It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: DD214 Challenge
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:07 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
veganfan21 wrote:
Yeah jorr you're off on this one. It's very clear that the service thing is what's triggering FF and not hawk's politics. What makes hawk obnoxious to me (and maybe to MANY) is not his politics but his style. Dragging beefs into every thread and recycling the same cliched partisan insults etc across multiple threads. Sort of like recent beefs between other posters

But why? He's calling the guy a liar. Why pick one guy and question who he claims to be? This is probably a road we don't want to go down.

Furthermore, he's offered to provide the documents that FavreFan demanded and that apparently isn't enough. Now FavreFan is demanding more protocols. The Hawk isn't the one calling people liars based on nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
I imagine that the politics of Toxic and FF are also different. Somehow FF respects and doesn't question his service. I think that it's really cheap and insulting to use politics to dismiss a veteran's gripe about someone else lying about their service. IIRC even Toxic questioned his resume based on a post about guns.

Should everyone here who has claimed military service be required to show documentation?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:10 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
I imagine that the politics of Toxic and FF are also different. Somehow FF respects and doesn't question his service. I think that it's really cheap and insulting to use politics to dismiss a veteran's gripe about someone else lying about their service. IIRC even Toxic questioned his resume based on a post about guns.

I have had people on here (notice how they are ducking like hell now) question my academic credentials for at least 2 years now. It can be annoying. He shouldn't have to validate anything in order to be allowed to continue posting here. Its an anonymous message board.

I do understand how insulting something like that can be. That's why I was initially hesitant to cross over and question him myself until very recently. Of course he doesn't have to do anything and I doubt that he will. He's a character. There are so MANY things that point to him being a mult or a troll.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:12 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
I think Hawk and Bootstraps Max are essentially the same character.

Except you know they aren't and pretending otherwise is bullshit. I know exactly who Bootstraps Max is and I suspect you do as well. We should continue the board's longstanding tradition of not outing mults that predates us taking over the board.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
If you all believe he's a character, then all this hand-wringing is even more bizarre.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:14 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Should everyone here who has claimed military service be required to show documentation?

Most if not all are conservative or "libertarian" and no one has questioned their service based on what they post about it. If you're fine with people pretending to be soldiers and attacking the service of others then I think that you should come out and say that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Isn't it weird that in the entire searchable history of this board, there are only 4 pages worth of posts mentioning "stolen valor", and about 3 of those 4 pages are from the last week and a half, but somehow people have conjured up the idea that this community has come together and decided that Lying On The Internet About A Certain Thing crosses some line? But when a poster threatens people with doxxing and follows them around the board with toxicity, it's "put him on ignore".

Wonder why that might be?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:16 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
I think Hawk and Bootstraps Max are essentially the same character.

Except you know they aren't and pretending otherwise is bullshit. I know exactly who Bootstraps Max is and I suspect you do as well. We should continue the board's longstanding tradition of not outing mults that predates us taking over the board.

I'm not outing anyone. Their posting styles are very similar. Being the same political character and having the same puppeteer is different.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Yeah jorr you're off on this one. It's very clear that the service thing is what's triggering FF and not hawk's politics. What makes hawk obnoxious to me (and maybe to MANY) is not his politics but his style. Dragging beefs into every thread and recycling the same cliched partisan insults etc across multiple threads. Sort of like recent beefs between other posters

But why? He's calling the guy a liar. Why pick one guy and question who he claims to be? This is probably a road we don't want to go down.

Furthermore, he's offered to provide the documents that FavreFan demanded and that apparently isn't enough. Now FavreFan is demanding more protocols. The Hawk isn't the one calling people liars based on nothing.

He did? I guess I missed that. I have tried to follow this stuff to see if Hawk would comply.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Most if not all are conservative or "libertarian" and no one has questioned their service based on what they post about it. If you're fine with people pretending to be soldiers and attacking the service of others then I think that you should come out and say that.

Nice strawman. I don't know Frank Drebin or Toxic Masculinity or Godfella anymore than I know The Hawk. The only guys here I know 100% served in the military are FavreFan and pittmike. And frankly, if some asshole wants to play war hero on the Internet to "impress" strangers, I'm not going to flip my lid over that. If you want to make this a board where every person- not just one you don't like- has to post a legitimate resume I think that you should come out and say that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hawk sucks the soul out the board for sure, but I think FF being drunk and high chasing the guy around demanding verification is the real problem.

Maybe it’s time for an intervention.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I hope FF is prepared to provide ticket stubs to prove he attended the LeBron game coming up. Cant have people lying on the message board.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:24 am 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:
I hope FF is prepared to provide ticket stubs to prove he attended the LeBron game coming up. Cant have people lying on the message board.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:25 am 

there is a foe button for a reason

I don’t know that reason because I’ve never used it

I hear it is valuable in curating your own message board within a message board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:26 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Nice strawman. I don't know Frank Drebin or Toxic Masculinity or Godfella anymore than I know The Hawk. The only guys here I know 100% served in the military are FavreFan and pittmike. And frankly, if some asshole wants to play war hero on the Internet to "impress" strangers, I'm not going to flip my lid over that. If you want to make this a board where every person- not just one you don't like- has to post a legitimate resume I think that you should come out and say that.

If you want to equate lying about military service with lying about a job or the car you drive you can. The Wisemen aren't requiring Hawk to do anything. FF offered him $100 to prove it. He can accept or decline the offer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:28 am 

It’s like veterans trying to stop flag burners: I understand the anger but it’s antithetical to why we honor your service in the first place

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:28 am 

Whats the difference ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Who knew McCarthyism was so revered at CFMB?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
DD214 sound like a sex act popular in the DFW metroplex.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Before I'm asked to provide a fecal sample, I'd like to make it known I'm not really a rodent.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:38 am 

Rat wrote:
Before I'm asked to provide a fecal sample, I'd like to make it known I'm not really a rodent.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: The Invisible Slice
Nas wrote:

If you want to equate lying about military service with lying about a job or the car you drive you can. The Wisemen aren't requiring Hawk to do anything. FF offered him $100 to prove it. He can accept or decline the offer.

This is the lede and you guys are burying it. There's a brief window of time for boared veterans to tap into a lucrative opportunity here that is unregulated by the wisemen whatsoever. Toxic, Drebin, PittMike, and so on, would be wise to create demand for thier own bona fides and strike it while it's hot.

I have neither the time, or the inclination, to explain myself to a man who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very economic growth that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:46 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Hawk is obnoxious. Not sure why FF thinks it's wrong for the Hawk to lie about serving but it's okay for FF to lie about his own basketball acumen.

It's not the lying about his service which is offending; it's the statement of him receiving Purple Heart(s) and other decorations. If he was doing this in public, and seeking benefits or donations, he could arrested for violating the Stolen Valor Act of 2013.

You have to understand someone engaging in Stolen Valor is very offensive to us veterans because they portray themselves as heroes for financial gain or attention when in fact they never had the testicular fortitude to even serve in the military.

Look. You say you were in the military and I believe it. Why would you or anyone lie about it? Also, FOR THE RECORD I never claimed anything about TWO PURPLE HEARTS. That is a BIG FAT LIE THAT FF started as the piece of shit that he is. I also never bragged a bit about being a hero. Never. That also is a big fucking lie.

For the RECORD, I was the one accused of Stolen Valor by FF who had no grounds to say that. I am the fucking one being accused not the other way around. And I am PISSED ROYALLY ABOUT IT. You'd be also if it were you and you served honorably and so would anyone else here. I decry STOLEN VALOR but I ALSO decry cock suckers who accuse a veteran of such a thing without a bit of fucking proof. Seriously, if I ever got ahold of a cocksucker who did it, I'd try my level best to kick their fucking ass..

This is the fucking last time I am going to say this because I shouldn't have to prove a fucking thing. I will send a copy of my DD214 and a copy of my Veterans Disability award (80%) and picture of my uniform together with my DISABLED VETERAN ID card that veterans use to obtain medical treatment at the hospitals and clinics to ONE person in management(not NAS) who is also a fucking piece of shit also for his also saying I am a Stolen Valor person. It will be via letter and not electronically as I do not trust anyone to properly protect electronic information this important.

IN return to jumping through fucking hoops for a cock-sucker like FF, he will remit to me $100.00 via this same management person. No management person, no letter and proof sent. What I do with that money I haven't decided yet but it will go to a veteran's charity of some kind. I will not trust anyone else to do it if I delegated it to anyone else. I do not know a single person on this board so why should I trust anyone with MY MONEY?

I want you as a veteran to understand how pissed off that I am about this bullshit. Personally I think that FF is the person who should be kicked off of this board no matter if he pays off or not. His apology, if given even, is really pretty fucking weak considering the fucking insult he has leveled. Fuck him and anyone else who thinks like him.

It is now in managements court. Send me the name and address to send my information to if this is going to go ahead.

I will send the $100 to you personally, not via anybody else. That will be part of verifying you are who you say you are. I still don’t believe a word you’re saying.

I'd be more than willing to be the intermediary, but this whole thing is bullshit.

It seems somewhat pointless because it appears that FF is setting it up not to accept his proof.

If you want the truth, I think this entire attack on a guy because you don't like his politics is shameful. Just say you don't like the guy like I do with McNown rather than accusing him of being a liar without any proof.

Do we need to verify everyone who says anything on this board lest they be attacked by a micromob?

Bullshit. I’ve made it clear what I will accept as proof and it shouldn’t be hard for him to do.

Your last sentence is bullshit too and I’ve already addressed the “who cares if someone lies on the internet” crowd.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:49 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Bullshit. I’ve made it clear what I will accept as proof and it shouldn’t be hard for him to do.

Your last sentence is bullshit too and I’ve already addressed the “who cares if someone lies on the internet” crowd.

It's not bullshit. You're acting like you're some kind of judge or king. "What I will accept." He should really tell you to go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's not bullshit. You're acting like you're some kind of judge or king. "What I will accept." He should really tell you to go fuck yourself.

Yes, it is bullshit, because you know this has almost nothing to do with his politics and that’s been made quite clear. You and others don’t find lying about service any different than lying about what breakfast you had this morning. That’s fine. Some of us don’t agree with that line of thinking.

I agree, he should tell me to do that, because I’m quite sure he never served and won’t be able to prove he did.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Who knew McCarthyism was so revered at CFMB?

Too bad the Packers fired him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:55 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yes, it is bullshit, because you know this has almost nothing to do with his politics and that’s been made quite clear. You and others don’t find lying about service any different than lying about what breakfast you had this morning. That’s fine. Some of us don’t agree with that line of thinking.

I agree, he should tell me to do that, because I’m quite sure he never served and won’t be able to prove he did.

First, I have no idea if he's lying. You- for whatever reason- have decided he is and you're on it like a fucking dog on a bone.

But what's going to happen, now that your started this, if he provides the documents? Tell me you aren't going to question their authenticity.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:59 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

First, I have no idea if he's lying. You- for whatever reason- have decided he is and you're on it like a fucking dog on a bone.

But what's going to happen, now that your started this, if he provides the documents? Tell me you aren't going to question their authenticity.

I made it clear in the OP what I will accept as proof. And yes, it’s my money, so I’m fine using that phrase even if it triggers you.

As Panther alluded to, sending a copy of a document by itself wouldn’t be all that difficult to do for a non veteran. It would be very easy to comply with the terms I listed in the OP.

If he provides the documentation and photo that I asked I will of course send him the $100 like I said.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
I will send mine to The Wisemen. If The Hawk doesn’t send his, along with documentation of his two Purple Hearts, in a non-internet, original photo with historical corroboration, please delete this mult/character/IP address(I know that won’t mean much). If he passes that test and is verified as real I will send The Hawk $100 and a sincere apology.

Management, this is starting to bother me personally and it’s my best idea to solve it. I don’t like the idea of the most despised poster on here pretending he’s a veteran with 2 Purple Hearts when really he’s an asshole with a keyboard and nothing else, and I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is to get him to be gone from this board.

Your move.

As you might recall, I said my piece and then I said I'd shut the fuck up. I did, and I now applaud you. Much respect to you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:10 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I made it clear in the OP what I will accept as proof. And yes, it’s my money, so I’m fine using that phrase even if it triggers you.

As Panther alluded to, sending a copy of a document by itself wouldn’t be all that difficult to do for a non veteran. It would be very easy to comply with the terms I listed in the OP.

If he provides the documentation and photo that I asked I will of course send him the $100 like I said.

I'm not triggered. I'm thinking about the future of the board beyond your little beef with something MANY insist is a mult. What's to stop Psycory from getting a bug up his ass and demanding to see LTG's Master's Degree. I know you are suddenly expressing the idea of some higher honor regarding military service and you're going to say, once again, that it isn't the same thing. That's fine, but maybe a guy with an advanced degree would be offended by a guy he didn't like and thought was a liar pretending to have one. (For the record, I'm not suggesting LTG is pretending.)

We can agree that claiming military service when one did not serve is dishonorable. But do you find honor in wantonly declaring someone a liar without any evidence? If it turns out he did serve, won't that make you dishonorable to such a degree that paying $100 won't be sufficient restitution? Is it really worth putting yourself in such a position?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 62  Next