It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drake v Eminem
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Drake's ghostwriters wouldn't even answer the phone because they would know better. Eminem would end this clown's life.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/eminem-may-d ... 02840.html

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

Post subject: Re: Drake v Eminem
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I saw this earlier today. It would be interesting. Hopefully more fun for hip hop heads than anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

Watching another man get murdered is interesting?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:38 pm 

:lol:

I mean... I thought Em was done with the battles a while ago?

A lot of people don't wanna put Eminem in their top 5, or even 10, but if you don't list him as one of the 3 to 5 best (recorded, not live) battle rappers ever then I think you are mistaken. The guy lived for this shit when he was plowing through 8 balls after he got big.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:39 pm 

When I first saw this I thought it was a joke.

Hopefully, Eminem gets his fans as well

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:40 pm 

Eminem would kill him.

Anyone that does not have Eminem in their top 5 is crazy

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:

A lot of people don't wanna put Eminem in their top 5, or even 10, but if you don't list him as one of the 3 to 5 best (recorded, not live) battle rappers ever then I think you are mistaken. The guy lived for this shit when he was plowing through 8 balls after he got big.

Definitely top 3. I think he would enjoy nothing more than to put a clown like Drake in his place.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Definitely top 3. I think he would enjoy nothing more than to put a clown like Drake in his place.

I believe it, and if someone as plugged into the game as Eminem currently is starts talking about Drake's ghost writers it def carries a whole lot more weight than if some 5th tier rapper like Meek Mill brings it up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Jbi11s wrote:

man have you ever gone and watched the old tapes of eminem in the finals of scribble jam against, uhhh, chicago's very own juice and eyedea methinks? IIRC he won that, and i know he also won the rap olympics back around 1997 and that's where he got on dr dre's radar (the old eminem.com website had a link to a ~32-64kbps realaudio-quality-type-recording of eminem's stuff at the rap olympics and he was on point back then.... i remember him going to a chick "how the hell are we supposed to take you seriously? everyone knows you're coming up here to take your period out on me" and then in the actual finals he had something like "why you tryin'ta make the color of my facial tissue a racial issue [blah blah blah] cuz you're a wack liar.... and now all your white jokes just backfired.. [something something i think ending up with something like "dumbass donkey"] GO BACK AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS YOU JUST GOT SERVED BY A HONKEY!!! [crowd goes OHHHHHHHHHHHHH]

yeah TLDR = eminem used "the battle circuit" circa 1997 to get noticed/signed and worked it accordingly. however when he was doing the promotional rounds for the slim shady EP/LP he did a lot of radio appearances with "freestyles" that were as "off the dome" as your typical drake appearance on funkmaster flex where he's reading "freestyle" rhymes off of his blackberry. outside of scribble jam and the rap olympics you gotta dig to find stuff where he actually goes off the dome, and obviously he's not nearly as good at off-the-dome as he is at doing proper writtens (cuz like you said, even tho most/all of his music since blowing up mainstream is bullshit there's no doubt the dude is some kind of all-time-GOAT-level talented with how he puts in work on the lyrical block)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:32 pm 

oh yeah btw, if my last post didn't make it obvious there is no actual competition here. drake's essentially an actor portraying a "contemporary rap superstar" in pop culture in the same way aubrey portrayed whoever back on degrassi high on canadian tv. eminem's actually a rapper who was some kind of technically amazing to the point of being in the GOAT discussion in terms of top 5/10s (and there's basically no doubt that he's the greatest white rapper to ever walk the earth, even if 95%+ of his tracks are basically total bullshit)

so yeah the ppl making jokes about arresting eminem for manslaughter/homicide/etc are on point. if anything these two are probably just using each other's names to get some free pub/headlines/etc cuz there's no way there can be an actual rapping competition between eminem and drake because one's a (GOAT/ish) rapper and the other's an actor.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:39 pm 

Yeah, um, all of his shit at those battle rap events was written. I own the first 2 scribble jam DVDs. Eminem was so off beat it was impossible to believe he even reached the finals. Btw, he didn't win scribble jam. He lost to Juice. He never battled Eyedea on video. That would have been murder, and idk if Em would have recovered from that assault. I'm happy Eminem became famous and helped elevate hip hop to such a high level. You can't take that away from him. Let's not pretend like he was the greatest live battle rapper ever tho. His pre writtens were hilarious and fresh at the time. Technically tho, he was awful on the Slim Shady LP, and was still mastering how to ride a beat when the Marshall Mathers LP came out.

Rhymesayers and Shady seem to have a cordial relationship now, but a lot of those MN cats used to really resent Eminem back in the day. I've been to shows where Slug would throw in a line mocking Em and the whole crowd would cheer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:48 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Technically tho, he was awful on the Slim Shady LP, and was still mastering how to ride a beat when the Marshall Mathers LP came out.

you know who my favorite rapper of all-time is, right? BUSTA CADENCE!!! :alien:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

I have to ignore the future thought of anyone that says that 95%+ of a top 3 rapper's stuff is bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
I have to ignore the future thought of anyone that says that 95%+ of a top 3 rapper's stuff is bullshit.

Who said that?

Edit: NvM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:37 pm 

Nas wrote:

eminem top 3? idk if i'd go that far... he's lurking between top 5-10 mainly as a courtesy to him for his undeniable skill, which honestly i don't think has been that utilized to it's fullest for a long time.

nas, can you honestly tell me that anything from, say, the marshall mathers LP 2 (or whatever his last album was) can even get in the same ballpark with, say, a truly GOATish eminem cut like, say, "tonite" ??

and yeah jbills idk if his cadence/flow/on-beatness is up to snuff on tonite.... but then again getting hung up on a rapper's overall quality because of their on-beatness is akin to trying to be some kind of a highbrow connoisseur of malt liquor or something. rap is like.... dude, you're drinking a st ides. who cares? if you were worried about how you're getting to the promised land you wouldn't be drinking a st ides (read: listening to rap music)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:50 pm 

I do hold hip hop to a high standard. Which is why I don't sample as much of it nowadays as I used to. I figured someone who has cut a few tracks himself would have a less forgiving ear. Yes MM had a gift for lyricism and songwriting from the beginning, but his technical skills weren't completely up to snuff until the Eminem Show which is my fav album of his.

Not trying to be snarky, but I thought you were into critically evaluating MC's like hip hop heads do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
https://www.yahoo.com/music/watch-drake ... 37034.html

No feud.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Pretty much everyone who knew both pretty closely said there was no feud anyway. Drake never said what was claimed.