It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
IN DUE TIME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Obviously Goff doesnt understand this but sorry bruh, Dan Bernstein doesnt owe you a fucking thing. As good dolphin has alluded to many times, Bernstein has said he feels no need to mentor or provide opportunities for people whom he's worked with. why is he surprised by anything Lil Danny may have done to save own ass?

Agreed.

But Goff has always been a naive sucker.

But in his defense, The SCORE is all he's known his entire life. Calling as a kid, and he got to work there at 19.

Goff loved Dan Bernstein. He never realized that Dan Bernstein never loved him. Hell, he never realized Dan Bernstein was a racist for the love of God.

Goff thought of Bernstein as his daddy. Or at least a cool ass cracker Uncle.

In the end, Bernstein "wang-whipped" Goff. Granted, if the Jewish stereo type is true, it didn't physically hurt Goff that much. But emotionally this "wang-whipping" has crushed Goff.

Once again, this is sad. But I warned Goff a long time ago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Curious Hair wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Will Goff ever learn that airing this stuff publicly isn't great for future career opportunities?

Jason is a messy bitch who loves drama. Maybe he should have been Mac's partner.

I always got the feeling that Goffer liked dudes.

He gushed about guys being good-looking an awful lot.

Maybe he should give San Francisco a try for a fresh start.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
HawaiiYou wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Obviously Goff doesnt understand this but sorry bruh, Dan Bernstein doesnt owe you a fucking thing. As good dolphin has alluded to many times, Bernstein has said he feels no need to mentor or provide opportunities for people whom he's worked with. why is he surprised by anything Lil Danny may have done to save own ass?

Yup. There is no such thing as friends at work. If someone says they're your friend at work, they're fucking with you. Goff probably just realized this now and he's treating it like if it was a real friend from life that screwed him over. nope, just another guy at the office you work with looking out for himself and would throw you under the bus if it benefited him no remorse.

The Jewish guy I worked for out of college was very similar. Not sentimental at all to any gentiles, no matter how much seniority or loyalty they showed, . . . but other Jewish people got the A-1 Pimpdaddy treatment, no doubt. lol I remember when I finally negotiated health insurance out of him - he seriously was acting as if I was stealing from his family!

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

So Goff got fired. Took working at the SCORE off his twitter profile. Then put it back up a week later. Now him working at the SCORE is no longer on his profile again.

So he was told he's gone for good. He's not getting the Spiegel path.

Why?

Because he's black. Fuck you DeCastro!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Panther pislA wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Yup. There is no such thing as friends at work. If someone says they're your friend at work, they're fucking with you. Goff probably just realized this now and he's treating it like if it was a real friend from life that screwed him over. nope, just another guy at the office you work with looking out for himself and would throw you under the bus if it benefited him no remorse.

The Jewish guy I worked for out of college was very similar. Not sentimental at all to any gentiles, no matter how much seniority or loyalty they showed, . . . but other Jewish people got the A-1 Pimpdaddy treatment, no doubt. lol I remember when I finally negotiated health insurance out of him - he seriously was acting as if I was stealing from his family!

Hey man, just to set the record straight, we self hating jews are not like that. Regular Jews......wel.......the jury's out on that one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:08 am 

Beardown wrote:
So Goff got fired. Took working at the SCORE off his twitter profile. Then put it back up a week later. Now him working at the SCORE is no longer on his profile again.

Why?

The way you show it, it adds up to racism but do you really think DeCastro is racist? Maybe it's just that Goff sucked, and Bernstein pretty much threw him under the bus. If there is racism, maybe it's more institutionalized racism as that's how the radio business is sadly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:13 am 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Why?

The way you show it, it adds up to racism but do you really think DeCastro is racist? Maybe it's just that Goff sucked, and Bernstein pretty much threw him under the bus. If there is racism, maybe it's more institutionalized racism as that's how the radio business is sadly.

Goff sucked and DeCastro is racist.

Both can be true.

And Bernstein tossed Goff under the bus.

That's why I want Goff to be hired again and properly fired by another boss. A non racist boss. I want it done right.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:32 am 

As I said before Goff would be the toast of the town in L.A. His 'more than sports' talk would work out there as a lot of AA tune into sports radio in that market and hardly talk anything else than sports. But he could single handly change that.

Match him up with Keyshawn Johnson who does the morning drive for ESPN's LA affiliate and he would shine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:08 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
His future is doing one of those podcasts that say they're about the NBA but are really about the culture war. I think terrestrial is out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:20 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Who would have ever guessed that HawaiiYou is “really smart”?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:27 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Is it this one?

Quote:
Say Bruh Metrics

@Jason1Goff
Follow Follow @Jason1Goff
More
Something is bothering me and in due time I will get it off my chest. I will however not mess up any of the new checks to correct dishonorable behavior. Just know when you move with or without integrity people take notice.

8:17 PM - 5 Apr 2018

EDIT:

Quote:
Darren M Edmark

@EdmarkDarren
55m55 minutes ago
More
Replying to @Jason1Goff
Did Dan do you dirty? It doesn’t look like you are following him anymore

OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS HOT GOSSIP

Is anyone surprised Goff can't look himself in the mirror and see he messed up?

Goff playing the role of angry black man is not hot gossip. Would expect nothing less from him. My mid day drive home has been enjoyable since Goff AND Bernstein left it. Thanks Mitch!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Juiced wrote:

Is anyone surprised Goff can't look himself in the mirror and see he messed up?

Goff playing the role of angry black man is not hot gossip. Would expect nothing less from him. My mid day drive home has been enjoyable since Goff AND Bernstein left it. Thanks Mitch!

After reading this post I was just going to post the same thing. It shouldn't surprise anyone if Goff blames race for his firing since he has made it very clear that he sees race in everything.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am 

I don't get it, so is "not following someone" a big deal? Is that like "throwing shade" at someone...?

I'm just a simple caveman, I don't understand your Tweeter Machines and they are to complex, and frighten me...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:43 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Sarge wrote:
I don't get it, so is "not following someone" a big deal? Is that like "throwing shade" at someone...?

I'm just a simple caveman, I don't understand your Tweeter Machines and they are to complex, and frighten me...

It's like when you date someone for a long time, break up and unfriend them on Facebook. Everybody wants to do that but most don't actually do it lest they look small. So now you have to watch your ex rollicking on the beach with Connor McDoink.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Sarge wrote:

It's like when you date someone for a long time, break up and unfriend them on Facebook. Everybody wants to do that but most don't actually do it lest they look small. So now you have to watch your ex rollicking on the beach with Connor McDoink.

I just threw up in my mouth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
How stupid can he be? He seems to have an inability to learn from anything. I don't think it's the wrong market either. If you failed here and Georgia why would you succeed in LA?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Sarge wrote:

Poor analogy. Bernstein has stated many times on air that he is afraid of the sun. He would never be found at a beach.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i think we are getting a little bit of probably some of the reasons why Goff is not on the air any longer.

I don't think bernsie has to blame anyone. i think his previous success with B&B does all the speaking for him. The only difference for me that would make Dan in any way culpable is if he fought to have Goff as his guy. Which i think Dan is smart enough to never put himself in that position.

Goff should have been around enough to know how the sausage is being made. to have him act like this is a large sign of immaturity, or just lashing out due to being openly and publiclly being admonished and replaced.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Goff when right up to that big devil bossman and said "Pay me in Paper"..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Sarge wrote:

I just threw up in my mouth.

Out of excitement, no doubt.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:40 am 
Jason got Terry's spot because Dan wanted Jason to have Terry's spot.

I like Jay as a guy, but when he came back fro ATL he wasn't himself at all. He embraced the Bernsie and became a know it all bag who thought social issues were more important than the topics he was paid to discuss. Add in a little it of Larry that EVERYTHING is about race (yes, we know some things are) and that was the final nail. Fun producer/ Last Call Jason would have done just fine. This Jason wasn't going to succeed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Baby McNown wrote:

I like Jay as a guy, but when he came back fro ATL he wasn't himself at all. He embraced the Bernsie and became a know it all bag who thought social issues were more important than the topics he was paid to discuss. Add in a little it of Larry that EVERYTHING is about race (yes, we know some things are) and that was the final nail. Fun producer/ Last Call Jason would have done just fine. This Jason wasn't going to succeed.

Spot on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:49 am 

Baby McNown wrote:

This guy gets it.

It's a shame too as he doesn't seem to get the lesson.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:06 am 

Baby McNown wrote:

The irony is that if you told this to Jason, he'd probably say "no no no, you can't tell me what to talk about and expect me to be good, I gotta be me." But you're not being you! You're actively trying to be what Ralph Nas would have been if he had lived long enough for Twitter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Baby McNown wrote:

Great post today.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:15 am 

That reminds me: "this has a lot to do with race" was a Leery meme here for a loooooong time, but he more or less got away from that and left it to Jason, who turned it into "this has everything to do with race."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:25 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

The irony is that if you told this to Jason, he'd probably say "no no no, you can't tell me what to talk about and expect me to be good, I gotta be me." But you're not being you! You're actively trying to be what Ralph Nas would have been if he had lived long enough for Twitter.

I think this is where Jason's lack of formal training really did him in. The balance between doing your job for your audience and doing your job for yourself has to be one of the biggest basics of journalism school.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Baby McNown wrote:

Whether or not this is close to be true or Mitch wanted it , it’s weird the faction that is mad that Mac is back or that McDoink is deCastros guy and doesn’t deserve the spot ( which I agree with ). How is that any different than Goff being gifted afternoon drive by whatever powers that be gave it to him? It certainly wasn’t based on merit .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Didn't WSCR have to go hat-in-hand to NY/CBS Radio and request special dispensation to put Goff back on the air after his dismissal down south. Seem to recall him visiting the Score studios and not being allowed in the booth/on-the-air, as even a guest, immediately after whatever went down in Atlanta happened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next