It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
pittmike wrote:
I do not want to have a big thing or anything but have to get it out while at work. Just had a conversation with my lawyer regarding a lawsuit I am involved in. Long and short of it I have to actually try to put a dollar figure on the life of my deceased daughter. Worse 5 days after her birthday. :(

Anyone making bets on how drunk I might be around the board later tonight take the over.

That's awful. I've always had a hard time comprehending how that's even possible.

My advice is drink some Crown Apple and Sprite.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
pittmike wrote:
I do not want to have a big thing or anything but have to get it out while at work. Just had a conversation with my lawyer regarding a lawsuit I am involved in. Long and short of it I have to actually try to put a dollar figure on the life of my deceased daughter. Worse 5 days after her birthday. :(

Anyone making bets on how drunk I might be around the board later tonight take the over.

Man. I want to say something, but it will sound stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
pittmike wrote:

:(

So sorry to hear about this, Mike. I can't imagine how hard this must be.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:07 pm 

Damn, that blows Mike. How in the hell could someone (who isn't a ghoul) even start that thought process?

But remember to drink lots of water as well. :drunken:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:08 pm 

pittmike wrote:

Sorry Mike. Maybe the silver lining is that the lawsuit may bring a small amount of justice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
pittmike wrote:

Sorry to hear, we are going through the same thing with my brother. Plus,my nef who has CP due to two hospitals and a doctor
fucking up diagnosing my sister when she was pregnant with him. She had pneumonia in both lungs, told her dont worry and sent her home. They both almost did not make it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:26 pm 

Friday we lose Kopech
Saturday the Cats! crap the bed
Sunday my Saints embarrass themselves

And then I get smoked in fantasy by my youngest who benefited from the games of Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Damn rain!

The Brickyard 400 and the Cubs were rained out. I did yard work and then took a nap.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
When did they move the Brickyard to September?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:01 pm 

pittmike wrote:
When did they move the Brickyard to September?

This is the first year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:01 pm 

One Post wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
One Post wrote:
Flight from Houston to the twin cities this morning.

At about the two hour mark of the flight, toddler vomited about a liter of puke. Fuck.

On you?

My wife caught like 1/3 of it in her hands, that was quite remarkable. The rest of it went on her and on the seat. It was fucking awful.

Toddler threw up a small amount this morning, 4 year old was grossed out so he threw up some, but no shit, he caught about 1/2 of it in his hands.

I want my kids and wife to know that under no circumstances am I catching anyone’s puke in my hands, unless it would otherwise land on my face somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
One Post wrote:
One Post wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
One Post wrote:
Flight from Houston to the twin cities this morning.

At about the two hour mark of the flight, toddler vomited about a liter of puke. Fuck.

On you?

My wife caught like 1/3 of it in her hands, that was quite remarkable. The rest of it went on her and on the seat. It was fucking awful.

Toddler threw up a small amount this morning, 4 year old was grossed out so he threw up some, but no shit, he caught about 1/2 of it in his hands.

I want my kids and wife to know that under no circumstances am I catching anyone’s puke in my hands, unless it would otherwise land on my face somehow.

:lol:

I am apparently a puke magnet for my 3 year old. Then the 2 year old just laughs at us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
sjboyd0137 wrote:
I am apparently a puke magnet for my 3 year old. Then the 2 year old just laughs at us.

MOVE!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:50 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
In-laws have been in town since Saturday. Nice folks but we are on day 4 today and that is usually when I know things start going south.
I am a firm believer in the house guests are like fish comparison and after 3 days things usually start to smell bad. So they are swinging
through after spending a week doing some camping up in the Boundary Waters. As they usually do, when they arrive they move all of their
luggage and food stuffs into my step sons room and essentially spread out. My dog was in the kennel yesterday morning and I came home
and let him out at lunchtime. He was pretty wound up and must have smelled the food in the room. He knows how to open the door and
apparently proceeded to do so. While in there he ate a pound of peanuts and at least a pound of trail mix with M&M's. I only was able to
guess that because of all the colored marks the wet candy made on the brand new carpet we just had installed in there. I really can't blame
them for not locking the door because no one told them to do it, although we usually keep it locked. my mother in law is so short she can't
reach the key to get in and out of there and they treat it like a walk in closet. To top it off I let the dog out this morning to do his thing before
I leave for work and notice that they had opened the window in the spare bedroom where no one is staying. Problem is the air is on. Guess
that never occurred to anyone. I can tell in my older age that I just don't have the patience and understanding I once did but it seems to get
just a little worse after every visit..... I watched the first half of the football game last night and showed some small outbursts of emotion and
excitement for the defense and I was basically looked at like I was crazy and asked what my outburst was about. I went to bed at halftime
because it wasn't enjoyable to sit there in silence. Company leaves tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:45 am 

We do not allow people to stay with us. Get a hotel room. It almost never ends well when people stay in your home especially with pets. We have two large dogs.

I am reminded of a childhood trip to my uncle's place in Oklahoma. They were nice and let us stay with them. Well, it was my parents and five siblings. At the end of a tense week, my uncle goes, "it was nice to see you come and even better to see you go.".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
That's brutal, T-Bone. That's way too long of a stay.

I'm lucky in that my in-laws are good for maybe 2.5 hours max for a visit and then they're ready to get home.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
denisdman wrote:
We do not allow people to stay with us. Get a hotel room. It almost never ends well when people stay in your home especially with pets. We have two large dogs.

I am reminded of a childhood trip to my uncle's place in Oklahoma. They were nice and let us stay with them. Well, it was my parents and five siblings. At the end of a tense week, my uncle goes, "it was nice to see you come and even better to see you go.".

My Uncle in Beverly Hills had me and my wife with 2 small children stay at their house. It was when we left he said to me :"I loved seeing you,just remember one thing,never ask me for money!" He stared a hole through me as he said it! I never needed his money of course but it gave me a few laughs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:02 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:

I'm lucky in that my in-laws are good for maybe 2.5 hours max for a visit and then they're ready to get home.

They usually stay closer to a week. Believe it or not their friends they were camping with asked them if we had another
bedroom for them to stay on the way passing through. Apparently they offered up the bed we have in our basement but
these folks didn't bite. That would have put me over the edge.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:04 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

They usually stay closer to a week. Believe it or not their friends they were camping with asked them if we had another
bedroom for them to stay on the way passing through. Apparently they offered up the bed we have in our basement but
these folks didn't bite. That would have put me over the edge.

Oh FFS. Horrible.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
You are a much more patient man than I am TBone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:31 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I love my wife too much. I just hold most of it in and come here to the Complain About thread to let it out :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I love my wife too much. I just hold most of it in and come here to the Complain About thread to let it out :lol:

Definitely the best way to handle it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

For now...

After they leave though, I believe it is worth it to have a conversation with the wife explaining your and your dog's problem with having guests. If you guys talk about it and agree to have the in laws (or anyone) stay beforehand, that is one thing. To have the wife say, "Oh by the way, so and so is staying at our house for four days while I am out of town" is BS and pretty disrespectful IMO.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:17 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

For now...

After they leave though, I believe it is worth it to have a conversation with the wife explaining your and your dog's problem with having guests. If you guys talk about it and agree to have the in laws (or anyone) stay beforehand, that is one thing. To have the wife say, "Oh by the way, so and so is staying at our house for four days while I am out of town" is BS and pretty disrespectful IMO.

My wife and I talk about absolutely everything so you can bet there will be a little family debrief later this week, and I am betting this will not happen
again in the future. To be fair my wife only left me with them for about a day and a half on my own before she got back, but it definitely was something
that will be avoided in the future. She did mention that I have left her with my mom most of the day twice to go golfing with my dad so I guess we are
even now. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:46 pm 

Halloween is a fun holiday for me.

Two young kids, live in one of those neighborhoods where families drive to for trick or treating. Always have family and friends over, etc.

Five years ago my wife and I moved in on Oct 1st, 30 days later we had these kids and families at our “new” house, I was so happy.

We give out airplane bottles of booze to the parents that accompany kids. Last year I gave out 100+ bottles of airplane booze.

Donating a kidney to a recipient, surgery scheduled for, yep Oct 30th.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
One Post wrote:

Can you put me down for your other one when you're done with it? Seriously, that's a big thing to do for someone -- kudos to you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:51 pm 

newper wrote:
One Post wrote:

Can you put me down for your other one when you're done with it? Seriously, that's a big thing to do for someone -- kudos to you.

You get the liver good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
One Post wrote:
newper wrote:
One Post wrote:

Eh, we can probably salvage 20% of it or so. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
newper wrote:
One Post wrote:
newper wrote:
One Post wrote:

Eh, we can probably salvage 20% of it or so. :wink:

Wife blew out an ACL 2 weeks ago. If we are cutting up One Post we'll take some ligiments. Surgery is Oct 1st, thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:18 am 

The woman at Lowe's must of had a rough Saturday night. It was all I could do to get some basic information out of her about flooring. Sorry to get you off your phone and have you walk 20 feet. And the question "Why would someone choose engineered hardwood over solid hardwood?" shouldn't be too tough to answer if you work in the flooring section.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 190  Next