It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:18 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Forgive me yet another old guy rant. I am so glad this happened to that group of clowns, especially Beckham.

As a teammate I would have been disgusted. Pro sports is talent honed by work and routine. They didn't stick to their routine and by logical extension, couldn't have done the work. They thumbed their noses at everyone, failed and now want to play stupid. Claimed it didn't matter but dumbass number 1 was punching holes in walls and on the verge of tears when a professional team played a full game and kicked their obnoxious asses

Why all the focus on the WRs? Why don't we fault the defense for apparently forgetting to come back from wherever they visited. This is all so silly. People who have write columns about this stuff in major outlets should be ashamed of themselves.

the D was at least fantastic in the first half and played against an elite O

Offense didn't show the entire game against a depleted secondary and a middling defense

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:21 pm 

Every year we hear from every team that "everyone is playing injured at this time in the season". It would seem the best course of action for everyone if this is true would be to rest on a day off.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:25 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Forgive me yet another old guy rant. I am so glad this happened to that group of clowns, especially Beckham.

As a teammate I would have been disgusted. Pro sports is talent honed by work and routine. They didn't stick to their routine and by logical extension, couldn't have done the work. They thumbed their noses at everyone, failed and now want to play stupid. Claimed it didn't matter but dumbass number 1 was punching holes in walls and on the verge of tears when a professional team played a full game and kicked their obnoxious asses

Why all the focus on the WRs? Why don't we fault the defense for apparently forgetting to come back from wherever they visited. This is all so silly. People who have write columns about this stuff in major outlets should be ashamed of themselves.

Ask Lance Briggs or as alluded to above, Romo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:

Every once and while you are right about something here, and it should be noted.

Consider this noted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:39 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Offense didn't show the entire game against a depleted secondary and a middling defense

I don't agree that the D played "fantastic" in the first half. First of all, you don't get partial credit in sports - they lost, regardless of how they performed during parts of the game. Second of all, NYG played top 5 defense this year by only giving up around 17 points per game. They gave up 14 at half, or nearly what they allowed all game during the regular season. Then in the second half they have up 24 more points. The offense was pedestrian this year and only averaged 19. They obviously underperformed yesterday, which is never good when you're only putting up 19 a game, but the defense was the story - they utterly collapsed. All this noise about boats is bullshit. The defense choked.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:06 pm 

If it wasn't a distraction, why did they feel the need to clown around during warm ups with their shirts off. That shows, at the very least, it was drawing some of their attention away from the task at hand.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:13 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't agree that the D played "fantastic" in the first half. First of all, you don't get partial credit in sports - they lost, regardless of how they performed during parts of the game. Second of all, NYG played top 5 defense this year by only giving up around 17 points per game. They gave up 14 at half, or nearly what they allowed all game during the regular season. Then in the second half they have up 24 more points. The offense was pedestrian this year and only averaged 19. They obviously underperformed yesterday, which is never good when you're only putting up 19 a game, but the defense was the story - they utterly collapsed. All this noise about boats is bullshit. The defense choked.

and so did the WR, except for King

You don't have to attribute it to boating but you do have to recognize the existence.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'll say one thing, if Steph Curry did this, Goff would be all over his ass!!!!! It would be "Light skinned stupidity".

That Goff is something else.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
It's all ex post facto. If the Giants' defense had mashed Rodgers into a pulp, we'd be praising them for staying loose and fawning over Odell Beckham even more than we already do: the Giants receivers are boldly and fearlessly redefining what it means to prepare for sports. The whole story is stupid.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:44 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

You don't have to attribute it to boating but you do have to recognize the existence.

I'm just not sure I see it. Say we never knew about the boating thing - would you glean from the performance that specifically the NYG WRs didn't come to play? Again this is not an explosive set of players - they generated 250 YPG during the regular season, good enough for right in the middle of the league. 299 yards last night. Based on past performance alone, it is the defense - by far - that underperformed the most.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
It's all ex post facto. If the Giants' defense had mashed Rodgers into a pulp, we'd be praising them for staying loose and fawning over Odell Beckham even more than we already do: the Giants receivers are boldly and fearlessly redefining what it means to prepare for sports. The whole story is stupid.

I know. Not the point of this conversation. I agree that it's stupid that he got criticized.

What we're trying to figure out is why Goff thinks the criticism isn't not simply stupid, but about race.

What's your thoughts on that Curious Hair?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:54 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I know. Not the point of this conversation. I agree that it's stupid that he got criticized.

What we're trying to figure out is why Goff thinks the criticism isn't not simply stupid, but about race.

Denying there are racial implications in football coverage is like denying there's oxygen in air. Because you had players specifically from one of football's traditionally black positions taking this trip together, and that trip being one of a glamorous sort of conspicuous consumption (contrast with, for the sake of argument, white players taking a hunting/fishing trip, sparing no expense in doing so but ultimately having more in common with what your average NFC North fan might do on the weekend than a trip to Miami does), observers are going to be more critical -- or celebratory -- of their actions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:57 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm just not sure I see it. Say we never knew about the boating thing - would you glean from the performance that specifically the NYG WRs didn't come to play? Again this is not an explosive set of players - they generated 250 YPG during the regular season, good enough for right in the middle of the league. 299 yards last night. Based on past performance alone, it is the defense - by far - that underperformed the most.

ODB would be taking punishment if he went to church on his day off for his 28 yard performance with at least 2 drops

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:04 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Denying there are racial implications in football coverage is like denying there's oxygen in air. Because you had players specifically from one of football's traditionally black positions taking this trip together, and that trip being one of a glamorous sort of conspicuous consumption (contrast with, for the sake of argument, white players taking a hunting/fishing trip, sparing no expense in doing so but ultimately having more in common with what your average NFC North fan might do on the weekend than a trip to Miami does), observers are going to be more critical -- or celebratory -- of their actions.

Do midwestern white people go to Cabo? Are Romo & Witten White?

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/01/03/cowboys-can-learn-tony-romos-nightmare-bye-week-hint-skip-cabo-trip-dak-zeke

Romo drew massive criticism for the decision.

"You don't go to Cabo the week before a playoff game," former Cowboys QB Troy Aikman told Michael Irvin on a radio interview at the time. "You just don't do it."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:39 pm 

Do you think Romo and Witten got as much criticism (or contrarian support) as the Giants receivers did? I don't.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:
Do you think Romo and Witten got as much criticism (or contrarian support) as the Giants receivers did? I don't.

That was 8 years ago. The social media outrage machine was in its infancy.

And Obama hadn't ruined the country

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:41 pm 

Lance Briggs opening up a restaurant in California on his off day brought down an entire team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:48 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Lance Briggs opening up a restaurant in California on his off day brought down an entire team

He actually missed practice for the opening.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/bycycle/status/818258233563365378

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.