Fine. It's cool to be a cocky ass, celebrating mother fucker when things go well. But when you lose, the hood is on, head down, short answers and then he leaves the press conference when the questions got tough. Can we criticize him? Are we allowed? I think it's fine. I'm one that think he behaved like a bitch.

Goff: Racist ass mother fucker!!!!!

Beardown: That's what I thought you would say, playa. Anyway, that's not important. What happened at the your "Crib" during the Super Bowl? That's what's most important.

Goff: Motha fucka!!!!!

Beardown: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Goff: How's a brother supposed to play when no one blocks? He wasn't safe in his crib all day bruh.

Grimace: *belch* great spread yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:37 am 

I'm not sure how Goff will respond but there were plenty of white media members who made excuses for Cam's behavior at the press conference. Probably the same clowns trying to paint white fans as racist if they wanted to see Manning win a Super Bowl on the way out. I think Goff even retweeted one of them last night.

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:58 am 

Newton has been this way since college.

summer soldier and sunshine patriot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:28 am 

I listened in to about 10 minutes of this show just now. I'm convinced -utterly convinced- that Jason Goff is the single worst radio host in the city. Maybe the worst all-time. He is the most insufferable fucking prick ever. Just in the couple minutes I listed, he clapped at least twice, slapped the console at least 3 times, laughed nearly constantly, and said "yeah" about 40 times. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." Have a different response once in awhile, shithead. Laughing is literally his response to everything too. Like, when a caller makes a point he disagrees with, as happened just now, he has this special quiet laugh he does, apparently to relay that he has a mocking disdain for the point the caller's making. The great Jason Goff looks down on the views of these pleb callers, and can respond in no way other than to just shake his head and laugh at their piteous folly.

Fucking tool. And you know it's phony too, because it's a special laugh. Not at all a normal reaction, but a planned one. He doesn't actually think anything's funny, he just wants everyone to know that he finds such opinions beneath his dignity, and finds their very existence humorous. He actually apparently thinks that's good radio.

A pox on this fuck. Fire Goff ASAP. Meatpants may not be much to work with, fair enough, but good god, Goff is making me pine for the days of Meat and Leary. That show was shit, but this one is literally insufferable.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
MattInTheCrown wrote:
I listened in to about 10 minutes of this show just now. I'm convinced -utterly convinced- that Jason Goff is the single worst radio host in the city. Maybe the worst all-time. He is the most insufferable fucking prick ever. Just in the couple minutes I listed, he clapped at least twice, slapped the console at least 3 times, laughed nearly constantly, and said "yeah" about 40 times. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." Have a different response once in awhile, shithead. Laughing is literally his response to everything too. Like, when a caller makes a point he disagrees with, as happened just now, he has this special quiet laugh he does, apparently to relay that he has a mocking disdain for the point the caller's making. The great Jason Goff looks down on the views of these pleb callers, and can respond in no way other than to just shake his head and laugh at their piteous folly.

Fucking tool. And you know it's phony too, because it's a special laugh. Not at all a normal reaction, but a planned one. He doesn't actually think anything's funny, he just wants everyone to know that he finds such opinions beneath his dignity, and finds their very existence humorous. He actually apparently thinks that's good radio.

A pox on this fuck. Fire Goff ASAP. Meatpants may not be much to work with, fair enough, but good god, Goff is making me pine for the days of Meat and Leary. That show was shit, but this one is literally insufferable.

I actually feel bad for Spiegel when I listen. He can't get a word in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
He is a 26 year old pro athlete. The guy lives the highs and lows.

One day he will learn that you dont need to rub it in everyones face wth dabbing, supermanning, etc.

At the same time, he will accpet loses better and realize "the sun will come up...TOMORROW"

I despise people talking about it in a racist sense, its about maturing in life....not just on the field.

Got no problem with what Cam did in front of the media....I would have been the same way at his age.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
MattInTheCrown wrote:

I mostly listen only when they have guests (via podcast) and during those interviews you can hear Goff guffaw* and give a weird laugh/sigh while the guest is talking.

*Goffaw?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Imagine if Cutler pulled that post game presser. He would be absolutely scorched.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Imagine if Cutler pulled that post game presser. He would be absolutely scorched.

Well said

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Peoria Matt wrote:

Not even a question.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Peoria Matt wrote:

If Cutler put up an MVP season I couldn't care less what he said in post game interviews.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:14 pm 

Not that this excuses it, but really stupid to have the winner and losing podiums that close.

Kinda funny...I was thinking that Cam's scowl came mid question and didnt make sense, now it does.

http://deadspin.com/did-cam-newton-leave-his-press-conference-because-he-co-1757780472

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Same press conference set up NFL always has. It's so reporters covering the event can cherry pick between interviewees and even catch what both are saying most of the time. Also, it's random when the players show up. So you can have an empty podium for one team while there's a player taking questions at the other.
Only X- factor: Cam. Not the first losing player to have to hear the other team's presser, won't be the last. Image

I imagine Russell Wilson wasn't thrilled to be dealing with the same setup last year, but he didn't sulk and walk off.

https://youtu.be/OmsYJ5XxCJ0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
Peoria Matt wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:32 pm 

bigfan wrote:

One day he will learn that you dont need to rub it in everyones face wth dabbing, supermanning, etc.

At the same time, he will accpet loses better and realize "the sun will come up...TOMORROW"

I despise people talking about it in a racist sense, its about maturing in life....not just on the field.

Got no problem with what Cam did in front of the media....I would have been the same way at his age.

At 26 and despite the $$ being paid/image pressures, I have a hard time thinking that I would have done things much differently myself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
To his credit, he went over and congratulated Manning after the game ended, which is more than Manning, Brady, and Belichick have ever been able to do. I'll never forget Belichick running off the field like a bitch when the Giants won.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I like 'Goffaw'. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:

Cam Newton is getting scorched for that post game presser, no?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:30 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
bigfan wrote:

At 26 and despite the $$ being paid/image pressures, I have a hard time thinking that I would have done things much differently myself.

Here is the problem I have with Cam: in my opinion he would have been all smiles and grab asses with the reporters if he had played well and his team lost.

Cam had it in his mind that this was his coming out party. This was going to be where he made it big in advertising, which I believe is his real goal. I've said it before, he is like Marshall where football is one of his platforms.

Nothing is within the framework of team. I fully expect to start hearing things from his teammates this off season. Everyone is a means to Cam's end (hey, hey).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Him not diving for the ball really says a lot about him. He had a legit shot to get it. In fact, if you look at it, he was the favorite to get it. That was the worst thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
SpiralStairs wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Cam Newton is getting scorched for that post game presser, no?

Majority is by ex-players.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Regular Reader wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I don't know. That might have been a personality thing. I'm not huge on celebrations but I didn't feel strongly about them. I don't like poor losers though and he does give off the Cam is a one man show vibe. His teammates seem to like him but I could see them getting tired of it in a year or so especially if they lose. Winning hides a lot of issues but when you lose you need a leader more.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:01 am 

kap yesterday reminded himself of the interview he had with rivera (i think it was last friday) and said that when rivera was talking about leaders on his team, he did not mention newton at all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
W_Z wrote:
kap yesterday reminded himself of the interview he had with rivera (i think it was last friday) and said that when rivera was talking about leaders on his team, he did not mention newton at all.

Then he looked in the mirror and said "Great interview, bro. Hey, are you still in the lead in that Vegas fantasy football league? You know it, chief. Sweet, champ."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:54 am 

The media seems to think people care a lot about the Panthers. They were out of the general public consciousness throughout the year even with a 15-1 record.