It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: DD214 Challenge
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Well, there is a reason I set the terms. I didn’t “add protocols” like you suggested. I corrected The Hawk on what the original ones were. I’m sure I’m not wrong, it’s why I made the post and the offer and spelled out the terms as I did.

Yes, I will look like a major douchebag if I’m wrong. Oh well, that’s life. I’m quite sure I’m not on this one.

Also, I’d advise familiarizing yourself with what we are discussing if you think I’m the one “suddenly expressing” lying about military service being different than any other lie. I’m not the one who coined the term stolen valor.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I feel bad for FF. Hawk isn’t bothering me as much as him I guess. It is really not a good thing to have out there but all this verification stuff is a little busy.

What if today you give Hawk a one time offer to fix it that is easier? If he comes clean and is faking it he states so and we never mention it again. If it is true he can certainly continue and we have to assume someone wouldn’t lie after having been given that chance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:21 am 

pittmike wrote:
What if today you give Hawk a one time offer to fix it that is easier? If he comes clean and is faking it he states so and we never mention it again. If it is true he can certainly continue and we have to assume someone wouldn’t lie after having been given that chance.

Oh of course I would happily agree to this. No chance he does though, imo.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
The guy who started and continues to post in this thread once called me the most hated board member for trying to get a poster banned for routinely wishing death upon me and threatening to doxx me.

Shut the fuck up for the rest of ever, FF.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bullshit. I’ve made it clear what I will accept as proof and it shouldn’t be hard for him to do.

Your last sentence is bullshit too and I’ve already addressed the “who cares if someone lies on the internet” crowd.

It's not bullshit. You're acting like you're some kind of judge or king. "What I will accept." He should really tell you to go fuck yourself.

Yes, it is bullshit, because you know this has almost nothing to do with his politics and that’s been made quite clear. You and others don’t find lying about service any different than lying about what breakfast you had this morning. That’s fine. Some of us don’t agree with that line of thinking.

I agree, he should tell me to do that, because I’m quite sure he never served and won’t be able to prove he did.

First, I have no idea if he's lying. You- for whatever reason- have decided he is and you're on it like a fucking dog on a bone.

But what's going to happen, now that your started this, if he provides the documents? Tell me you aren't going to question their authenticity.

I made it clear in the OP what I will accept as proof. And yes, it’s my money, so I’m fine using that phrase even if it triggers you.

As Panther alluded to, sending a copy of a document by itself wouldn’t be all that difficult to do for a non veteran. It would be very easy to comply with the terms I listed in the OP.

If he provides the documentation and photo that I asked I will of course send him the $100 like I said.

I'm not triggered. I'm thinking about the future of the board beyond your little beef with something MANY insist is a mult. What's to stop Psycory from getting a bug up his ass and demanding to see LTG's Master's Degree. I know you are suddenly expressing the idea of some higher honor regarding military service and you're going to say, once again, that it isn't the same thing. That's fine, but maybe a guy with an advanced degree would be offended by a guy he didn't like and thought was a liar pretending to have one. (For the record, I'm not suggesting LTG is pretending.)

We can agree that claiming military service when one did not serve is dishonorable. But do you find honor in wantonly declaring someone a liar without any evidence? If it turns out he did serve, won't that make you dishonorable to such a degree that paying $100 won't be sufficient restitution? Is it really worth putting yourself in such a position?

It only matters what Hawk's motivations are. It only matters if it's worth it to HIM the 100 bucks and the SINCERE apology. A sincere apology is nothing to sneeze at. It's tangible, it's healing, and it's something we need more in this society. All parties should plod on and get this thing done.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:27 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
The guy who started and continues to post in this thread once called me the most hated board member for trying to get a poster banned for routinely wishing death upon me and threatening to doxx me.

No, I’m not gonna do that.

I think it’s clear who’s more disliked between us.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
You two should just fuck and move on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:

No, I’m not gonna do that.

I think it’s clear who’s more disliked between us.
The point wasn't to say that we now inspire the same amount of contempt. It was that at the time you thought my efforts to remove someone from the community were so egregious that I was deserving of being the most disliked, yet here you are trying to get someone banned for lying on the internet. And no, it doesn't matter the subject of the lie; You think Hawk is lying about something, and because it is extremely personal to you, you want him banned. Stop trying to pretend what you accuse him of is objectively heinous, because it isn't.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222

You are the worst. You just had to make this about you too. UNBELIEVABLE!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
So is FF going to obtain the power to ban people?

Also, what if FF is the poster behind Hawk?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:52 am 

Nas wrote:

I provided perspective that just happened to involve me. The point isn't ME, it's to point out how disingenuous FF is being.

But hey, keep my name out of your mouth, sunshine. Go back to getting rolled by the other admins.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
IMU wrote:
I know you're proud of graduating high school, but most of us did. We're not going to ask for your diploma.

:lol:

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
I imagine that the politics of Toxic and FF are also different. Somehow FF respects and doesn't question his service. I think that it's really cheap and insulting to use politics to dismiss a veteran's gripe about someone else lying about their service. IIRC even Toxic questioned his resume based on a post about guns.

I have had people on here (notice how they are ducking like hell now) question my academic credentials for at least 2 years now. It can be annoying. He shouldn't have to validate anything in order to be allowed to continue posting here. Its an anonymous message board.

Well when you keep claiming an ambiguous number of degrees in different areas that allow you to "lock me up", one starts to wonder....

For example:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=106984&p=2740052&hilit=history+backs+it+up+bin+laden#p2740052

long time guy wrote:

Dude I actually due this for a living and have a Master's degree in the subject. I will be happy to lock up with clowns like you any day. Anyone can cherry pick. There are plenty of books on the subject of Bin Laden's motivation. One such book the Bin Laden's by Steve Coll perfectly surmises the issue.

Again when you feel like locking up let's rock. This is what the fuck I do. Religion is the American backed narrative. If it were about Islam he would not have volunteered to fight Hussein.

History backs it up. Not right wing spin conducted by message board hacks.

Or:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=107285&p=2749694&hilit=master%27s+degree#p2749694
long time guy wrote:

You're due for a market correction. It's Master's pal. Don't short the stock!

Or:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=111827&p=2963414&hilit=degree#p2963414
long time guy wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
For a sports message board, we have an amazing number of political pundits.

Like Leash i too have a degree in Political Science.

Or:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=102576&p=2628552&hilit=degree#p2628552
long time guy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Might be a good time for IMU and ltg to hit up a couple of history books.

I actually have a Master's degree in history and have read numerous books on the Middle East. I have read a number of books on the geopolitical situation in that part of the world and also written papers on it too. I don't approach the argument from a religious perspective because it is essentially a subjective argument.

I primarily focus on post WWII Cold War portion since the current situation is much more relative to what happened immediately following WWII.

So to sum it up, I'm sorry I don't want to put up 20K internet bucks to see your diplomas in "Osama Bin Laden" "Economics" "History" and "Poly Sci" Though to be fair I'm assuming you have the undergradute in poly sci

Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:01 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: Got 'em. Nice work TM.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Jbi11s wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: The Invisible Slice
Your strategy of way off base, TM. Not much of a big ROI on a tit for tat with LTG at the moment, unless you're looking to give your long-form writing skills a workout. The strongest monetary play right now is military service bonafides. Hit that before it's too late.

I have neither the time, or the inclination, to explain myself to a man who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very economic growth that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:12 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

Would be a great bit. Not that creative.

Nobody is getting banned over this either way. Settle down sally.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
The Market wrote:
Your strategy of way off base, TM. Not much of a big ROI on a tit for tat with LTG at the moment, unless you're looking to give your long-form writing skills a workout. The strongest monetary play right now is military service bonafides. Hit that before it's too late.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I'd like to see jbi11s not kicked off, but fined. Been saying this for years.

Actually, that's a great idea: We should fine people when they write egregious posts. The money can then go to lowering the monthly board fee.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Hawk was the "put up or shut up" guy. HE, HIM, HAWK, laid his ass out on the line. You put up. The guy will ban himself if he doesn't accept the challenge, otherwise, he'll be a joke. There will be no sympathy. Couldn't possibly be fun even for a mult, could it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:43 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
IMU wrote:
I know you're proud of graduating high school, but most of us did. We're not going to ask for your diploma.

:lol:

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
I imagine that the politics of Toxic and FF are also different. Somehow FF respects and doesn't question his service. I think that it's really cheap and insulting to use politics to dismiss a veteran's gripe about someone else lying about their service. IIRC even Toxic questioned his resume based on a post about guns.

I have had people on here (notice how they are ducking like hell now) question my academic credentials for at least 2 years now. It can be annoying. He shouldn't have to validate anything in order to be allowed to continue posting here. Its an anonymous message board.

Well when you keep claiming an ambiguous number of degrees in different areas that allow you to "lock me up", one starts to wonder....

For example:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=106984&p=2740052&hilit=history+backs+it+up+bin+laden#p2740052

long time guy wrote:

Dude I actually due this for a living and have a Master's degree in the subject. I will be happy to lock up with clowns like you any day. Anyone can cherry pick. There are plenty of books on the subject of Bin Laden's motivation. One such book the Bin Laden's by Steve Coll perfectly surmises the issue.

Again when you feel like locking up let's rock. This is what the fuck I do. Religion is the American backed narrative. If it were about Islam he would not have volunteered to fight Hussein.

History backs it up. Not right wing spin conducted by message board hacks.

Or:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=107285&p=2749694&hilit=master%27s+degree#p2749694
long time guy wrote:

You're due for a market correction. It's Master's pal. Don't short the stock!

Or:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=111827&p=2963414&hilit=degree#p2963414
long time guy wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
For a sports message board, we have an amazing number of political pundits.

Like Leash i too have a degree in Political Science.

Or:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=102576&p=2628552&hilit=degree#p2628552
long time guy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Might be a good time for IMU and ltg to hit up a couple of history books.

I actually have a Master's degree in history and have read numerous books on the Middle East. I have read a number of books on the geopolitical situation in that part of the world and also written papers on it too. I don't approach the argument from a religious perspective because it is essentially a subjective argument.

I primarily focus on post WWII Cold War portion since the current situation is much more relative to what happened immediately following WWII.

So to sum it up, I'm sorry I don't want to put up 20K internet bucks to see your diplomas in "Osama Bin Laden" "Economics" "History" and "Poly Sci" Though to be fair I'm assuming you have the undergradute in poly sci

Ok you obviously dispute it since you repeatedly reference it. I'm quite sure the number of times you have referenced your military service far exceeds that. How often has that been questioned? I mentioned Poli Sci once yet you somehow remembered that.

Since you and a few others obviously dispute it why don't you pool your money together (starting at 2 stacks) and i will produce anything you want about me and my academic record.

If you are that interested then put the bread up.

I will embarrass the fuck out of you that is why and for the record the number is $2,000 and the number of degrees (advanced) is 2.

Hopefully this issue will never come up again by the way.

Last edited by long time guy on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:49 pm 

Nas wrote:

Juice DiCaro

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
conns7901 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Juice DiCaro

There is video of her with Kyle Schwarber yesterday that's hilarious.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:

I provided perspective that just happened to involve me. The point isn't ME, it's to point out how disingenuous FF is being.

But hey, keep my name out of your mouth, sunshine. Go back to getting rolled by the other admins.
Cry more, Julie

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:06 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

Cry more, Julie
:roll: Weaksauce.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Agreed. You have MANY weaksauces.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Should everyone here who has claimed military service be required to show documentation?

Most if not all are conservative or "libertarian" and no one has questioned their service based on what they post about it. If you're fine with people pretending to be soldiers and attacking the service of others then I think that you should come out and say that.

That wasn't his point, dipshit. A lot of people state what they do or have done in their life. Joe Orr's point is a great one. Should we arbitrarily require someone to PROVE their credentials before agreeing to believe them. Someone else on this board has been questioned about his having a graduate degree by someone else. Joe's point is where does one draw the line. Typically you have taken what Joe said and twisted it into something that he did not say or even imply. In many respects, you are almost as bad as FF is.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Oh of course I would happily agree to this. No chance he does though, imo.

Waiting to see his response to this offer........

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:57 pm 

i referenced "lock up" nearly two years ago. Some of the "or" is him quoting the same post twice. One of them is me responding to a reference made by Leash. I don't know what the "got em" is really supposed to be since i never denied saying "lock up".
It was said 2 years ago however. At some point let it go.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:11 pm 

long time guy wrote:

i referenced "lock up" nearly two years ago. Some of the "or" is him quoting the same post twice. One of them is me responding to a reference made by Leash. I don't know what the "got em" is really supposed to be since i never denied saying "lock up".
It was said 2 years ago however. At some point let it go.
The "got 'em" was meant to congratulate TM for documenting the fact that you have claimed to have specific academic achievement (a Master's Degree) in so many fields so as to be completely and totally unbelievable. Claims that, when coupled with how often you make an ass of yourself (getting pwned by your own sources is a particular fan favorite), make it a near certainty that you are lying about some (or all) of your achievements and prowess.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:20 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Should everyone here who has claimed military service be required to show documentation?

Most if not all are conservative or "libertarian" and no one has questioned their service based on what they post about it. If you're fine with people pretending to be soldiers and attacking the service of others then I think that you should come out and say that.

That wasn't his point, dipshit. A lot of people state what they do or have done in their life. Joe Orr's point is a great one. Should we arbitrarily require someone to PROVE their credentials before agreeing to believe them. Someone else on this board has been questioned about his having a graduate degree by someone else. Joe's point is where does one draw the line. Typically you have taken what Joe said and twisted it into something that he did not say or even imply. In many respects, you are almost as bad as FF is.

There weren't any arbitrarily demands. You demanded for put up or shut up. Put up was set in place. Don't be rationalizing and justifying. This is YOUR gig. Show up or don't. But I don't want to read excuses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 62  Next