It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:04 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
My dad finally succumbed to his cancer this afternoon. Hard to be there and watch but happy that he no longer has to suffer. Special thanks to those of you I’ve had pm conversations with about his condition. He is in a better place and it is comforting to know he and my younger brother are together again.

Very sorry man. Lost my dad many years ago. I was always thankful I was there to get to say my final goodbye. Wish you and yours well!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
That sucks T-Bone. Glad you were there for him at the end.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Damn tbone sorry to hear that.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Sorry tbone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:21 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Sorry T-Bone. I was there at the end with my father also.

I was always glad about that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:21 pm 

Sorry brother.

But it sounds as if he and your family deserve a New Orleans style funeral celebration.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Sorry T-Bone.

It sounds like you handled it really well and had great memories up until the end. That takes courage.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:28 pm 

Sorry to hear it T-Bone.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Sincere condolences, T-Bone.

Recently lost my dad as well. I was on my way less than an hour away when he passed.

Mom passed less than 3 months later.

It's tough. PM me if/when you need to. God bless.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sorry for your loss and sorry I missed this.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Well,they are starting to install ordering kiosks at stadiums now. The UC has them for a few spots,how much money do these jagoffs need?

Edit:sorry once again Kindle auto correct changes shit after I make sure it is correct.

Last edited by chaspoppcap on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
What?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Hey T-bone, sorry I missed your post. Deepest condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
GoldenJet wrote:
Hey T-bone, sorry I missed your post. Deepest condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father.

Same here, T-Bone; my heartfelt condolences sent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
My condolences tbone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Thanks to all for the kind words and condolences. My complain this week goes out to Kansas City International airport. For a relatively large city
and metro area I have never been in such a crappy airport. It makes LaGuardia look pretty good. I have been in nicer regional airports. Very little
seating, one restaurant to sit and have a beer and very few bathrooms in the concourse. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

The recent renovations in LaGuardia are pretty nice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
T-Bone wrote:
Thanks to all for the kind words and condolences. My complain this week goes out to Kansas City International airport. For a relatively large city
and metro area I have never been in such a crappy airport. It makes LaGuardia look pretty good. I have been in nicer regional airports. Very little
seating, one restaurant to sit and have a beer and very few bathrooms in the concourse. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I was stuck in the KC airport for like 9 hours on my way home from a training thing back when I fixed copiers. Awful airport. The only plus was the bartender at the only bar on the concourse pouring me 2 for ones....pre-9/11, drunk was the best way to fly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:56 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I was stuck in the KC airport for like 9 hours on my way home from a training thing back when I fixed copiers. Awful airport. The only plus was the bartender at the only bar on the concourse pouring me 2 for ones....pre-9/11, drunk was the best way to fly.

Doesn't sound like it has improved at all. There was a really dark and depressing Jose Cuervo Mexican restaurant which was the only place serving
drinks. I sat and had a beer while I watched the Pats vs Steelers game. $10 for a 22 oz Sam Adams '76. I left there and went out to find a seat
15 minutes before my flight and took quite a while to secure one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:58 pm 

C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
The recent renovations in LaGuardia are pretty nice.

There were renovations? I was there this summer and again this fall and didn't really notice. It was my first visits there so maybe it was even worse
before that. I expected more out of the mighty NYC. Flew out of JFK and didn't think that was too bad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I like KCI.

I don't usually drink in airports and you can show up like 30 minutes before your flight without worrying about missing it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:14 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I like KCI.

I don't usually drink in airports and you can show up like 30 minutes before your flight without worrying about missing it.

In my lifetime I think that I've had two drinks ever. But I am guilty of enjoying most of my airport experiences.

Except Miami.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I like KCI.

In my lifetime I think that I've had two drinks ever. But I am guilty of enjoying most of my airport experiences.

Except Miami.

Never been to Miami.

KCI was an open airport before 9/11. Walk in and all the gates were in front of you in each terminal. Now it has a line for like every four gates. TSA spends a fortune there because of the need for so many more people to operate the security set up.

Getting stuck there for 9 hours would REALLY suck though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
KC is fine if you're trying to get in/out fast. The downside of smaller airports is getting stuck in one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
KC is fine if you're trying to get in/out fast. The downside of smaller airports is getting stuck in one.

I spent 5 hours in Hartford last year...not bad for a small airport...nice craft beer bar right past security with relatively cheap prices...got a book and sat and read and had a couple of beverages...great experience for a small airport.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:32 pm 

I usually enjoy a beer before flying because I don't really like flying in general. I feel a bit claustrophobic and helpless on a plane.
Not generally a good idea to have a marathon drinking session at the airport for no other reason than it gets really expensive quickly.
It certainly was easy to navigate so technically you could add that to the positive category. My flight was from KC to Milwaukee, so
just over an hour. I was thankful because I had the middle seat and just before they closed the doors a large 300 plus guy came walking
down the aisle. My wife laughed at me and said, "he's sitting next to you guaranteed". As per usual, she was exactly right. I'm not a
small guy either so let's just say it was not possible to put down the arm rest and I had to lean over to my left the entire hour. :eye:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
sjboyd0137 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I spent 5 hours in Hartford last year...not bad for a small airport...nice craft beer bar right past security with relatively cheap prices...got a book and sat and read and had a couple of beverages...great experience for a small airport.

I've been stuck in so many that they all blend together. I had a nightmare coming back from Columbus as a Southwest airplane had a tire problem. The airport is not that small, but everything shuts down at like 10:00 PM or something. LaGuardia sucks once you are past security. Most of the food options are before security. I've gotten in the car and driven when flights were popped off in MN and Cincy (Kentucky yes Cincy's airport is in KY).

Hartford is one of the few that I haven't been through.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Lost a friend two nights ago. He was a bartender at Hitz Pizza in Mundelein. The wife and I saw him last Wednesday night. He was heading northbound on Rte 41 at Wadsworth road, in front of The Shanty, and rear-ended a stopped semi. His phone was on the floor in an open text screen.

I've linked the story, but the pictures are awful. This is what can happen when traveling at 45mph and hitting an 80,000lb semi.

https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2018/12/17/man-killed-after-car-goes-underneath-semi-tractor-trailer-truck-in-wadsworth/?fbclid=IwAR21ls3o72Tb5XcbVQvfmzZr2x7cTlt8V9lDq7nKZYVeLz4DIeFjA7pDBFA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Jesus.

Sorry to hear doug.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sorry. So easy to get distracted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 190  Next