It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:
middle managers are the fucking worse. find a fucking purpose other than organizing meetings to justify your existence.

fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you

Kirkwood, we need to set up a meeting to discuss strategy on how to effectively deal with your issues so we can move forward in the best interests of the enterprise as a whole.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
What if s/he had scheduled a series of conference calls instead?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Wife "accidentally" deleted several episodes of The High Chaparral from the dvd player. And this comes during Father's Day Week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
tommy wrote:
Wife "accidentally" deleted several episodes of The High Chaparral from the dvd player. And this comes during Father's Day Week.

St least it wasn’t The Virginian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:36 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
tommy wrote:

Ol girl know better

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
had some tightness in the chest last year. freaked out a bit. got a stress test done. was told by a practitioner there was an abnormality and had some blockage and to be careful otherwise they'd have to put in a stint possibly. could continue to do whatever, eat whatever but to keep an eye on these symptoms. so the entire year since, i've been eating out of healthier trash cans and what not. any time i get tight chest, i'm assuming this is the end but eventually it goes away. but the anxiety doesn't. but i'm stubborn, i'm not going to the ER to be told its nothing.

So i also just had my year after check up at cardiologist. the actual doctor comes in, goes, well you passed the stress test with flying colors, your ekg then looks textbook, which must mean that abnormality is actually a false positive. why are you here? i tell him that the practitioner told me i had to be careful or next step was an angiogram! He was like, well she shouldn't have, you are in perfect heart healthy according to 99% of the information. which means to me that 1% is a false positive. you've got GERD.

for the last year, i've been assuming any moment i could fall over from a heart attack.

and i told him that a few months back i went to gastro and it is indeed GERD and a Hiatal Hernia. He told me to not schedule another appt with him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
hnd with a positive complain about. nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:09 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
middle managers are the fucking worse. find a fucking purpose other than organizing meetings to justify your existence.

fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you

Kirkwood, we need to set up a meeting to discuss strategy on how to effectively deal with your issues so we can move forward in the best interests of the enterprise as a whole.

:lol: :lol:

Needed the laugh. Damn dryer went out. Didn't realize it until I washed a load. (Another was in the dryer)Since the youngest is around, I said fuck it and washed another, so he's carrying the clean, damp clothes to the car and laundromat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:57 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I really don't get the song "Owner Of A Lonely Heart."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Getting carpet installed in a bedroom today. Got a call yesterday to let me know that I am the second job. Guy might be there by 11 or
maybe noon.... could be as late as 2pm. Uh, thanks..... At least I can be in the office half the day. When I bought the carpet on Monday
I was told they could be at my house anytime between 8am and 4pm.

Last edited by T-Bone on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
They're running the sprinklers in the Mecca. Yes, they actually have sprinklers running this morning to keep our beautiful corporate campus grass green.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:33 am 

newper wrote:
I really don't get the song "Owner Of A Lonely Heart."

I'm with you, newper. What's all this "ownership" shit? We don't need no neurohierachy here; each organ owns itself. Thank you for pointing this out. Also: I manned the drums for Yes from '68-77.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
T-Bone wrote:
Getting carpet installed in a bedroom today. Got a call yesterday to let me know that I am the second job. Guy might be there by 11 or
maybe noon.... could be as late as 2pm. Uh, thanks..... At least I can be in the office half the day. When I bought the carpet on Monday
I was told they could be at my house anytime between 8am and 4pm.

Update:

Was working at our offsite warehouse, just set my phone down and put on my work gloves and the phone rings. Guy says he will be at my
house in 20 minutes. It is 8:15 am. Luckily I work about 5 minutes from home so I head back. They get the carpet installed, which was a
remnant piece. Everything looks pretty good except there is a black mark on the tan carpet that runs the length of the room. Guy tells me
he put some shampoo on it to try to clean it. We never had the remnant unfurled to look at completely. I am a little surprised the installer
didn't at least mention it to me before putting it down but there isn't much I can do about it now. I send a pic to my wife and she is livid.
Just perfect....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:50 pm 

tommy wrote:
Also: I manned the drums for Yes from '68-77.

The whole time or just in and around the lake?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:53 pm 

newper wrote:
tommy wrote:

The whole time, in a roundabout way

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:11 pm 

tommy wrote:
newper wrote:
tommy wrote:

https://youtu.be/4EMJl4sy-yM?t=35s

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 pm 

newper wrote:
tommy wrote:
newper wrote:
tommy wrote:

https://youtu.be/4EMJl4sy-yM?t=35s

^^ Worth watching....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
tommy wrote:

Good westerns.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I've been waiting 5 hours now for this guy to make a draft pick in our dynasty hockey league. He's a good owner and usually timely. We have a 12 hour window but no one ever uses it. He logged on a couple hours ago and then again over an hour ago and said he would be making his pick shortly.

I have now had 4 beers and a glass of whiskey. I have read probably a dozen scouting reports on Jonathan Berggren who I am going to pick at 22 in spite of him going 33 in the draft. As soon as I finish this beer I am going to bed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Triggering some truly horrendous parody threads.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
SpiralStairs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Jbi11s wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Would.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I forgot to put on my wedding ring this morning.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
DAC wrote:
I've been waiting 5 hours now for this guy to make a draft pick in our dynasty hockey league. He's a good owner and usually timely. We have a 12 hour window but no one ever uses it. He logged on a couple hours ago and then again over an hour ago and said he would be making his pick shortly.

I have now had 4 beers and a glass of whiskey. I have read probably a dozen scouting reports on Jonathan Berggren who I am going to pick at 22 in spite of him going 33 in the draft. As soon as I finish this beer I am going to bed.

This has to be the longest fantasy draft I have ever heard of.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I forgot to put on my wedding ring this morning.

Shouldn't be a big deal, unless your wife found it and wants to kill you for forgetting it...and considering she's pregnant, maybe you want to wear a helmet home...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 am 

I was at an upper ages little league game this week. I was sitting far down the line past the outfielders so I could sit in my own comfortable seat and have my bare tootsies in the grass. The two coaches hate each other. They are both the types who have printed rules on the sideline ready to make an issue for the most minor infraction. This was a night game with no lights so times a wastin and they had argued into a game getting timed out earlier in the season. This is the playoffs.

So it starts about the second inning, then the third... The sun is setting and my pleasant disposition starts to turn as they argue bat rules for 15+ minutes while calling the commissioner. Eventually I start yelling "BORING! BORING!". I see the opponent coach pointing at me so I waved. Fuck that, I'm not the bad guy here. So then I yelled that I didn't pay my fee to watch coaches argue as the sun sets. Eventually my side coach gets it and just agrees to move along with the game possibly under protest.

No one said anything to me as I've had kids in that program and coached on every level for more than a decade without incident. I'm happy to do my little bit if the shaming of their stupidity got the game finished.

Let the kids play.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
good dolphin wrote:
I was at an upper ages little league game this week. I was sitting far down the line past the outfielders so I could sit in my own comfortable seat and have my bare tootsies in the grass. The two coaches hate each other. They are both the types who have printed rules on the sideline ready to make an issue for the most minor infraction. This was a night game with no lights so times a wastin and they had argued into a game getting timed out earlier in the season. This is the playoffs.

So it starts about the second inning, then the third... The sun is setting and my pleasant disposition starts to turn as they argue bat rules for 15+ minutes while calling the commissioner. Eventually I start yelling "BORING! BORING!". I see the opponent coach pointing at me so I waved. Fuck that, I'm not the bad guy here. So then I yelled that I didn't pay my fee to watch coaches argue as the sun sets. Eventually my side coach gets it and just agrees to move along with the game possibly under protest.

No one said anything to me as I've had kids in that program and coached on every level for more than a decade without incident. I'm happy to do my little bit if the shaming of their stupidity got the game finished.

Let the kids play.

Little league baseball is the worst.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
over the years of going to kid's baseball games, this seems to be more and more an occurrence. a few weeks back i watched a coach in pool play call out another team for skipping a hitter because the hitter was sick and they'd left. apparently in league and pool play this is pretty much the typical thing everyone lets slide, but they called the commish over and he was like if they want to enforce the rule i guess they can. it was the 3rd out, game over, they win. We just got in on the last part of that whole ordeal because they weren't the teams we came to watch.

a few hours later, we are playing that team in the losers bracket. last inning they have a runner on 2nd. 2 outs. they are down 1. our coach realizes that the guy on 2nd base is the kid that got subbed out for the kid who hit. so he is like hold on there is no re-entry or some crap i wasn't paying attention. the guy is like the hitter tweaked his ankle, comeon...just let them play, i then shout from my chair "A FEW HOURS AGO YOU ENDED A GAME BECAUSE THEY SKIPPED A BATTER, GAME OVER LETS GO" and he turns and tells me to shut my fucking mouth and i burst into laughter. of course the ump and commish are now getting screamed at as my buddy who's coaching has all the kids walk off the field and line up to shake hands with the other kids. all the while this guy is going ballistic while i'm laughing obnoxiously fending off the elbows and slaps from my wife.

afterwards my buddy was like, any other guy/team, i'd be like no problem keep playing but that asshole does this shit all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
My 3 YO daughter told another kid at day care she was going to kill her.

SomeGuy would have been so proud, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Your new attitude has consequences.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 190  Next