It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:20 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Fishing, gambling, and stories of the good ol times. :roll:
So much for "Talk about sports dammit!". :scratch:

WSCR has turned into that drunk guy at the Forest Preserve telling the woman she's not American because she's wearing a shirt with the flag of Puerto Rico on it. And the listeners are the Forest Preserve cop that stands there with his hands inside his vest doing nothing. Old, bad, homogenized, MAGA crap. :pukel:

Remember when WLUP was the only outlet for Monday morning Bears callers and then WSCR came along? WSCR is creeping dangerously close to becoming this generation's WLUP. A point of no return. :ncool:

Circuit City
Sears
K-Mart
Toys R US
Montgomery Ward
Pontiac
Woolworth
Carson Pirie Scott
Oldsmobile
Dominicks

Keep sticking to the old formula boys.... You still have 12 months before the 'Baby Boomers' are no longer the targeted demographic. :weelchairbb: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jason?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:37 am 

FJBlack8 wrote:

WSCR has turned into that drunk guy at the Forest Preserve telling the woman she's not American because she's wearing a shirt with the flag of Puerto Rico on it. And the listeners are the Forest Preserve cop that stands there with his hands inside his vest doing nothing. Old, bad, homogenized, MAGA crap. :pukel:

Remember when WLUP was the only outlet for Monday morning Bears callers and then WSCR came along? WSCR is creeping dangerously close to becoming this generation's WLUP. A point of no return. :ncool:

Circuit City
Sears
K-Mart
Toys R US
Montgomery Ward
Pontiac
Woolworth
Carson Pirie Scott
Oldsmobile
Dominicks

Keep sticking to the old formula boys.... You still have 12 months before the 'Baby Boomers' are no longer the targeted demographic. :weelchairbb: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does that make you the woman wearing the Captain America Puerto Rico shirt, because she seemed to have a pretty good body and I'd like to see what the face looked like

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FJBlack8 wrote:

Circuit City
Sears
K-Mart
Toys R US
Montgomery Ward
Pontiac
Woolworth
Carson Pirie Scott
Oldsmobile
Dominicks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:49 am 

Is it common to target Puerto Ricans at forest preserves?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Cashman wrote:
Jason?

Well, he would know quite a bit about forest preserves.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:28 am 

I very much enjoy the show in the short spurts I've listened to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
rogers park bryan wrote:

I haven't. Parkins isn't particularly bright, and Mac is a fossil.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Is it common to target Puerto Ricans at forest preserves?

My park district offers it as course now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

What is your favorite sports talk show today?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:43 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Were you a Mac fan in his prime?

I like Parkins a lot, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:45 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Selective hearing from the OP.

-This show is very Cubs heavy right now. They will talk a little national MLB and Sox too, but its very Cubs centric.*
-They talked NBA Finals when that was going on, and a bit of LeBron's free ajency.
-In a few days, they will be talking LOTS of NFL despite what LTG wants you to believe.
-The gambling talk ties directly into sports. I'd like to give you credit and assume you already knew that

Yes there is some guy talk, but you are acting as if that dominates the entire show and it absolutely does not.

*Edit; this is not a complaint, just an observation

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
16 Weeks of the same crap seems like a history of Bernstein's Penn State coverage. Actually that would be Michigan St. Penn St. would be 16 months.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:56 am 

It started with the decline of B&B but I just can't get excited about sports radio any more. Maybe football season will bring it back.

The only show I generally enjoy now is The Dan Patrick Show but I think it's enhanced on television and easy to have on in the background.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Were you a Mac fan in his prime?

I like Parkins a lot, too.

I liked Mac a lot before he became a living wax sculpture sometime at AM 1000.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I've listened to maybe an hour of M&H (that 5AM thing they do) twice in the past few months. Otherwise no sports talk radio in probably 4 or 5 months. Which is crazy coming from a guy who used to listen every day for 8-12 hours a day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:

Same

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
spmack wrote:
I've listened to maybe an hour of M&H (that 5AM thing they do) twice in the past few months. Otherwise no sports talk radio in probably 4 or 5 months. Which is crazy coming from a guy who used to listen every day for 8-12 hours a day.

I've caught a few segments of Bernstein and some dude and almost no Mac, but I was checked out before the switch.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
This show is going to be the best thing going when football season gets started. Bears will be interesting and the NFL is still king.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Curious Hair wrote:
spmack wrote:

I've caught a few segments of Bernstein and some dude and almost no Mac, but I was checked out before the switch.

Same.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I'm not sure I have one right now. The Bernstein Effect has all but destroyed the Score, and I don't find anything I've heard on AM 1000 particularly compelling.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:39 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I'm not sure I have one right now. The Bernstein Effect has all but destroyed the Score, and I don't find anything I've heard on AM 1000 particularly compelling.

I get that. Just wondered.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 am 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This show is going to be the best thing going when football season gets started. Bears will be interesting and the NFL is still king.

Tall Midget Award given that everything on the Chicago sports talk landscape largely sucks.

Mac's football acumen has been overrated for years. He has spoken only in broad generalities and meaningless cliches about the Bears since Cutler's second or third season in Chicago. In my opinion, he needs to watch the games more closely so he can comment on them with a greater level of specificity--hopefully doing so will allow him to provide better analysis.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Tall Midget wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Tall Midget Award given that everything on the Chicago sports talk landscape largely sucks.

Mac's football acumen has been overrated for years. He has spoken only in broad generalities and meaningless cliches about the Bears since Cutler's second or third season in Chicago. In my opinion, he needs to watch the games more closely so he can comment on them with a greater level of specificity--hopefully doing so will allow him to provide better analysis.

His Sunday shows during the NFL playoffs this past winter were fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 am 

Quote:

-This show is very Cubs heavy right now. They will talk a little national MLB and Sox too, but its very Cubs centric.*
-They talked NBA Finals when that was going on, and a bit of LeBron's free ajency.
-In a few days, they will be talking LOTS of NFL despite what LTG wants you to believe.
-The gambling talk ties directly into sports. I'd like to give you credit and assume you already knew that

Yes there is some guy talk, but you are acting as if that dominates the entire show and it absolutely does not.

Sure, you'll have the occassional blip in the overall show performance. But, if you described the show over the past 16 weeks you'll come up with fishing, gambling, and old Score days. :cheers:

I predict (say it like ya mean it) - football talk will be intertwined with Pinky Gentry, Steve McMichael, and Wanndestat drivel. Oh, and lets not forget good ol' Kansas City Chiefs talk. :roll:

Gambling talk is no more interesting than Dan or Jason talking about Penn State. Sure, both are related to sports. But, is that what your audience really wants to hear? :thumbdown:

Face it -The show blows moose schlong so far. :puker: :pukel:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 am 

Quote:

Sure, you'll have the occassional blip in the overall show performance. But, if you described the show over the past 16 weeks you'll come up with fishing, gambling, and old Score days. :cheers:

I predict (say it like ya mean it) - football talk will be intertwined with Pinky Gentry, Steve McMichael, and Wanndestat drivel. Oh, and lets not forget good ol' Kansas City Chiefs talk. :roll:

Gambling talk is no more interesting than Dan or Jason talking about Penn State. Sure, both are related to sports. But, is that what your audience really wants to hear? :thumbdown:

Face it -The show blows moose schlong so far. :puker: :pukel:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 am 

Ogie is right about this past season TM. I am optimistic that his rejuvenation is real and this will be a great football season with Mac and Parkins. If not, then it is what it is but another season of Bernsie basically shitting on stuff was not going to work for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I cannot remember the last time I heard Gentry or Mongo on the air. Wanstedt drivel? He is one of the best football guests on the air on either station. If you can't enjoy his spots, that says more about you than anything.

As far as the rest of your post, I say again selective hearing. I'm not arguing if the show is good or bad, I'm simply stating- correctly- that just about everything you posted about the show is wrong, FJBlack.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:49 am 

FJBlack8 wrote:

Gambling talk is no more interesting than Dan or Jason talking about Penn State. Sure, both are related to sports. But, is that what your audience really wants to hear?

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:50 am 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

His Sunday shows during the NFL playoffs this past winter were fantastic.

Good to know. Mac can be a great analyst when he's engaged. Unfortunately, he has largely been flying on auto-pilot for most of the past decade. Let's hope he revitalizes himself when training camp opens.