It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Thanks. Maybe the Wisemen would have some liability if I stroked out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:

:lol: :lol:

NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!!

Sincerely,
Management

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
leashyourkids wrote:

Have your estate sue McNown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
leashyourkids wrote:
I have high blood pressure and usually check it once or twice a week. With one med and watching my salt, I've had it at normal levels for probably the past year... doesn't get any higher than 130/85 ever. Today I had a headache and was feeling a little tense, so I figured I'd check my BP. I went to Walgreens and bought a new wrist monitor because my old one is in bad shape. Once I got it to work, it showed my BP as 220 over 120! So I freaked out and drove myself to the ER. My headache started getting worse, my vision blurred, and I was panicked that I was going to have a stroke or something.

So I get to the ER and put on a robe and they hook me up to all their shit... I had my head down and swore I couldn't see straight and was in terrible shape.

So the nurse takes my BP and starts laughing. I was like "what's funny?" She tells me my BP is 128 over 82. I told her that couldn't be right. She checked again... even lower. The machine I bought was an inaccurate piece of shit, and I freaked myself out enough to believe that I was having all these crazy symptoms.

Luckily the ER didn't charge me. I'm gonna sue the manufacturer.

Get your ass down to the nearby meatwagon station and ask one of the EMTs on duty to (a) check your blood pressure and then (b) ask them to teach you how to do it manually ... then acquire a real one.

The digital arm ones can be okay, but all I know is more often then not the nurses I see eschew the digital ones - and they're fancier than ones you or I can go get - in favor of the old fashioned way ... of course they also might do that to shut me up for a little bit ... I guess I should account for that possibility.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:17 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Furious Styles wrote:
Best friend from HS and best man in my wedding hanged himself over the weekend. We fell out of touch a number of years ago, but this fucking hurts.

That's horrible. So sorry, FS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:31 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I have high blood pressure and usually check it once or twice a week. With one med and watching my salt, I've had it at normal levels for probably the past year... doesn't get any higher than 130/85 ever. Today I had a headache and was feeling a little tense, so I figured I'd check my BP. I went to Walgreens and bought a new wrist monitor because my old one is in bad shape. Once I got it to work, it showed my BP as 220 over 120! So I freaked out and drove myself to the ER. My headache started getting worse, my vision blurred, and I was panicked that I was going to have a stroke or something.

So I get to the ER and put on a robe and they hook me up to all their shit... I had my head down and swore I couldn't see straight and was in terrible shape.

So the nurse takes my BP and starts laughing. I was like "what's funny?" She tells me my BP is 128 over 82. I told her that couldn't be right. She checked again... even lower. The machine I bought was an inaccurate piece of shit, and I freaked myself out enough to believe that I was having all these crazy symptoms.

Get your ass down to the nearby meatwagon station and ask one of the EMTs on duty to (a) check your blood pressure and then (b) ask them to teach you how to do it manually ... then acquire a real one.

The digital arm ones can be okay, but all I know is more often then not the nurses I see eschew the digital ones - and they're fancier than ones you or I can go get - in favor of the old fashioned way ... of course they also might do that to shut me up for a little bit ... I guess I should account for that possibility.

Agreed. Nurses always say the digital ones suck, though the cheap, old one I have at home works like a charm. The new one I bought was a wrist one for 90 fucking dollars and it's garbage.

I really should just learn to do it manually. Those digital ones are unreliable at best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I could talk you through how to do take your own. It's really simple

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:39 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:

I just Youtubed it and it seems easy. I'm gonna give it a try.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
leashyourkids wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

I just Youtubed it and it seems easy. I'm gonna give it a try.

Yeah you will hear the return in the stethoscope (a quality stethoscope is better than spending extra on the cuff, I have a nice 100$ courtesy of the Army) and also see the kick back on the ticker. Just let off the pressure at a slow to moderate pace, don't let it wind down too fast.

The diastolic is the easiest. Once the sound is gone that is your #

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:45 pm 

Sweet, thanks. The internet really is useful.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:35 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
leashyourkids wrote:

I bought a digital unit to use at home and earlier this year I was getting some crazy readings like that and stayed home from work because I convinced
myself I wasn't feeling well. I had a physical at the doctor and my BP was normal. She said if the arm band was too tight you will get inaccurate readings.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Furious Styles wrote:
Best friend from HS and best man in my wedding hanged himself over the weekend. We fell out of touch a number of years ago, but this fucking hurts.

Awful news Furious. Really sorry to hear, that has to feel horrible.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sorry Furious. Any way it happens when you start losing HS pals things get a little more real.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Condolences FS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:56 am 

Sorry to hear FS.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:42 am 

woke up early and was all set to go vote at the place down the street. waited in line and everything.

just for them to tell me my voting polling place has changed. this screws up my whole morning now. thanks obama!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Furious Styles wrote:

yikes sorry for the loss.

a good friend of my daughters best friend shot herself in the head at 13 years old last week. We had to sit down and break the news to my daughter who didn't even know yet that doing such a thing was even an option. was so far the hardest thing we've had to do as parents. she was devastated and there was nothing i could do. powerless to make her feel better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Damn sorry for your loss Furious.

And damn sorry to hear about that hnd.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:19 am 

wow i didn't even read the posts above the one i posted. that's terrible, FS, and hnd as well.

out of all the people i've lost in the past few years, and my whole life i think, i haven't known anyone personally who has committed suicide. there was a sort of peripheral friend i had back in high school that i worked with that had committed suicide years ago. didn't find out about it until around our HS reunion. it was still a bit of a gut check because we did share some good times when we knew each other.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
conferences with exhibit halls where there is no dedicated show time. i'm supposed to sit here for 3 days 8 hours a day and only see customers/potential customers during the 10 minutes between sessions. long periods of the day i'm sitting here trying to be productive in other ways but its wholly inconvenient. its like 10 minutes of intense business, not getting to everyone, then 50 minutes of nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I'm going a little crazy right now worrying about my eight-year-old son. He's having some problems now that have no easy answer, and perhaps don't have an answer at all. I may not sleep for the next 15 years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Damn that's tough.

Hopefully it all works itself out TM.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
I'm going a little crazy right now worrying about my eight-year-old son. He's having some problems now that have no easy answer, and perhaps don't have an answer at all. I may not sleep for the next 15 years.

Been thinking about this all day. It's funny, but sometimes these things work out ok. Other times, they don't work out, but somehow you get used to it. I know you already know this, but I was just thinking about my own kids . . . how one will never be independent, how another is not different enough to not feel the pain that brings but probably too different to take care of herself, and how the middle one is going to be fine. It's scary as hell, but you get through it every day. Again, I know you know this; I am just thinking out loud here.

Anyway, I was thinking about this all day. Hope it works out ok. You certainly seemed balanced enough to deal with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:07 pm 

TM sorry to hear this man. Going through troubles that involve our kids is heart breaking. Hopeful that there is an answer that is shown quickly

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:11 pm 

Best of luck, TM. Positivity is a powerful thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:33 pm 

Midge, I'm really pulling for your son . God bless.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
tommy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Been thinking about this all day. It's funny, but sometimes these things work out ok. Other times, they don't work out, but somehow you get used to it. I know you already know this, but I was just thinking about my own kids . . . how one will never be independent, how another is not different enough to not feel the pain that brings but probably too different to take care of herself, and how the middle one is going to be fine. It's scary as hell, but you get through it every day. Again, I know you know this; I am just thinking out loud here.

Anyway, I was thinking about this all day. Hope it works out ok. You certainly seemed balanced enough to deal with it.

Sorry to hear that TM and Tommy. Hope it all works out for the both of you. God knows I have sleepless nights about my middle child and his future. Not entirely sure he isn’t in same boat as the second child tommy mentioned. Has cost me many a sleepless night over the past few years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I love ya midge.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Thanks for the positive thoughts, everyone. My kid is going through a lot right now. We're doing everything we can for him. Hopefully it will make a difference.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:06 am 

Sorry FS

Good luck and stay positive TM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 190  Next