It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:01 pm 

He's really upset about Jimmy Johnson and Aikman bringing up the whole Miami trip. I had a feeling he was going to be outraged by this so I checked his Twitter feed and sure he enough, he is. I don't think it played a factor in the game but his anger about it being brought up is just as dumb. People making comments about racism under his tweets. Predictable.

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
the ghost of t-dub wrote:
He's really upset about Jimmy Johnson and Aikman bringing up the whole Miami trip. I had a feeling he was going to be outraged by this so I checked his Twitter feed and sure he enough, he is. I don't think it played a factor in the game but his anger about it being brought up is just as dumb. People making comments about racism under his tweets. Predictable.

Didn't Tony Romo catch a lot of shit a few years back jetting off to Mexico with Jessica Simpson before a game ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Yeah, it's all stupid. Given that you can't make guys practice and watch film every minute of every day between games, nor can you pack them in bubble wrap, what do people think players should do with their downtime? It's just a healthy blowing off of steam.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff is right on this one.

Michael Jordan was in Atlantic City gambling until 6 in the mourn the day of an NBA playoff game. He still went out that night and wang whipped them. Who cares what these guys did a week ago?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wait, unless Goff is making this about race. Then he's wrong. Is that what he's doing?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:34 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Goff is right on this one.

Michael Jordan was in Atlantic City gambling until 6 in the mourn the day of an NBA playoff game. He still went out that night and wang whipped them. Who cares what these guys did a week ago?

Maybe they should've flown to Green Bay and practiced catching passes in the cold. For all the bitching athletes do about the rigors of travel they should probably stay home especially the week of an away playoff game . Now they have all offnseason to party on South Beach.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:46 pm 

Early 90s Dallas Cowboys had the "White House" across from the practice facility. They didn't need to go to out of town.

Miami trip had no effect on today's game. However if you are going to go down there and publicize it on social media, be prepared for what happens when you lose.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The playoffs are a time where your focus should be entirely on your job.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
conns7901 wrote:
However if you are going to go down there and publicize it on social media, be prepared for what happens when you lose.

Which is, I think, the extent of the argument Aikman was making: going a boat trip on the off-week isn't making them drop passes, but people are going to seize on that as the reason you're dropping passes because you took the time for a publicized group photo.

Of course, people aren't interested in reality, their interest extends only far enough to see a white man [perhaps] condescending to young[er] black men, and that's all they need to cry racism and drop the mic.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Like I said, MJ was gambling in Atlantic City until 6am before a playoff game vs the Knicks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:49 pm 

Oh and Beardown, the reason the Jordan Atlantic City trips are no big deal is because he went out and delivered afterwards. Beckham was terrible today.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:49 pm 

Nas wrote:

I don't think you change anything when its playoff time. Do what you normally do that got you there.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:51 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
However if you are going to go down there and publicize it on social media, be prepared for what happens when you lose.

Which is, I think, the extent of the argument Aikman was making: going a boat trip on the off-week isn't making them drop passes, but people are going to seize on that as the reason you're dropping passes because you took the time for a publicized group photo.

Of course, people aren't interested in reality, their interest extends only far enough to see a white man [perhaps] condescending to young[er] black men, and that's all they need to cry racism and drop the mic.

Romo was roasted for what he did, especially considering they lost the game. Has nothing to do with race.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:52 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
the ghost of t-dub wrote:

Didn't Tony Romo catch a lot of shit a few years back jetting off to Mexico with Jessica Simpson before a game ?

https://www.all22.com/dallas-cowboys/co ... exico-trip

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
They partied with Bieber? That is as fucking Beta as it gets.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:00 pm 

there's gonna be one less lonely team.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:09 pm 

Huh? Do brothers false equate?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:16 am 

There just isn't enough to do in New York.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:34 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Romo was roasted for what he did, especially considering they lost the game. Has nothing to do with race.

Romo & Witten went....and Cowboys had a Bye week too. Yes, they were pretty much roasted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:

Like I said, MJ was gambling in Atlantic City until 6am before a playoff game vs the Knicks.

He also played 54 holes of golf at Turnberry before a Heat conference final game and missed 20 of his first 21 shots while they lost and took a beating for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
It's was a bad idea. Even if it was their right to do as they please on their off day. Could have waited until after season and had fun down there without catching grief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:59 am 

Forgive me yet another old guy rant. I am so glad this happened to that group of clowns, especially Beckham.

As a teammate I would have been disgusted. Pro sports is talent honed by work and routine. They didn't stick to their routine and by logical extension, couldn't have done the work. They thumbed their noses at everyone, failed and now want to play stupid. Claimed it didn't matter but dumbass number 1 was punching holes in walls and on the verge of tears when a professional team played a full game and kicked their obnoxious asses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:01 am 

If it wasn't a big deal then why don't they do it every off day?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
According to Goff, if you are critical of Beckham but like Rob Gronkowski there's "something else going on there..."

It's great that if you're critical of someone you have to find at least one person of a different race to also be critical of or else you're a RAAACIIIST.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:
According to Goff, if you are critical of Beckham but like Rob Gronkowski there's "something else going on there..."

It's great that if you're critical of someone you have to find at least one person of a different race to also be critical of or else you're a RAAACIIIST.

Yeah. He's done this a lot through the years. Goff always likes to use these white vs. black examples. The "Racism alarm" goes off in his mind way too often.

Goff: Well, if a white guy did it...

C'mon Goff, not always about race. People gave you the Romo example. Romo is as white as you can get.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:58 am 

I don't understand the parallel he's trying to draw. Context?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:05 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

One wins as a lovable goof, one doesn't. Fairly simple imo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Plus Gronk is famous for partying in the off season. This is different. I don't recall stories of Gronk traveling to a party a week before a game.

So not an equal comparison. But Goff doesn't care. He just likes to shoe horn race into things whenever he can.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Forgive me yet another old guy rant. I am so glad this happened to that group of clowns, especially Beckham.

As a teammate I would have been disgusted. Pro sports is talent honed by work and routine. They didn't stick to their routine and by logical extension, couldn't have done the work. They thumbed their noses at everyone, failed and now want to play stupid. Claimed it didn't matter but dumbass number 1 was punching holes in walls and on the verge of tears when a professional team played a full game and kicked their obnoxious asses

Why all the focus on the WRs? Why don't we fault the defense for apparently forgetting to come back from wherever they visited. This is all so silly. People who have write columns about this stuff in major outlets should be ashamed of themselves.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
He just likes to shoe horn race into things whenever he can.

Looks like you found your kindred spirit.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY