It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seriously, when did this become a thing? The only time a traveled for a bachelor party was last summer to Wisconsin, but that was to the groom's uncle's lake house so costs were reasonable.

And Kirkwood is correct. Everything he listed can be done in this city, some of which are probably done better here than Austin.

The first bachelor party in our group of friends was to Vegas. Luckily it was 4 years ago but that was even worse since Vegas is a vacuum cleaner for money.

I've noticed the larger the party (10-12+ people) the more ridiculous the location/idea as the cost for the bachelor get socialized. So the bachelor gets ridiculous ideas since he's not contributing much.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I blame shit like The Hangover for nonsense like this.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
But even that movie was just a couple hours drive to Vegas.

Maybe I'm just cut from a different cloth. Golf in the AM, party at a house or bar with entertainment in the PM was all I wanted.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
pittmike wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
a diva bachelor is far worse than a diva bachelorette.

we live in the 3rd largest city in USA and yet my buddy held his bachelor party in austin, tx.

plane ticket, house rental, catered bbq, boat rental, top golf, steakhouse outing, groceries, etc and i'm out roughly 1K.

my fault for agreeing to go. but this is a guy who had to be talked out of dis-inviting a guy from the wedding by his fiancee because he couldn't make the bachelor party...

fucking divas...

This really has gotten to be a thing. A young couple I know are getting married this fall. Ladies bachelorette trip to Chicago and guys to Vegas. It all seems a lot to ask of your people if you ask me.

Yeah, no shit. It seems awfully presumptuous to ask people to spend $1,000 to go to your party.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:49 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
But even that movie was just a couple hours drive to Vegas.

Maybe I'm just cut from a different cloth. Golf in the AM, party at a house or bar with entertainment in the PM was all I wanted.

Yeah, mine was just a bar...then burritos at like midnight. It was awesome.

Nothing wrong with dinner at a nice steakhouse and a pub crawl, either...

This out of town shit...especially at the noted pricetags, if fucking nuts.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
A bachelor party thread could have some potential... My wife and her friends flew to New Orleans for a weekend. I invited guys to play
paintball and then we had a party at a buddies house with grilling and drinking involved. Never understood the destination wedding or
the getaway bachelor party. I turned down two weddings for very close friends who got married in Jamaica and Mexico. I couldn't figure
out why I was spending thousands and use my vacation time to go to their weddings.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:52 am 

Wasn't a destination wedding how Nas wound up with his 17th kid?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Kirkwood wrote:

we live in the 3rd largest city in USA and yet my buddy held his bachelor party in austin, tx.

plane ticket, house rental, catered bbq, boat rental, top golf, steakhouse outing, groceries, etc and i'm out roughly 1K.

my fault for agreeing to go. but this is a guy who had to be talked out of dis-inviting a guy from the wedding by his fiancee because he couldn't make the bachelor party...

fucking divas...

freaking destination bachelor parties? screw that. i've ranted on here somewhere about how much i despise weddings in the first place. i was asked to be in a wedding that would take place in rivera maya a handful of years back. i told him to go pound sand. his now wife has finally gotten over it because i'm so enjoyable to be around, but she was pissed that i wouldn't shell out whatever ungodly amount of money that bs would of cost. i'm also pretty sure their marriage is failing.

my buddy just cut his wife off from weddings. he did the math, they've spent a total of 20k in the last 15 months going to weddings. like every weekend they are out of town.

i have a list of weddings i need to go to. certain people/family that i will go to their wedding and even participate if needed. that list has like 10 people on it. everyone else can go screw themselves. what a waste of a saturday.

yeah yeah yeah, i'm no fun. actually i'm a blast. everyone likes me i'll have you know.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
hnd wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

fucking divas...

freaking destination bachelor parties? screw that. i've ranted on here somewhere about how much i despise weddings in the first place. i was asked to be in a wedding that would take place in rivera maya a handful of years back. i told him to go pound sand. his now wife has finally gotten over it because i'm so enjoyable to be around, but she was pissed that i wouldn't shell out whatever ungodly amount of money that bs would of cost. i'm also pretty sure their marriage is failing.

my buddy just cut his wife off from weddings. he did the math, they've spent a total of 20k in the last 15 months going to weddings. like every weekend they are out of town.

i have a list of weddings i need to go to. certain people/family that i will go to their wedding and even participate if needed. that list has like 10 people on it. everyone else can go screw themselves. what a waste of a saturday.

yeah yeah yeah, i'm no fun. actually i'm a blast. everyone likes me i'll have you know.

Good thing he was going to the beach.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
sjboyd0137 wrote:

We've been quoting Leslie Chow all week.....

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:28 am 

denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

You are a strange little shit.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:33 am 

denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

He is the worst part of the movie.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:36 am 

Nothing against you Denis, but middle-aged men running around Vegas quoting Hangover lines...:eye:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Well I'll transfer my post to the things only I think are funny thread. I feed them cocaine and chicken.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:53 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Nothing against you Denis, but middle-aged men running around Vegas quoting Hangover lines...:eye:

Everybody in Vegas is a tourist, but some people look the part more than others.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I'm umping little league girls softball games in my hometown just to kinda get involved in Brookfield softball before my 4yo daughter starts in it. It pays $42 a game (paid every two weeks by check), whatever, not really doing it for the money. Anyway, I'm supposed to ump a game on Saturday and I get a call today (because I'm IHSA patched) offering $120 cash at the field to umpire a double header at Nazareth at the same time. I already told him what time the game I was supposed to do was, before he told me when his doubleheader was so I'd look like a jerk if I said I'd cancel my game and he'd probably never call me again if he knew I'd drop games for the highest bidder so I declined, but I still feel cheated.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:14 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
I'm umping little league girls softball games in my hometown just to kinda get involved in Brookfield softball before my 4yo daughter starts in it. It pays $42 a game (paid every two weeks by check), whatever, not really doing it for the money. Anyway, I'm supposed to ump a game on Saturday and I get a call today (because I'm IHSA patched) offering $120 cash at the field to umpire a double header at Nazareth at the same time. I already told him what time the game I was supposed to do was, before he told me when his doubleheader was so I'd look like a jerk if I said I'd cancel my game and he'd probably never call me again if he knew I'd drop games for the highest bidder so I declined, but I still feel cheated.

You did the right thing.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:28 am 
100000 CLUB

I'll show up at the lesser paying one and pose as you, KD. I promise I'll keep my clothes on.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
KDdidit wrote:

$42 for girls softball? That's nice. I used to get $26 a game for doing adult leagues and I had to deal with douchebags.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:42 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

$42 for girls softball? That's nice. I used to get $26 a game for doing adult leagues and I had to deal with douchebags.

$20 a game for little league in Arlington Heights...and I used to have to deal with the fucking parents. I'd rather deal with douchebags.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'll show up at the lesser paying one and pose as you, KD. I promise I'll keep my clothes on.

Pretty sure there is a 5 mile wide radius of all children/schools/playgrounds you need to stand clear of, FlapJacks.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:21 am 
Site Admin

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

$20 a game for little league in Arlington Heights...and I used to have to deal with the fucking parents. I'd rather deal with douchebags.

Little League parents can be bad but there's nothing worse than the asshole in a coed league who is playing like he's Pete Rose in Game 7 of a World Series.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I used to get $20 a game umping or refereeing for various age groups. Always had to laugh at the parents who got bent out of shape at grade school basketball games. They'd blow a gasket if I missed a travel call. If I'd called travel every time one occurred, the games never would have ended.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:35 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
I used to get $20 a game umping or refereeing for various age groups. Always had to laugh at the parents who got bent out of shape at grade school basketball games. They'd blow a gasket if I missed a travel call. If I'd called travel every time one occurred, the games never would have ended.

Here's one of my best ump/ref stories. At the time I attended my high school was a fucking football factory. That shit was taken seriously, like Texas seriously. One day after soccer practice I was watching the freshman team play in Horner Park. The coach was a goof named Bob Carskie. Of course our team was crushing the shit out of whoever they were playing. The game was coming down to the end and we were about to score again. They were down on the goal line with seconds left in the game. Carskie called a fucking timeout. The referee threw the flag before the the center even picked up the ball. Good for him.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Here's one of my best ump/ref stories. At the time I attended my high school was a fucking football factory. That shit was taken seriously, like Texas seriously. One day after soccer practice I was watching the freshman team play in Horner Park. The coach was a goof named Bob Carskie. Of course our team was crushing the shit out of whoever they were playing. The game was coming down to the end and we were about to score again. They were down on the goal line with seconds left in the game. Carskie called a fucking timeout. The referee threw the flag before the the center even picked up the ball. Good for him.

Absolutely. Some of these coaches and parents are psychopaths living out their egomaniacal dreams through freakin' kids. Freshmen in high school are what, 14 years old? That's real nice to shove another one down their throat just to make sure they don't forget. In the words of 312, smh.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:53 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Little League parents can be bad but there's nothing worse than the asshole in a coed league who is playing like he's Pete Rose in Game 7 of a World Series.

When I was 16 or 17, I had this manager that absolutely hated my guts. His team was awful, and there used to be a lot of called 3rd strikes against them. For the first month of the season, I always seemed to be assigned to a game of theirs every week (played 3 games a week). Anyway, the 4th week or so, he comes up to me and says, "are we gonna do this again?" I ask him what...his response, "you gonna call my kids out on strikes another 10 goddamn times?" So I asked him, "have you coached them to take the bats off their shoulders yet?" He starts sputtering and mf-ing me about how hard it is to coach a bunch of 7th and 8th graders. I say ok and tell him to get back to his bench.

His team is pitching first, so we line up to start the game. He had this kid who had a terrific arm starting the game...very accurate, threw in the 60's or low 70's...just an absolute stud arm. Kid winds up and next thing I know, I feel the sharp pain in the thigh area. I look at the catcher like, "you ok" wondering if he fainted or had a seizure or some shit, and the kid sold his coach out. The fucking asshole told the catcher (who was his kid) to dive on the first pitch to teach me a lesson.

I walk over to the bench like "what the hell". Cockstain just looked at me and goes, "I guess Matt missed". I ran his ass out of that game so fast, it wasn't funny. The coach was suspended the rest of the year, and he was done coaching because his kid aged out.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:59 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Thats crazy Boyd. I had the same thing happen to me about 12 years ago.

Kids had to be about 10 or 12. Team A was killing Team B, and Team B's manager did not like any of my calls. I had a wide plate, but it was that way for both teams so the games didn't turn into walk-a-thons. About an inning or so before the slaughter rule could be called, Team A had a runner at 3rd who came home on a wild pitch. Pitcher (who was Team B coach's son) covered home, and the Catcher's flip had the runner beat by plenty. But it was a real high flip that the pitcher had to jump for, Team A player slid to the back of the plate and wasn't tagged until after he crossed the plate with this entire body. Thus, safe.

Parents freak, manager freaks, I said there was no tag. Next pitch, the catcher took a dive, but the pitch ended up about 10' high, which allowed another run to score. The manager at this point was already walking back to his car as I gave him the heave ho. He taught his kids real well that day.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:00 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

When I was 16 or 17, I had this manager that absolutely hated my guts. His team was awful, and there used to be a lot of called 3rd strikes against them. For the first month of the season, I always seemed to be assigned to a game of theirs every week (played 3 games a week). Anyway, the 4th week or so, he comes up to me and says, "are we gonna do this again?" I ask him what...his response, "you gonna call my kids out on strikes another 10 goddamn times?" So I asked him, "have you coached them to take the bats off their shoulders yet?" He starts sputtering and mf-ing me about how hard it is to coach a bunch of 7th and 8th graders. I say ok and tell him to get back to his bench.

His team is pitching first, so we line up to start the game. He had this kid who had a terrific arm starting the game...very accurate, threw in the 60's or low 70's...just an absolute stud arm. Kid winds up and next thing I know, I feel the sharp pain in the thigh area. I look at the catcher like, "you ok" wondering if he fainted or had a seizure or some shit, and the kid sold his coach out. The fucking asshole told the catcher (who was his kid) to dive on the first pitch to teach me a lesson.

I walk over to the bench like "what the hell". Cockstain just looked at me and goes, "I guess Matt missed". I ran his ass out of that game so fast, it wasn't funny. The coach was suspended the rest of the year, and he was done coaching because his kid aged out.

:lol:

The coach is a maniac but the dedication to hating you was great.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I admire the fire and passion of that coach. Never take your eye off the ball!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:04 am 

The funny thing is that I probably had the tightest strike zone in the whole fucking league...we were supposed to call the plate, and shoulders to knees. I never called anything over the letters or the outside corner. If anything, they should have hated me for that...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 190  Next