It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parkman is back - 7/23
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hope he’s not too upset with all the bouquets thrown last week...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Mac and Park telling Bernsie he is full of shit pretty much.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:24 pm 

Yeah...Bernstein taking a page out of the DiCaro playbook...guilty until proven innocent (Kane remarks) and painting with a broad brush.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
"If you're black or gay your thoughts and feelings don't matter here" - The Inventor of "Count Fagula"

With "the spectrum" of "optics" for the ovation for Josh Hader I think only Parkins' touched on "the tribalism" aspect, where, you know, people are just trying to pat the guy on the back and show that they're willing to give him a(nother) chance. I didn't read into it as much as Bernstein did, but I forget who it was on the station that referenced the Kuhn chants when he'd score a goal line TD for the packers and said that there was definitely an aspect to that where the masses loved having an excuse to yell "COON!!!!!" #TheOpticsAreOutThere

I used to crack that Kuhn/Coon joke on IRC during packers games, but it was just that... A joke. Evidently being a Wisconsinite carries a connotation these days in "Trump's America" (the country, not the poster =)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:32 pm 

I guess Bernstein is jealous that he did not get a standing ovation when he returned from his suspension for calling Cheryl Scott a whore on Twitter.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
sinicalypse wrote:
I forget who it was on the station that referenced the Kuhn chants when he'd score a goal line TD for the packers and said that there was definitely an aspect to that where the masses loved having an excuse to yell "COON!!!!!"

Never heard that one before...sounds like something made up (not by you, but someone looking to pick a fight and making up an imaginary conflict).

Bernstein was one step from writing the cheering fans were okay with blacks being dragged to their deaths.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
I guess Bernstein is jealous that he did not get a standing ovation when he returned from his suspension for calling Cheryl Scott a whore on Twitter.

He seems overly vested in this thing for some odd reason. Every week fans are cheering for players that have made criminal mistakes off the field (this isn't one of those cases). I simply viewed the Brewers' cheering for Hader as being supportive of a guy that handled the situation pretty well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:

He seems overly vested in this thing for some odd reason. .

Little Jason is worried the Brewer fans up north might also come for the Jews soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:

He seems overly vested in this thing for some odd reason. Every week fans are cheering for players that have made criminal mistakes off the field (this isn't one of those cases). I simply viewed the Brewers' cheering for Hader as being supportive of a guy that handled the situation pretty well.

This

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jaw Breaker wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
I forget who it was on the station that referenced the Kuhn chants when he'd score a goal line TD for the packers and said that there was definitely an aspect to that where the masses loved having an excuse to yell "COON!!!!!"

Never heard that one before...sounds like something made up (not by you, but someone looking to pick a fight and making up an imaginary conflict).

Bernstein was one step from writing the cheering fans were okay with blacks being dragged to their deaths.

You mf'ers have me on ignore?

badrogue17 wrote:
Sounds like when Leery said Packer fans enjoyed saying the KUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHNNNN chant a little too much even though , you know, thats the guys name.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
How much does it cost to golf at St. Andrews? Parkins was saying how affordable it is and that he and his buddies are going to go there on a guy's trip (after Jason Benetti wishes one of them a Happy Birthday) and McKnight seemed surprised he considered that to be an affordable guy's trip.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:
How much does it cost to golf at St. Andrews? Parkins was saying how affordable it is and that he and his buddies are going to go there on a guy's trip (after Jason Benetti wishes one of them a Happy Birthday) and McKnight seemed surprised he considered that to be an affordable guy's trip.

For a round, it costs about the same as your normal PGA Tour venue open to the public. Depending on the exchange rate, the 2018 green fee to play the Old Course is 180 pounds, which is about $250.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
badrogue17 wrote:
You mf'ers have me on ignore?

:lol: So that was actually a Leery thing? Jeez. I don't know how some people make it through life, looking for perceived slights.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:10 pm 

Mac just mentioned that Patrick Kane's "transgressions" have made it hard for him to cheer for Kane the last few years.

The rape claim was bullshit, so what transgressions would prevent Monsignor Mac was cheering for Kane?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:12 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Mac just mentioned that Patrick Kane's "transgressions" have made it hard for him to cheer for Kane the last few years.

The rape claim was bullshit, so what transgressions would prevent Monsignor Mac was cheering for Kane?

Assaulting a cabbie and the antics in Madison are the other main culprits. I like the photos with ugly Canadian chicks in the limo. Those are the bad PR moments in Kane's history.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
sinicalypse wrote:
"If you're black or gay your thoughts and feelings don't matter here" - The Inventor of "Count Fagula"

With "the spectrum" of "optics" for the ovation for Josh Hader I think only Parkins' touched on "the tribalism" aspect, where, you know, people are just trying to pat the guy on the back and show that they're willing to give him a(nother) chance. I didn't read into it as much as Bernstein did, but I forget who it was on the station that referenced the Kuhn chants when he'd score a goal line TD for the packers and said that there was definitely an aspect to that where the masses loved having an excuse to yell "COON!!!!!" #TheOpticsAreOutThere

I used to crack that Kuhn/Coon joke on IRC during packers games, but it was just that... A joke. Evidently being a Wisconsinite carries a connotation these days in "Trump's America" (the country, not the poster =)

Anyone named Kuhn should be forced to change his name to African-American.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

Anyone named Kuhn should be forced to change his name to African-American.

You tell that to Eric Cartman.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:26 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

I never heard that either. Does sound made up

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
"He seems overly vested in this thing for some odd reason. Every week fans are cheering for players that have made criminal mistakes off the field (this isn't one of those cases). I simply viewed the Brewers' cheering for Hader as being supportive of a guy that handled the situation pretty well."

Dan the ultimate SJW, nothing odd about it. Dan would love to be African American, as he is embarrassed to be white. You just know he was walking around HP as a kid wearing a Bulls jersey, listening to rap and generally appropriating black culture.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:40 pm 

Former White Sox announcer John Rooney won't come on the station with Mac, and Mac said it's because it got back to Rooney that Mac said something about him after the last time he had him on (although Mac can't remember what that was). I'm kind of surprised this hasn't happened more often as hosts on WSCR often talk a lot of crap about a guy after they get off the phone with them. You just had the guy on the phone, if you had a problem with something he said that would have been a good time to bring it up.

Parkins talking about other people's lack of self-awareness and a shot at people who "think they move souls..."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Former White Sox announcer John Rooney won't come on the station with Mac, and Mac said it's because it got back to Rooney that Mac said something about him after the last time he had him on (although Mac can't remember what that was). I'm kind of surprised this hasn't happened more often as hosts on WSCR often talk a lot of crap about a guy after they get off the phone with them. You just had the guy on the phone, if you had a problem with something he said that would have been a good time to bring it up.

Parkins talking about other people's lack of self-awareness and a shot at people who "think they move souls..."

I remember when Mac and Spiegel were still a team, Mike Florio called them both out on the air for something like this. I don't remember the exact question but Florio replied something like... "I could answer that honestly but then you two will spend the next 20 minutes ridiculing me on air after I hang up."

Florio never really was the same with them after that again. Even after Mac left, Florio didn't treat Spiegel very well... but that was also when Giggles Goff was driving that train wreck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:41 pm 

The Florio thing started When Speigs went after him hard (rightfully so) when Florio danced on Hub's grave when the magazine folded.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
rogar6 wrote:
Dan the ultimate SJW, nothing odd about it. Dan would love to be African American, as he is embarrassed to be white. You just know he was walking around HP as a kid wearing a Bulls jersey, listening to rap and generally appropriating black culture.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
sinicalypse wrote:
rogar6 wrote:

Back in the early 90s, one of my more entrepreneurial cousins who had just finished high school was ready to invest in buying 100 baseball caps with STONY ISLAND emblazoned on them as a logo. He was planning on taking them to high school hang out joints around Highland Park, Deerfield, Glenbrook North, and Stevenson high schools and selling them for a $15 markup each.

His father squashed the idea because he was afraid the kid was going to get knifed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
oak forest blarney wrote:
The Florio thing started When Speigs went after him hard (rightfully so) when Florio danced on Hub's grave when the magazine folded.

Wow.... I didn't know that. Good for Spiegel. Not a classy move by Florio. Printing/publishing is a hard business to survive in these days.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Fuck Hub, he's a know it all condescending douche ..he's usually full of shot as well. Maybe if he wasn't doing 1k push ups every day he'd have ran his football rag wiser.