It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goff's Commitment
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:38 pm 

The standing/sitting/kneeling protest movement and all the racial issues have become Jason's version of Penn State. He can and should say whatever he wants - but has he gone beyond talk? I don't listen to the show (working) but has he said what he's doing? Has he said he was going to organize meetings between cops and the community in his home town of Evanston, or in some of city neighborhoods? Has he offered to speak to school kids? Has he offered to donate money?

I don't know if he has, but if he hasn't , he's part of the problem. Talk is what he does for a living, but these topics need more than talk - you have to do something. I don't expect dicastro to do anything - it won't get her noticed. But given Jason's connection, you would expect him to try to take action - and follow through.

Again, if I missed him saying something, then good for him.

Post subject: Re: Goff's Commitment
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
didea wrote:
I don't expect dicastro to do anything - it won't get her noticed.

Julie DiCastro, now that would be an inside-baseball mult.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

didea wrote:
The standing/sitting/kneeling protest movement and all the racial issues have become Jason's version of Penn State. He can and should say whatever he wants - but has he gone beyond talk? I don't listen to the show (working) but has he said what he's doing? Has he said he was going to organize meetings between cops and the community in his home town of Evanston, or in some of city neighborhoods? Has he offered to speak to school kids? Has he offered to donate money?

I don't know if he has, but if he hasn't , he's part of the problem. Talk is what he does for a living, but these topics need more than talk - you have to do something. I don't expect dicastro to do anything - it won't get her noticed. But given Jason's connection, you would expect him to try to take action - and follow through.

Nope. Sadly I do more for the black commuity and for women then both Julie and Goff combined.

Goff: Motha fucka!!!! What has your cracker ass done for the black community and women?

Beardown: My postings on this board got racist Mike North off the air. I also put a young white women through college with lap dance money.

Goff: Dumb ass cracker.

Beardown: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
didea wrote:

I hope he does get involved somehow--especially since his smarminess probably turns off a larger number of people than the number of people (who previously disagreed with him or were undecided) whom he persuades to see things his way....

Last edited by formerlyknownas on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

For the record, I took a knee every time Mike North began his show. I do the same for the B&B show.

I'm doing my part.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Just a general comment not aimed at any host/person in particular...

Personally, sports is my escape from the over saturated 24 hour news blitzkrieg that contains politics, weather and other garbage. I'm growing exhausted hearing about who is making a political statement and how somebody is wrong or racist, blah, blah, blah.

"How about football? Can we get back to talking about football?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:23 pm 

Maybe it's not the same kind of escape for people who aren't as well off as you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

But Goff is weird with this thing.

Goff: All I'm trying to do is have a conversation. WHY CAN'T WE DO THAT?

Boomer: Let's do that. I believe people should stand for the national anthem. My father and grandfather fought in wars. Means something to me.

Goff: Racist ass motha fucka!!!! Dumb ass cracker!!!

Boomer: I guess the conversation is done.

Goff: That's right, motha fucka. But at least we had one. That's all I ask of people. Thanks for joining us, Boomer. Hey buddy, before we let you go, who do you like in the Bears game this week?

Boomer: :?

Spiegel: (Squirms in his seat but never confronts Goff for fear he to will be called a racist)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Beardown wrote:

:roll:

Says the guy who makes up annoying fake conversations in every thread.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:46 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Curious Hair wrote:
didea wrote:

Her Spin Classes would just be her in front of 30 people on bikes, cranking KD Lang music, and teaching them how to make every discussion a SJW outrage.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Beardown wrote:

:roll:

Says the guy who makes up annoying fake conversations in every thread.

Beardown: They're done to provide satire and to make points on the radio people. CSFMB loves them. They're very funny most of the time.

Ed_from_Lisle: No they're not. They suck. You suck. Fuck...now I'm in one of these fucking things. You son of a bitch. I hate you!!!!

Beardown: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:07 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
didea wrote:

Her Spin Classes would just be her in front of 30 people on bikes, cranking KD Lang music, and teaching them how to make every discussion a SJW outrage.

I was thinking abruptly shutting down 87.7 for mansplaining, or complaining about a rude person on the train who turned out to be her big discovery Kevin Matthews.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:26 am 

Godfella wrote:

Personally, sports is my escape from the over saturated 24 hour news blitzkrieg that contains politics, weather and other garbage. I'm growing exhausted hearing about who is making a political statement and how somebody is wrong or racist, blah, blah, blah.

These are probably the most socially conscious years since the early sixties. I don't mind that it leaks into all areas of life. It is a good thing for people to think of something beyond themselves. Sure some people take it on some nonsensical tangents but this is the only real way for improvement

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
Godfella wrote:

These are probably the most socially conscious years since the early sixties. I don't mind that it leaks into all areas of life. It is a good thing for people to think of something beyond themselves. Sure some people take it on some nonsensical tangents but this is the only real way for improvement

I agree. But for me I would like to limit the off topic political stuff to a segment or other small chunk on a sports based station. People know where to go for that stuff if they want it. Wall to wall is too much for me. Penn St. with Bernsie is the best example. weeks and weeks of a story not even remotely Chicago connected.