It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:35 pm 
He was out yesterady and is out again today.

WTF? He's gone more than Dan Patrick. The show not a good listen without him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:39 pm 
Some one said it best in another thread. Mac sure does take full advantage of all of his sick days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:04 pm 
Two things are very apparent about Mac

1. He will use every one of his sick days before the year is out

2. He will spend every last penny on his ESPN alotted expense allowance on road trips. If there is 25 cents left he will by a pack of gum at the airport and ask for the receipt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:44 pm 
Mac is a p*ssy. He heard there was going to be snow Friday so he took that day off too cause he didnt want to drive back to Indiana under bad weather.

Mac with his big paycheck has become a prissy coward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:51 pm 
That fat Irish bastard is the one who always talks about commitment to excellence. I think he's getting too comfortable. He's got the trophy wife. The 600,000 thousand dollar deal.

I've noticed lately that he just recites the same old story and the show is lacking originality. There just going through the motions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:40 pm 
Mac's Jack over ice wrote:
That fat Irish bastard is the one who always talks about commitment to excellence. I think he's getting too comfortable. He's got the trophy wife. The 600,000 thousand dollar deal.

I've noticed lately that he just recites the same old story and the show is lacking originality. There just going through the motions.

Good points. Mac is living the good life and has lost his edge. I miss the real Mac that would go off on a caller cause he thought going to see the Sox with his 5 kids at the New Comiskey was too expensive. I miss the real Mac that had a good work ethic and was fighting to become number one in the ratings and wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

Sadly, Mac has become Chet Coppock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:18 am 

Mac is a hard working guy. I don't begrudge anyone from using defined sick days. However, for all the heavy lifting Mac is required to do on that show and with the results that he gets, he has earned those days.

I do question the timing of some of his day off choices in the past six months but using them is not a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:05 am 
Thanks for having my back, GD. My co-workers will ridicule me for responding, but for the second time, this board as struck a nerve and some of you need some enlightenment.
The first response was regarding my absence following Game 4 of the WS. I was sincere in my apology and I promise you I still regret it, but that horse has left the barn and I can't bring it back.

1. Work ethic. Quick, tell me which host in town has spent the most time training and nurturing his production staff or working in concert with the sales department? It's the same one who is the only host who arrives at the station an average of three hours before his air shift begins. My show is in the front of my mind - not the back - 24/7.

2. Travel budget. I'm paying for the trip to Hawaii to reward four very skilled and dedicated teammates. I also pay for a percentage of our expensive meals/bar bills when we travel to keep corporate off our backs. Suggesting I milk the travel budget for every dime is the dumbest thing I've read on this board and that's a statement.

3. Vacation and sick days. I get five weeks vacation a year, five sick days and five personal days. The next time I use all of those days in ANY category will be the first time. If you're envious because you only get two weeks, I can't help you. Come work with me, and maybe you'll earn a working vacation in Hawaii.

4. Trophy wife. I'm flattered if you think she's pretty. She is, but I need to inform you she loved me when I only was earning 300K a year.

Keep the posts coming; they're very entertaining. I'm a lot of things - impatient, insensitive, a bully, stubborn, sometimes selfish - I grant you all of that, but one thing I've never been and never will be is a mail-it-in, check-cashing, pussy. My record speaks for itself. Thanks for listening, and for entertaining me as much as my gang of bandits and I entertain you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
and there you go....from the man himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Keep the posts coming; they're very entertaining. I'm a lot of things - impatient, insensitive, a bully, stubborn, sometimes selfish - I grant you all of that, but one thing I've never been and never will be is a mail-it-in, check-cashing, pussy. My record speaks for itself. Thanks for listening, and for entertaining me as much as my gang of bandits and I entertain you.[/quote]

He is definitely all of that. But he is also the most down to earth and truly sincere host that I ever worked with in sportsradio.

I haven't checked the board for a while, and I'm sorry to see people ripping on Mac for sick days.

No one else even comes close to his dedication to excellence on a daily basis.

None of what Mac does, was ever an act. Ever. His success is based upon his sincerity and work ethic. He is the only host of many who truly understood that his success was based upon his fans listening. I didn't always agree with him, and that didn't matter.

I knew that nothing that he did was done for show, it was always real. Continued success Mac, you deserve it for your upfront ways and hard work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
Mac wrote:
I need to inform you she loved me when I only was earning 300K a year.

I HOPE that's sarcastic.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
Thanks for having my back, GD. My co-workers will ridicule me for responding, but for the second time, this board as struck a nerve and some of you need some enlightenment.
The first response was regarding my absence following Game 4 of the WS. I was sincere in my apology and I promise you I still regret it, but that horse has left the barn and I can't bring it back.

1. Work ethic. Quick, tell me which host in town has spent the most time training and nurturing his production staff or working in concert with the sales department? It's the same one who is the only host who arrives at the station an average of three hours before his air shift begins. My show is in the front of my mind - not the back - 24/7.

2. Travel budget. I'm paying for the trip to Hawaii to reward four very skilled and dedicated teammates. I also pay for a percentage of our expensive meals/bar bills when we travel to keep corporate off our backs. Suggesting I milk the travel budget for every dime is the dumbest thing I've read on this board and that's a statement.

3. Vacation and sick days. I get five weeks vacation a year, five sick days and five personal days. The next time I use all of those days in ANY category will be the first time. If you're envious because you only get two weeks, I can't help you. Come work with me, and maybe you'll earn a working vacation in Hawaii.

4. Trophy wife. I'm flattered if you think she's pretty. She is, but I need to inform you she loved me when I only was earning 300K a year.

Keep the posts coming; they're very entertaining. I'm a lot of things - impatient, insensitive, a bully, stubborn, sometimes selfish - I grant you all of that, but one thing I've never been and never will be is a mail-it-in, check-cashing, pussy. My record speaks for itself. Thanks for listening, and for entertaining me as much as my gang of bandits and I entertain you.

anyway to verify that this is Danny Mac ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Good to see you checking in Mac. Don't let the bastards get you down. For anyone to question Mac's work ethic, when you have a slug like North in town polluting the airwaves with misinformation, is just rediculous. At least he doesn't come on here and offer spin and excuses like some others in the biz (Rock, OG).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:07 pm 
Mac wrote:
I'm a lot of things - impatient, insensitive, a bully, stubborn, sometimes selfish - I grant you all of that

Man, you're quite a jerk! Just kidding, thanks for chatting with us fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Calling McNeil lazy and complacent is certainly unwarranted. The production is excellent, the content is comprehensive (most of the time.) The amount of sports info in Mac's head is sickening. Gives me an impression that he spent his entire life in a TV room with a bunch of screens hooked up to show every single game played.

My only knock on the show is that it's just too scripted, planned, timed, and rehearsed. I have to say, from listening to MJH regularly since the first days MVP streamed (crapfests like The Wiseguys and the Dick Telander Show featuring angry Hood and napping Buffone helped a great deal) I went back to SCR as soon as B&B went to afternoons.

Just an opinion, Mac. The Good Kid and Tiny bring the show down by playing their "roles." This whole image they are trying to portray is tiring. The segment titles are watered down. "Thumbs up, thums down?" WTF, Mac, is this a sports talk show or a Siskel and Ebert on sports? I get it, you're on the top of the ratings and inclined to do everything the same way that got you there which is fine. Just offering my thoughts as a long time full time sports radio listener hoping to have choices in compelling sports talk radio programming.

Post subject: Pappy puts in the effort
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:52 pm 
A7X wrote:
For anyone to question Mac's work ethic, when you have a slug like North in town polluting the airwaves with misinformation, is just rediculous.

Hey, North puts in the effort. Heck he listens to O'Reilly & Hannity every night! This is why he is so in tune with the pulse of America. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Mac wrote:
I need to inform you she loved me when I only was earning 300K a year.

Stink wrote:
I HOPE that's sarcastic.

Okay, I'm breaking out the violin. By a show of hands, should the next diddy be dedicated to Mac or Crede?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
taa wrote:
Calling McNeil lazy and complacent is certainly unwarranted. The production is excellent, the content is comprehensive (most of the time.) The amount of sports info in Mac's head is sickening. Gives me an impression that he spent his entire life in a TV room with a bunch of screens hooked up to show every single game played.

My only knock on the show is that it's just too scripted, planned, timed, and rehearsed. I have to say, from listening to MJH regularly since the first days MVP streamed (crapfests like The Wiseguys and the Dick Telander Show featuring angry Hood and napping Buffone helped a great deal) I went back to SCR as soon as B&B went to afternoons.

Just an opinion, Mac. The Good Kid and Tiny bring the show down by playing their "roles." This whole image they are trying to portray is tiring. The segment titles are watered down. "Thumbs up, thums down?" WTF, Mac, is this a sports talk show or a Siskel and Ebert on sports? I get it, you're on the top of the ratings and inclined to do everything the same way that got you there which is fine. Just offering my thoughts as a long time full time sports radio listener hoping to have choices in compelling sports talk radio programming.

I feel like I'm doing my best Huebner impersonation, but excellent post all around, taa. And I say that because it's pretty much in agreement with my opinions that I've espoused from my first posts here. :D

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:01 pm 

Mac wrote:
Thanks for having my back, GD. My co-workers will ridicule me for responding, .

I don't know why they would ridicule you for posting/responding. The OG has created a cult following for himself here. The Harry and Spike show could have used some of the publicity garnered by THE OG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Harry & Spike show. Oh man, I'd have to go Elvis P on my radio, if they ever aired that shit again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

First Coast2Coast and now "Dangerous" Danny Mac? I love it.

Danny buddy! For one- Its only Sports!

And two- You make good money talkin about something we'd all give our left nut to do.

Enjoy it while it lasts because it wont. You have my ears when I listen but please put it in perspective. Its not l ife and death. Call in sick! Who cares. Just continue to TRY and be passionate. It sure is phony when its not passionate or done with stupidity and lack of preperation (*see WSCR). Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Does this "Trophy Wife" qualify for the SPORTS BABES section of this site?

Make it happen Danny Mac. Get some pictures for the horndogs here!

By the way.....How did you survive on 300k ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:28 pm 
The "Did Mac Pull a Vaginal Muscle" line was stolen from a call or fax longtime WSCR contributor "The Worm" made many moons ago inquiring about a Mac absence.

The main reason it bugs me when Mac misses a day is because the show suffers so much because of it. In fact, it suffers so much that I don't even listen. Harry is BARELY tolerable when Mac is there, and even worse when he isn't. Harry should give Mac 50% of his paycheck every two weeks for carrying his pitiful ass and giving him a steady job for the last 4 years. IIRC, Harry's previous shows have been yanked in short order. Jurko is ok, and I don't know if it's an act or not, but his stumbling, bumbling, dumb guy bit is tiring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
go here: http://images.radcity.net/5176/1201716.swf
then click number 4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:03 pm 
She's pretty.

Is she quite a bit younger than Mac?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:04 pm 
I would hope the show suffers when the $600,000 guy isn't there. I think JD is a stud, but come on, he's not Mac. And how is supposed to be Mac? There is only one McNeil, and I love the fact he posts on this board. Keep it up Mac!

Also, Jurko is fun! I enjoy his personality, he seems really laid back. Harry, is..well, Harry. You know what you're gonna get. Still, MJH is the best show in the city, HANDS DOWN!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:32 pm 
I loved Mac when he was making 60K !!

slapshot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:48 pm 

Some things you know, some things you....

1. If a person is sick, they're sick; regardless of what may be happening on that day. As Doug pointed out, Mac mentioned on Wed. last that he was not feeling well.

2. As GD states, one is entitled to take their allotted time off.

3. I am disappointed when I tune in and Mac or Jurko is off. When Harry is off, it's like having a great bottle of wine, a really good steak, and the asparagus is a little overcooked. The overall meal is just a tad disappointing. (Fatha, is that a great metaphor or what?)

4. I have wood because Mac read my e-mail today.

5. This is still the best sports talk show in town, hands down. Did I mention I have wood because Mac read my e-mail today?

6. Seattle will blow the Steelers out.

7. We all take this, sports in general, and sports talk in particular, a bit too seriously! That said, more power to us!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:01 pm 

Forgot to add:

8. Mac is more over-married than I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Apparently Rusty Jones worked out the kinks in Mackey's outer labia and he's rockin' and rollin' again today!

Let's hear it for Rusty Jones!!!!