It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beardown wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I guess the only issue with some is that it was re gifted. So if nobody knew Parkins got this from Kap's show, it's cool? That doesn't make sense.

Like I said, doesn't matter how he got it. He gave Spiegel a $200 dinner. I don't think that's horrible.

Yes, it really is that simple. A $200 gift card to a fine dining establishment makes a perfectly fine gift, especially if you insist on considering it was Spiegel's third marriage. Passing through gift cards one got as a free bonus for work they did which benefited them in other ways (as Spiegel said: Raising one's profile) is trashy shit.

What if that show actually paid guests $200 for an appearance in cash. And Parkins just cut Spiegel a $200 check for his wedding?

Could it then be said that he just gave him his "Show money" and thus would be "low class"?

Jesus fucking Christ, really? Is it really this hard for you to understand? Don't. Re. Gift. Shit.

The only thing that Parkins could do in your scenario to be classless is to endorse his paycheck (PAYCHECK you fucking clown!) for the gig to Spiegel.

Though I can't say I'm surprised you need to have being a social human explained to you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I guess the only issue with some is that it was re gifted. So if nobody knew Parkins got this from Kap's show, it's cool? That doesn't make sense.

Like I said, doesn't matter how he got it. He gave Spiegel a $200 dinner. I don't think that's horrible.

Yes, it really is that simple. A $200 gift card to a fine dining establishment makes a perfectly fine gift, especially if you insist on considering it was Spiegel's third marriage. Passing through gift cards one got as a free bonus for work they did which benefited them in other ways (as Spiegel said: Raising one's profile) is trashy shit.

What if that show actually paid guests $200 for an appearance in cash. And Parkins just cut Spiegel a $200 check for his wedding?

Could it then be said that he just gave him his "Show money" and thus would be "low class"?

Jesus fucking Christ, really? Is it really this hard for you to understand? Don't. Re. Gift. Shit.

The only thing that Parkins could do in your scenario to be classless is to endorse his paycheck (PAYCHECK you fucking clown!) for the gig to Spiegel.

Though I can't say I'm surprised you need to have being a social human explained to you.

I do understand. But it's fucking Spiegel on his 3rd marriage and he's not family. So he should eat his crab legs, be grateful and shut the hell up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Again, whatever your thoughts on regifting are (mine: you shouldn't but if money's tight and you have unopened stuff for some reason, it's better than nothing), the thing that's so egregious is that with 99.999% of all known goods and services, he could have gotten away with it! But by giving the same Joe's Crab Shack gift cards they both got for doing the Kaplan show, it's basically saying "here's some free shit we used to get, guess you need them more than I do now." In context, it's tacky.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:12 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Yep, way tacky.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Whoever posted a similar thought earlier had it right. Spiegs is a touchy feely guy. He knows where the Joe's things comes from. He is not mad about $200. You probably could have thoughtfully custom made just a card with true sentiments and he would have been more happy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Wow.

Regifting (especially something you know Speigs gets from Kaplan as well) is incredibly tacky and low class.

Like mike said, give a heartfelt card and it's better than this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:06 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Again, whatever your thoughts on regifting are (mine: you shouldn't but if money's tight and you have unopened stuff for some reason, it's better than nothing), the thing that's so egregious is that with 99.999% of all known goods and services, he could have gotten away with it! But by giving the same Joe's Crab Shack gift cards they both got for doing the Kaplan show, it's basically saying "here's some free shit we used to get, guess you need them more than I do now." In context, it's tacky.

That's true but it is still basically money. It's like if you got 200 in cash as a bonus from your boss and gave it to your coworker as a gift.

The problem with regifts are that it's trash you don't want. It's hard to do that with gift cards unless it's an Applebees one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
You guys are a bunch of pussies, if someone gives ya something..be thankful, who gives a shit where the got it from.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:11 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

That's true but it is still basically money. It's like if you got 200 in cash as a bonus from your boss and gave it to your coworker as a gift.

The problem with regifts are that it's trash you don't want. It's hard to do that with gift cards unless it's an Applebees one.

I bet none of these Caller Bobs would complain if their cousin won a boat on wheel of fortune and gave it them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:22 am 

312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I bet none of these Caller Bobs would complain if their cousin won a boat on wheel of fortune and gave it them.

Yup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Curious Hair wrote:

Was it Joe’s Crab Shack or Joe’s Prime Seafood, Steak and Stone Crab? I assumed it was the latter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Beardown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I've never done it but is a gift card really a regift? It's basically cash.

A handful of gift cards you got from not buying them with your disposable income? Yes, it is.

So what? The point is Danny had something worth $200 in value and gave it to Spiegel. So he's down $200. Doesn't matter how he got it in the first place.

And once again, this wasn't Danny's brother. It's fucking Spiegel at his 3rd damn wedding. Give Danny a break. I find nothing wrong with this.

Nothing wrong at all. They aren't $200 gift cards to Olive Garden. Parkins gifted Spiegel a very nice dinner. Joe's Stone Crab isn't a cheap night out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
In addition to the tackiness.. assuming parkins and his wife went to the wedding, is $100 per person the new bare minimum gifting level....? It was kinda funny listening to him rationlize the gift on air... he was convinced it was a great gift, but finally3 acknowledged it could be percieved poorly. personally i dont think it's that great a gift... especially for a wedding.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:45 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Right!

By Spiegel not registering he's basically saying he wants cash. That's bad form in itself. He was trying to goad people, that he doesn't know or really like, into giving him large, or larger than he should expect, amounts of cash. I don't think so.

Here's a coke and a smile. Now shut the fuck up.

Except Spiegel said he would have found a gift half of the value that Parkins gave him, but in another form, more thoughtful and grown up. It's about how classless it is to re-gift. That is all. Not the number of marriages, not the meager monetary value.

Thoughtful????

It's a wedding. A registry is provided so guests do not have to think. Spiegel at least had the dignity to not create a registry. He should be happy he received anything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 am 

billypootons wrote:
In addition to the tackiness.. assuming parkins and his wife went to the wedding, is $100 per person the new bare minimum gifting level....? It was kinda funny listening to him rationlize the gift on air... he was convinced it was a great gift, but finally3 acknowledged it could be percieved poorly. personally i dont think it's that great a gift... especially for a wedding.
It looks like the "reception" was going to a Cubs game afterwards.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:47 am 

So Parkins smokes weed, loves the Cubs, the Wire, and Gang Starr?

Fuckin loser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:48 am 

Can't do it is a great segment and Spiegel calling in was great. You can hear the contempt in his voice he has for Parkins in general.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:50 am 

Beardown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

A handful of gift cards you got from not buying them with your disposable income? Yes, it is.

So what? The point is Danny had something worth $200 in value and gave it to Spiegel. So he's down $200. Doesn't matter how he got it in the first place.

And once again, this wasn't Danny's brother. It's fucking Spiegel at his 3rd damn wedding. Give Danny a break. I find nothing wrong with this.

Cheap as fuck.

I mean fuck Spiegel and dont even go to the wedding, but if you do, just put some cash in there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:51 am 

It would be a good gift from a 23 year old kid not yet established.

Assuming Parkins makes at least 70k per year (guessing more, but at minimum)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:52 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Cheap as fuck.

I mean fuck Spiegel and dont even go to the wedding, but if you do, just put some cash in there.

Wtf..the guy is 320 lbs..he received 200$ worth of quality food.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:54 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Nothing wrong at all. They aren't $200 gift cards to Olive Garden. Parkins gifted Spiegel a very nice dinner. Joe's Stone Crab isn't a cheap night out.

I remember the scene in Goodfellas when one of the wise guys handed Karen an envelope overflowing with gift cards

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:56 am 

312player wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Cheap as fuck.

Sounds like the LAST thing he needs.

Parkins probably makes $200 per hour of being on air. Just put cash in there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:58 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
312player wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Cheap as fuck.

Sounds like the LAST thing he needs.

Parkins probably makes $200 per hour of being on air. Just put cash in there.

bullshit. spiegel didn't get to 350 by not ordering a seafood tower for 1 as an app. he's pissy just to be pissy. he definitely already has made a reservation to use the gift cards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Even if you consider what Parkins did to be "cheap," think about if it were your own (3rd) wedding... would you really care enough to even think twice about it? What kind of petty person must you be to care about such things? The gift was still worth $200, anyway... that's more than most people give at weddings. These "rules" that are being cited remind me of my mother-in-law and her catty friends sitting around and bitching about how cheap everyone else is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Kirkwood wrote:
bullshit. spiegel didn't get to 350 by not ordering a seafood tower for 1 as an app. he's pissy just to be pissy. he definitely already has made a reservation to use the gift cards

That's what my guy says too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:04 am 

MANY cheap fucks outing themselves in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
312player wrote:
You guys are a bunch of pussies, if someone gives ya something..be thankful, who gives a shit where he got it from.

Butch wrote:
The smell goes away eventually

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:06 am 

Spiegel being Spiegel has nothing to do with this unless the gift was a purposeful fuck you. Then, well done.

As a wedding gift, a gift card is trash.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:06 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
billypootons wrote:
It looks like the "reception" was going to a Cubs game afterwards.

So then can we assume that Spiegs used a radio connection to get the box he rented out for that? I seem to recall Parkins mentioned it was a box if not suite set up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:07 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Spiegel being Spiegel has nothing to do with this unless the gift was a purposeful fuck you. Then, well done.

As a wedding gift, a gift card is trash.

And a regifted gift card is even lower.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next