It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: NCAA Tourney
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's an interesting experience to watch all these upsets happen outside your teams region where you likely have to beat a 3 seed and a 1 seed whereas Michigan will seemingly coast to the title game playing no one.

Told ya you had a tough bracket lol.

Just be happy your team is still playing

Yeah he was having none of your warnings.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FrankDrebin wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
I detest Kentucky and these refs who appear to be doing everything in their power to help them out in this game.

Also where the hell did all the "Big Blue Nation" crap come from this tournament? I've heard this obnoxious nickname for their obnoxious fans more times during this tournament than I ever have in my life.

I haven't seen Ashley Judd in the stands this tournament.

she was there, white shirt, blue baseball hat..they showed her at least once.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:30 am 

pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's an interesting experience to watch all these upsets happen outside your teams region where you likely have to beat a 3 seed and a 1 seed whereas Michigan will seemingly coast to the title game playing no one.

Told ya you had a tough bracket lol.

Just be happy your team is still playing

Yeah he was having none of your warnings.

They are favored to make the Elite 8 with their most efficient offensive player out. It wasn't a tough draw.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:37 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

wow, all that bitching and whining and you didn't even mention your center's broken elbow.

Also, Michigan shitkicked you last time you played them so just be thankful you don't have to see them on your side of the bracket.

Also, Purdue had no business getting a #2 seed anyway so stop your crying and just be happy you had such an easy and undeserved road to get to the sweet 16.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

wow, all that bitching and whining and you didn't even mention your center's broken elbow.

Also, Michigan shitkicked you last time you played them so just be thankful you don't have to see them on your side of the bracket.

Also, Purdue had no business getting a #2 seed anyway so stop your crying and just be happy you had such an easy and undeserved road to get to the sweet 16.

Why did Purdue not deserve a 2 seed? Other than a bad stretch in February they were a 1 seed all season.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:49 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Why did Purdue not deserve a 2 seed? Other than a bad stretch in February they were a 1 seed all season.

They hadn't beaten a tournament team since early January and that was Michigan. They gave that win back in the confernce tournament when Michigan blew them out. Prior to that they had lost to Ohio St and MSU, the only other tournament teams they played in 2018. All of their quality wins came in 2017, similar to Oklahoma. I don't agree with the quadrant system or the committee's belief that games played in November are just as important as games played in February and March. IMO, several teams should've been seeded higher than Purdue including MSU and Michigan.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

They hadn't beaten a tournament team since early January and that was Michigan. They gave that win back in the confernce tournament when Michigan blew them out. Prior to that they had lost to Ohio St and MSU, the only other tournament teams they played in 2018. All of their quality wins came in 2017, similar to Oklahoma. I don't agree with the quadrant system or the committee's belief that games played in November are just as important as games played in February and March. IMO, several teams should've been seeded higher than Purdue including MSU and Michigan.

So because their schedule was tougher earlier? They are still playing despite losing perhaps their most important player. If they win tonight, they certainly have proven to be worthy of the seed.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:05 am 

shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So because their schedule was tougher earlier? They are still playing despite losing perhaps their most important player. If they win tonight, they certainly have proven to be worthy of the seed.

yes, they've beaten a 15 and a 10 so far. Very impressive. Tonight they play a tough team. If they win tonight they'll play an even tougher team.

Don't understand the first part of your post about the schedule being tougher earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:17 am 

shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: You seemingly think you are an expert on college basketball and yet you get so many basic things wrong that it's laugh out loud funny.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:23 am 

shakes wrote:
So a 9 point loss is a blowout? :lol:

You are just mad because you literally don't understand how the NCAA tournament works. Michigan had more bad losses, was 1-2 against Purdue, and had a worse record. They were playing well at the end but the conference tournaments are not a good indicator of NCAAT success(see the list of conference champs that are already out).

Who knows what is going to happen today but Purdue is favored to make the Elite 8 without one of the most efficient players in college basketball and a guy the whole offense was literally built around. I can't imagine what you think about other teams you said were clearly better than them like UNC and Cincinnatti if you don't think Purdue has justified their seed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:25 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: You seemingly think you are an expert on college basketball and yet you get so many basic things wrong that it's laugh out loud funny.

I am an expert on college basketball and nothing I said was wrong. So :lol: back at you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
So a 9 point loss is a blowout? :lol:

You are just mad because you literally don't understand how the NCAA tournament works. Michigan had more bad losses, was 1-2 against Purdue, and had a worse record. They were playing well at the end but the conference tournaments are not a good indicator of NCAAT success(see the list of conference champs that are already out).

Who knows what is going to happen today but Purdue is favored to make the Elite 8 without one of the most efficient players in college basketball and a guy the whole offense was literally built around. I can't imagine what you think about other teams you said were clearly better than them like UNC and Cincinnatti if you don't think Purdue has justified their seed.

I literally do understand how the selection committee works as I clearly said above. I literally said I don't agree with their process.

Never said UNC or Cincy were clearly better than Purdue either.

Get your facts straight Gramps, the old Brick didn't fuck up basic facts like this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:38 am 

shakes wrote:
I literally do understand how the selection committee works as I clearly said above. I literally said I don't agree with their process.

Never said UNC or Cincy were clearly better than Purdue either.

Get your facts straight Gramps, the old Brick didn't fuck up basic facts like this.

shakes wrote:
So you have the big 10 regular season champ, a team that beat Purdue, as a #3 seed behind Purdue? Not gonna happen. MSU is definitely ahead of Purdue right now. Same with Duke and Cincy. that leaves Purdue as the last ranked #2 seed right now.

Texas Tech having 8 losses won't be an issue considering they play in the toughest conference in the country. Also, they played the past couple weeks without their all american candidate Evans. He's back now and looked good in his last game.

Then there's UNC. If they beat Duke in the tourney I can see them leaping over Purdue as well, even if they don't beat UVA in the same tourney.

UNC didn't beat Duke in the tournament but they actually were ahead of Purdue and deservingly so.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Horrible pass by Kansas from out of bounds

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 pm 

Looks like Kansas is advancing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 pm 

West Virginia up 2 with 10 mins left

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
FrankDrebin wrote:
West Virginia up 2 with 10 mins left

Wish I could have seen that game. The Big 12 was fun this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 pm 

Can these white centers from Purdue stop falling on their elbows?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:14 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Can these white centers from Purdue stop falling on their elbows?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Coach K is a tool.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:51 pm 

Someone check on BRick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FrankDrebin wrote:
Someone check on BRick

Yeah; what the hell is this hot gah-bidge anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:12 pm 

Good effort by Syracuse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:25 pm 

Well at least my Championship game teams are still alive.

My condolences BRick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:27 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Someone check on BRick

Eh. Losing Haas was too much. It sucks but what can.you do?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Someone check on BRick

Move.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Someone check on BRick

Yeah, I was pulling for them as well as Michigan for a Big 10 finals. Are a lot of these guys returning?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:05 am 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Someone check on BRick

Yeah, I was pulling for them as well as Michigan for a Big 10 finals. Are a lot of these guys returning?

Nope. 4 seniors.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:32 am 

According to the directv guide, the Loyola game is on TBS and not channel 2. You'd think that the PD would fight to get them over the air locally.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:52 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
According to the directv guide, the Loyola game is on TBS and not channel 2. You'd think that the PD would fight to get them over the air locally.

Today's games are on TBS, tomorrow's games are on CBS. All games are being aired locally. Only homeless people don't have TBS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next