It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:25 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
italianfemale wrote:
Let's put it this way. If it's on the Loop... I dont like it.
Im sorry to hear that!

Its nothing personal, I'm just saying there was a streak of a year where everytime I turned on the damned station, they would be playing a Rush song. I don't mind an occasional classic rock song, but I find that most people who bring up classic rock are usually still living in the past and couldn't tell you anything about music from the past five years.

i gotta call you on it cause i listen to a little classic rock but also listen to modern bands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
W_Z wrote:
the loop is for people who don't like music.

Why is that? I dont usually listen to any FM radio except for XRT, but I dont think the Loop is bad in comparison to alot of other stations out there.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
FavreFan wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Why is that? I dont usually listen to any FM radio except for XRT, but I dont think the Loop is bad in comparison to alot of other stations out there.

Yes, but that's more an indictment of the other stations than it is a compliment to the Loop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:34 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Yes, but that's more an indictment of the other stations than it is a compliment to the Loop.

Very true, but I wouldnt say the loop is for people who dont like music. Moreso that if you just listen to FM radio mainly, music isnt a top priority for you.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
FavreFan wrote:

Very true, but I wouldnt say the loop is for people who dont like music. Moreso that if you just listen to FM radio mainly, music isnt a top priority for you.

well, that's not entirely true. it could still be a top priority just within that genre.

that being said. I don't even know what my programmed FM stations are in my truck, since I never listen to FM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
buckeyejake wrote:
italianfemale wrote:
Im sorry to hear that!

Its nothing personal, I'm just saying there was a streak of a year where everytime I turned on the damned station, they would be playing a Rush song. I don't mind an occasional classic rock song, but I find that most people who bring up classic rock are usually still living in the past and couldn't tell you anything about music from the past five years.

i gotta call you on it cause i listen to a little classic rock but also listen to modern bands.

No problem, I just said most people I have talked to are that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:53 pm 

buckeyejake wrote:
italianfemale wrote:
Im sorry to hear that!

I dont think so. I think most people, especially younger people, that like classic rock tried listening to modern music, couldnt stomach it(especially modern radio music), and listened to classic rock and throughly enjoyed it.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
buckeyejake wrote:
italianfemale wrote:
Im sorry to hear that!

I dont think so. I think most people, especially younger people, that like classic rock tried listening to modern music, couldnt stomach it(especially modern radio music), and listened to classic rock and throughly enjoyed it.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:43 pm 

Lost Soul wrote:
You dudes are missing the point. Any love for any music is a love of music, see? It's the love that keeps the music alive and fresh, as anyone who grooves to an old tune breathes the life back into the music that makes it live once more. Live the love of the music, and you will always have a friend at your side! Bummed out? Let your pal Bob Dylan play some tunes just for you to cheer you up! It doesn't have to be Bob, anything will do. You get the idea, dude. Just find a groove! There is no wrong answer.
YOU GO LOST SOUL!!! thats what im talking about! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:18 am 
buckeyejake wrote:
italianfemale wrote:
Im sorry to hear that!

Please don't tell me you're one of those guys that likes a band up until they can sell out the Riv, then say they suck cause they sold out....