It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Chicago weather is fucking insane. Was trying to make plans for the weekend and I see it goes from 90 degrees on Thursday to 59 on Friday. Rain doesn't explain the dramatic drop in temperature.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Nas wrote:
Chicago weather is fucking insane. Was trying to make plans for the weekend and I see it goes from 90 degrees on Thursday to 59 on Friday. Rain doesn't explain the dramatic drop in temperature.

Yeah, I was complaining to my wife about the wild day-to-days swings and she said there was always weather like that. I don't ever remember so many 30 degree single day swings as there seem to be now. I was in Boston over the weekend and it was 85 on Saturday. I went to the Red Sox game on Sunday and it was high 40s.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Nas wrote:

Traverse City had a high of 95 on Tuesday and will be 57 on Friday.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
My wife was car pooling with a co-worker today, someone that had never been to our house. The woman came to the back door and my
wife let her in. My dog is VERY protective of the house and was not introduced to this woman and promptly bit her on the arm. Sounds like
the woman is going to be fine, as I had left for work about an hour before the incident. I have to really consider whether or not having the
dog is a liability or not. He is a very sweet animal and is great at home but he does get very worked up when he sees strangers and other
dogs. He is on anti anxiety medicine and I try to get him as much exercise as I can. He just turned 5 years old and I really don't want to
put him down but I'm always a little concerned if he were to ever get loose. He was taken to multiple training classes as a puppy but he
seems to have always been wired this way. I am sure I didn't do everything I possibly could have when trying to train him either, he has
just always been hard headed and a bit aggressive. He is a 50lb boxer so we are thankful he is on the small side but even at that size
he is all muscle and very strong.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
My two dogs react strangely to visitors as well. They seem to get crazier as they get older. But it seems like the more skittish the visitor, the more high strung and loud my dogs get with said visitor. Luckily, they have never bit anyone, but they will jump up on folks and certainly scare non-dog folk.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:18 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yeah, I was complaining to my wife about the wild day-to-days swings and she said there was always weather like that. I don't ever remember so many 30 degree single day swings as there seem to be now. I was in Boston over the weekend and it was 85 on Saturday. I went to the Red Sox game on Sunday and it was high 40s.

You're both right in my estimation. Growing up near the lake, it's always happened, but not nearly to the extent it does today. Summers used to be more moderate and winters were more consistent (length, temps & snow).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Okay I know BMac and others will come out claiming I am playing the victim card but so far this past 30 days
My 2nd youngest sister has breast cancer, yesterday they did an MRI and found more masses so breast#1 has to go. Not looking good overall.
MY friend of over 30 years on a yearly checkup gets the prostate cancer tag,he is under the knife right now.
I buy a new platform bed,always wanted one,this one has wood slats. Middle of the night Monday(anvers of my brothers passing) I am woken to the slats snapping like gun shots and I am slammed to the ground. I can literally hear my brother laughing his ass off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:38 am 

Early morning in the wilds of Glen Ellyn at a football camp/tryout. Lots of hurry up and wait. All while surrounded by about 100 kids walking around in slides, all listening to music loud enough for all to hear despite headphones. And I have a modest headache.

The number of parents still hand holding some of these kids is staggering given their late teen ages. I'd be marking off any kid with a helicopter parent playing a big role today.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:50 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
The number of parents still hand holding some of these kids is staggering given their late teen ages. I'd be marking off any kid with a helicopter parent playing a big role today.

Dude it is crazy. This year our high school tennis team played a private school. Kids all had parents hovering over them like nothing I have ever seen. When we started match it was overcast, then midway through the sun popped out and these kids/parents freaked. One high school boy started whining seemingly on the verge of tears and his father rushed to the court to put sunscreen on for him. We lost the tennis match that day, but I was glad to not have a team full of pansies

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:03 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Every Sunday night I get an automated email from our network with the address "NoReply@DrKenswork.com" and I immediately get the ear-worm of Genesis' No Reply At All. I like the song but it's like a weekly test/torture.

Is Phil Collins the only guy that was both a lead singer and drummer at the same time for a major band? I can't think of another.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Don Henley, Karen Carpenter.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Furious Styles wrote:
Don Henley, Karen Carpenter.

Good call.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Buddy Miles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Levon Helm with The Band deserves a mention. To me it's hard to look at that group and say you had a lead singer when they literally passed instruments and roles (singing being one) around to achieve the requisite sound. Further comment is best provided by T-Bone.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Is Phil Collins the only guy that was both a lead singer and drummer at the same time for a major band? I can't think of another.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:43 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Muddy Biles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:55 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
beni hanna wrote:
Levon Helm with The Band deserves a mention. To me it's hard to look at that group and say you had a lead singer when they literally passed instruments and roles (singing being one) around to achieve the requisite sound. Further comment is best provided by T-Bone.

I was going to mention Levon but I see you already did it. You are right in that the Band really didn't have a true lead singer. Helm probably sang
50-60% of the songs or so. Richard Manuel and Rick Danko also did lead vocals on other songs. Helm mostly played drums but he would also come out
from behind the set and play mandolin, guitar. I think everyone in the band was a multi instrumentalist except Robbie Robertson who also did some
singing although I don't think he did much lead singing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's

WITHOUT LOVE
IT AIN'T MUCH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:51 am 

tommy wrote:

WITHOUT LOVE
IT AIN'T MUCH

She isn't a guy :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:

WITHOUT LOVE
IT AIN'T MUCH

She was hot back then though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:56 am 

pittmike wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:

WITHOUT LOVE
IT AIN'T MUCH

She was hot back then though.

Even given her health issues and age, still is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I still think TWA 800 was a cover up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:

WITHOUT LOVE
IT AIN'T MUCH

Can't be blaming me for Dr. Ken's pronoun barbarism.

And yes to was/is hot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Was just looking at some want ads. Saw the phrase "salary commiserate with experience." I guess that wouldn't set off the spellcheck alarms.

Also, while I'm here, some craft-cocktail-movement douchbags are opening up a Nelson Algren-themed cocktail lounge at Division and Ashland.

https://chicago.eater.com/2018/6/4/17425488/neon-wilderness-brad-bolt-kevin-heisner-matt-eisler-wicker-bar-cocktail-bar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:33 pm 

If accuracy is what one strives for, shouldn't that place have a Saul Bellow vibe? From what I have read of Algren he seemed more the beer and shot(s) kind of guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:45 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
If accuracy is what one strives for, shouldn't that place have a Saul Bellow vibe? From what I have read of Algren he seemed more the beer and shot(s) kind of guy.

Those craft drink types focus more on him banging Simone De Beauvoir than the rest of his life & common man drinking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:51 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Those craft drink types focus more on him banging Simone De Beauvoir than the rest of his life & common man drinking.

She would have fit in great in another thread...'In 1943, de Beauvoir was suspended from her teaching job, due to an accusation that she had seduced her 17-year-old lycée pupil Natalie Sorokine in 1939'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:23 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Who the fuck gets not one but TWO flat tires in the same night??? Real tire takes a shit for some reason, put on the spare, the spare takes a shit too!

I love everything and everyone. :puker:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
middle managers are the fucking worse. find a fucking purpose other than organizing meetings to justify your existence.

fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 190  Next