It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
A friend of mine worked with him. She posted about it on FB. Really sad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Lost a friend two nights ago. He was a bartender at Hitz Pizza in Mundelein. The wife and I saw him last Wednesday night. He was heading northbound on Rte 41 at Wadsworth road, in front of The Shanty, and rear-ended a stopped semi. His phone was on the floor in an open text screen.

I've linked the story, but the pictures are awful. This is what can happen when traveling at 45mph and hitting an 80,000lb semi.

https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2018/12/17/man-killed-after-car-goes-underneath-semi-tractor-trailer-truck-in-wadsworth/?fbclid=IwAR21ls3o72Tb5XcbVQvfmzZr2x7cTlt8V9lDq7nKZYVeLz4DIeFjA7pDBFA

Saw the story recently in the local paper. Sorry to hear about your friend. I catch myself doing that kind of thing when stopped at a stoplight and
usually put the phone down. Only takes one or two seconds for something horrific to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
Lost a friend two nights ago. He was a bartender at Hitz Pizza in Mundelein. The wife and I saw him last Wednesday night. He was heading northbound on Rte 41 at Wadsworth road, in front of The Shanty, and rear-ended a stopped semi. His phone was on the floor in an open text screen.

I've linked the story, but the pictures are awful. This is what can happen when traveling at 45mph and hitting an 80,000lb semi.

https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2018/12/17/man-killed-after-car-goes-underneath-semi-tractor-trailer-truck-in-wadsworth/?fbclid=IwAR21ls3o72Tb5XcbVQvfmzZr2x7cTlt8V9lDq7nKZYVeLz4DIeFjA7pDBFA

Saw the story recently in the local paper. Sorry to hear about your friend. I catch myself doing that kind of thing when stopped at a stoplight and
usually put the phone down. Only takes one or two seconds for something horrific to happen.

I notice myself getting caught up in the new vehicle's big control center screen. Music, nav or anything can just make you realize oh shit I shouldn't do that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
T-Bone wrote:

I am very sorry for each of your losses.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:36 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Thanks to all for the kind words and condolences. My complain this week goes out to Kansas City International airport. For a relatively large city
and metro area I have never been in such a crappy airport. It makes LaGuardia look pretty good. I have been in nicer regional airports. Very little
seating, one restaurant to sit and have a beer and very few bathrooms in the concourse. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

It is an absolute pit, just awful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
While it's unfortunate that those 2 cops got killed by a train.. WTF.. you gotta be fucking kidding me with this procession. Streets going east n west closed for an hour from 79th to 111th on Western Ave.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
312 DiCaro over here...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:59 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Thanks to all for the kind words and condolences. My complain this week goes out to Kansas City International airport. For a relatively large city
and metro area I have never been in such a crappy airport. It makes LaGuardia look pretty good. I have been in nicer regional airports. Very little
seating, one restaurant to sit and have a beer and very few bathrooms in the concourse. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

It is an absolute pit, just awful.

As bad as it sucks, it is not as bad as the drive. Took off yesterday at 3:45 AM and pulled in my driveway at 12:45pm. That is with minimal
breaks for bathrooms, gas and food.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
T-Bone wrote:
As bad as it sucks, it is not as bad as the drive. Took off yesterday at 3:45 AM and pulled in my driveway at 12:45pm. That is with minimal

Road trips aren't bad...but that drive has absolutely nothing around it to see....did you go through Iowa?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:21 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Road trips aren't bad...but that drive has absolutely nothing around it to see....did you go through Iowa?

We rented a big SUV so at least it was a comfortable drive. That is about my limit for driving in the car before I want to strangle someone with my bare
hands. We took off from Lawrence, KS and went up to Des Moines and across. Up through Rockford and across southern WI. The landscape is rolling
and surprisingly not flat for a lot of it but absolutely nothing to look at. Because I got started early I was able to get past Des Moines before the sun even
came up which helped, although I have no idea how I stayed awake and alert. It was highway hypnosis the whole time. I got home and then had to return
the car, go grocery shopping and then pick the dog up from the kennel. I didn't get to sit and relax until 4pm. Back at work this morning at 6am. ugh....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Thats a quick turnaround. Hope you had a nice holiday all things considered.

This is a dead week at work. There won't be much of anything going on until the 2nd.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:55 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Thats a quick turnaround. Hope you had a nice holiday all things considered.

This is a dead week at work. There won't be much of anything going on until the 2nd.

Only a little bit of drama with the step daughter and my step son called his dad to tell him how bored he was and how he wished he was back home and
not with us. That really hurt his mom's feelings so I don't believe we will be taking him with us on future trips anymore. ha ha He's 15 so it
isn't a big surprise, but he did the same thing when we took him and his sister to NYC. I am not going to make the effort to spend money to take him
anywhere in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Dick thing to say for sure but I'd bet he is missing parties and things at home. It was a drag to travel at Christmas between the ages of 12 and 17 or so. I wouldn't take it personally.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:30 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Dick thing to say for sure but I'd bet he is missing parties and things at home. It was a drag to travel at Christmas between the ages of 12 and 17 or so. I wouldn't take it personally.

Yeah I try not to take it personally. I realize it is a hard age. His dad also gives him a lot of guilt trips for not being with him which doesn't help. We haven't had him for a Xmas trip to see his moms side of the family in two years because it is so difficult to get his dad to agree. I essentially tried to explain that it is important to try to have some time with his cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents while he still can and that when he turns 18 he can decide what he wants to do on the holidays. I was more upset because it hurt my wife. I personally don't care if he comes or not. It's easier to travel without him. Based on my own family experiences of late just tried to impress upon him the importance of family time and that you aren't going to be best friends with your cousins but it is good to build a relationship with them. I never had that as my family moved all the time and we never lived close to my aunts and uncles.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
T-Bone wrote:

Yeah I try not to take it personally. I realize it is a hard age. His dad also gives him a lot of guilt trips for not being with him which doesn't help. We haven't had him for a Xmas trip to see his moms side of the family in two years because it is so difficult to get his dad to agree. I essentially tried to explain that it is important to try to have some time with his cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents while he still can and that when he turns 18 he can decide what he wants to do on the holidays. I was more upset because it hurt my wife. I personally don't care if he comes or not. It's easier to travel without him. Based on my own family experiences of late just tried to impress upon him the importance of family time and that you aren't going to be best friends with your cousins but it is good to build a relationship with them. I never had that as my family moved all the time and we never lived close to my aunts and uncles.

As a teenager he isn't going to care about that especially if he doesn't have much of a relationship with them. It sucked waking up in somebody else's house for Christmas then making mindless small talk for 5 days while you missed parties at home and boyfriends or guys you like were hooking up with other girls. A few activities other than visiting would have gone a long way for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I think teens in those situations don’t manipulate to better either side of parents. I think if it’s in their nature to manipulate for their benefit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:40 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

As a teenager he isn't going to care about that especially if he doesn't have much of a relationship with them. It sucked waking up in somebody else's house for Christmas then making mindless small talk for 5 days while you missed parties at home and boyfriends or guys you like were hooking up with other girls. A few activities other than visiting would have gone a long way for me.

He will get his wish to be home moving forward if I have my way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

Do you think his dad gives him ice cream?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:55 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Do you think his dad gives him ice cream?

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:49 am 
100000 CLUB

AJ has a bit of a cold I think. Runny, stuffy nose. Anyway, foe the most part he is acting fine but my wife uses this booger sucker contraption to help clear out his nose. I can't be in the room when she does it for some reason, it gives me the heebie-jeebies. Diapers, medicine, spit up... none of that bothers me, but this crazy little mechanism sends a chill up my spine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Frank Coztansa wrote:
AJ has a bit of a cold I think. Runny, stuffy nose. Anyway, foe the most part he is acting fine but my wife uses this booger sucker contraption to help clear out his nose. I can't be in the room when she does it for some reason, it gives me the heebie-jeebies. Diapers, medicine, spit up... none of that bothers me, but this crazy little mechanism sends a chill up my spine.

Is it the suction ball thing? The girls hated that thing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Is it the suction ball thing? The girls hated that thing.

Nose frita?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:50 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
My wife had to put her uncle in a nursing home today. I feel bad for her because it has been a long time coming, he shouldn't have been living on his own for some time, and just sort of fell to her. But moreso because for the forseeable future whenever we get into a argument I'm going to say "please don't put me in a home!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
My wife's brother lives out of state and we don't see him that often but he has 2 kids of his own and one step kid. We send the kids xmas presesnts every year. He "apparently" says thanks on the phone when he talks to my wife. The thing is....he and his family have not sent shit to our kids in 3 years. Her mom makes up some bullshit like they had a rough year...blah blah fuck fuck you. So my wife wont say shit to anyone and just keeps sending them stuff. I actually text back and forth with him quite a bit about stupid stuff like football and baseball. I want to light him the fuck up about this but I'm sure it will end with me being in a worse place that blowing the money on the non-recipricated gifts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:12 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I want to light him the fuck up about this but I'm sure it will end with me being in a worse place that blowing the money on the non-recipricated gifts.

Smart man. It's best to just come here and bitch and try to forget about it. But that would piss me off too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
In the new Duck Tales, Huey, Dewey, and Louie have adult voices. Total bullshit. I can't even watch.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
There are new Duck Tales?

And why are you watching them?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Peoria Matt wrote:

I have great taste in cartoons?

My kid is watching them, of course. I watch cartoons with her. I'm not proud.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:20 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I have great taste in cartoons?

My kid is watching them, of course. I watch cartoons with her. I'm not proud.

You should be proud. Any time with your girl is time well spent!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
In the new Duck Tales, Huey, Dewey, and Louie have adult voices. Total bullshit. I can't even watch.

Did they change from last year? They were still kid voices then.

I like David Tennant as Uncle Scrooge.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 190  Next