It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: DD214 Challenge
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:37 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Okay, I have received the photo from the Hawk of a dress uniform that appears to be in a display case. It features the Combat Infantryman's Badge, all his ribbons, and three full medals, the Bronze Star, Purple Heart, and one I'm not sure about but that I think may be the Army Good Conduct Medal. It has the red diamond patch of the 5th Infantry which I believe matches The Hawk's story. It also has his nameplate on it which is why I haven't posted it. If The Hawk says it's okay, I will. Or I can black out his name and post it.

Additionally, I am waiting for copies of The Hawk's documents via mail.

Im not trying to be a dick here (comes naturally) but pictures of these things dont mean much. Many here could post pictures of similar stuff from family members. If he doesnt somehow link it to the board there is no proof it's him.

Maybe its him. Maybe its a relative of his (i.e. Panther's brother in law)

Or is there some way that Hawk is proving that it's him that Im missing?

My answer to that would be to ask why are we arbitrarily putting one CFMB member to some kind of trial by proof? This whole thing should never have happened in the first place. But now the guy is sending proof and it isn't going to be accepted.

Didn't The Hawk start it all and FF eventually accepted it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Okay, I have received the photo from the Hawk of a dress uniform that appears to be in a display case. It features the Combat Infantryman's Badge, all his ribbons, and three full medals, the Bronze Star, Purple Heart, and one I'm not sure about but that I think may be the Army Good Conduct Medal. It has the red diamond patch of the 5th Infantry which I believe matches The Hawk's story. It also has his nameplate on it which is why I haven't posted it. If The Hawk says it's okay, I will. Or I can black out his name and post it.

Im not trying to be a dick here (comes naturally) but pictures of these things dont mean much. Many here could post pictures of similar stuff from family members. If he doesnt somehow link it to the board there is no proof it's him.

My answer to that would be to ask why are we arbitrarily putting one CFMB member to some kind of trial by proof? This whole thing should never have happened in the first place. But now the guy is sending proof and it isn't going to be accepted.
Its pretty sickening .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That doesn’t qualify as proof as Bryan noted and this happened because The Hawk wanted it to happen.

You have about 12 hours left Hawk.

If you don't want to pay him, don't. But what you're doing here is wrong and I think you know it. The Hawk isn't the guy in danger of losing honor here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:39 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That doesn’t qualify as proof as Bryan noted and this happened because The Hawk wanted it to happen.

You have about 12 hours left Hawk.

If you don't want to pay him, don't. But what you're doing here is wrong and I think you know it. The Hawk isn't the guy in danger of losing honor here.

He’ll get paid if he meets the terms in the OP. I think that’s always been clear.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Whether he should have to prove it or not is a separate issue.

He could have told FF to fuck off, kinda surprised he didnt. He wants to prove it apparently.

But it's completely disingenuous to act like sending documents alone proves that it's him. It might be him, it might be a family member or close friend.

That is factual, regardless of whether he SHOULD have to prove anything.

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:40 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
He’ll get paid if he meets the terms in the OP. I think that’s always been clear.

I don't think the money is really the point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Is it really arbitrary, Jorr? There are holes in this guy's story that have been pointed out by a guy who has recently served.

Also, The Hawk is making his own bed with his actions and insults to everybody who doesn't agree with him 100%. If this was a more reasonable board member, I doubt there would be any issues. Furthermore, as annoying as FF can be so to some CFMB'ers, nobody has ever questioned his service. There really hasn't been a need to. FF maybe be an asshole to some at times, but he's given us no reason to question his integrity. The Hawk came on here saying how much he loved to talk about sports, and within two days was spewing right wring rhetoric and hurling insults all over the board. He earned zero benefit of the doubt.

I suppose there is a way you might be you could track his IP against the return address he mailed these things from which might help his case.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:45 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

He could have told FF to fuck off, kinda surprised he didnt. He wants to prove it apparently.

But it's completely disengenous to act like sending documents alone proves that it's him. It might be him, it might be a family member or close friend.

And the beauty is we can all have our opinions. Me, I don't don't find it difficult at all to believe that The Hawk is a cranky 70 year old man with right-wing views who did a year in Vietnam back in 1969. Sure, maybe he has created an elaborate character, an e-mail account, found a photo of a uniform that matches what he claims (or is pretending to be someone he actually knows who did serve in Vietnam, which I would submit is immaterial on an anonymous message board where no one posts under his own name), and is using a fake name in order to take FavreFan for $100, but I'm going to apply Occam's Razor. Everyone else can believe whatever they want.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't think the money is really the point.

I don’t think it is either. And he’s waited over 4 days (and still hasn’t done) what could be done in 2 minutes.

Anyone can send it you photos of their relatives stuff. It should take less than 2 minutes to send you a photo with the message board in the background, him, and some of his stuff. Luckily for him he’s still got 12 hours left.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 am 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
There are holes in this guy's story that have been pointed out by a guy who has recently served.

There really aren't though.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Also, The Hawk is making his own bed with his actions and insults to everybody who doesn't agree with him 100%.

That's what this is about. And it's not a reason to deny his military service. Who is really stealing valor here?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:50 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
It should take less than 2 minutes to send you a photo with the message board in the background, him, and some of his stuff.

And how would we know the guy in the pic is The Hawk?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
You assholes watching a video: "I can just tell those kids are being mocking. It's so obvious that anyone who doesn't believe it is a dishonorable prick."

You assholes on photographic evidence of The Hawk's military service: "That's not enough! He could have been Dick Whitman assuming someone else's identity to post here! MUH VALORZZZ!!!"

A bunch of you need to fuck right off with your bullshit.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

But it's completely disengenous to act like sending documents alone proves that it's him. It might be him, it might be a family member or close friend.

And the beauty is we can all have our opinions. Me, I don't don't find it difficult at all to believe that The Hawk is a cranky 70 year old man with right-wing views who did a year in Vietnam back in 1969. Sure, maybe he has created an elaborate character, an e-mail account, found a photo of a uniform that matches what he claims (or is pretending to be someone he actually knows who did serve in Vietnam, which I would submit is immaterial on an anonymous message board where no one posts under his own name), and is using a fake name in order to take FavreFan for $100, but I'm going to apply Occam's Razor. Everyone else can believe whatever they want.

It's not really about opinion at this point, though. Proof is proof. What he is sending proves that he has access to these documents and pictures.

And that's fine that you dont mind if he's pretending to be someone he actually knows, but to me it's also very understandable why a veteran might take issue with that.

But if there is no proof, then no one can claim to be right. We would all still be guessing at that point.

It seems like everyone is setting up to just believe what they believed before this all started. That's fine but no one will have the grounds to say they know or it was proved.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
You assholes watching a video: "I can just tell those kids are being mocking. It's so obvious that anyone who doesn't believe it is a dishonorable prick."

You assholes on photographic evidence of The Hawk's military service: "That's not enough! He could have been Dick Whitman assuming someone else's identity to post here!"

No fucking way. No way a guy like you who has to lawyer everything up within an inch of it's life can now take the "cmon, it's probably true" stance.

Either he proves it or he doesnt and then we can all choose to believe what we want.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:56 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

You assholes on photographic evidence of The Hawk's military service: "That's not enough! He could have been Dick Whitman assuming someone else's identity to post here!"

No fucking way. No way a guy like you who has to lawyer everything up within an inch of it's life can now take the "cmon, it's probably true" stance.

Either he proves it or he doesnt and then we can all choose to believe what we want.
I'm not taking a stance, I'm mocking how quickly and easily MANY of you change your standards of proof and evidence to get the outcome you desire. Don't get cunty with me because I'm holding up a mirror and you don't like the reflected image.

Personally, I don't care whether Hawk is lying on the internet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:58 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

I'm not taking a stance, I'm mocking how quickly and easily MANY of you change your standards of proof and evidence to get the outcome you desire. Don't get cunty with me because you I'm holding up a mirror and you don't like the reflected image.

No one has changed any standards and you're not showing anything other than FF bothers you.

I have no desired outcome other than I kinda want AN outcome one way or the other. But it's becoming clear we wont get that, so whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
I don't even think Drunk Squirrel is a man of the soil. When I asked him if he hired a flamin (priest) to disembowel a rabbit and splay and read the remains for signs, he seemed not to know what I was talking about. He didn't have any aqueducts on his land, either, and he said he doesn't grow passion fruit. All a little weird if you ask me. I also requested he send me forty denarii as proof, and I still ain't got it. So there's a lot of us who apparently ain't who we say we are when we are saying who we are. And then on the other hand over here you have favoritism. So this is a board-wide problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:00 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I'm not taking a stance, I'm mocking how quickly and easily MANY of you change your standards of proof and evidence to get the outcome you desire. Don't get cunty with me because you I'm holding up a mirror and you don't like the reflected image.

No one has changed any standards
Yes, they have.

And JORR just gave an outcome. You didn't accept it. So the "I'm not moving the goalposts, I just want a conclusion" but seems like bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:01 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
It's not really about opinion at this point, though. Proof is proof. What he is sending proves that he has access to these documents and pictures.

And that's fine that you dont mind if he's pretending to be someone he actually knows, but to me it's also very understandable why a veteran might take issue with that.

But if there is no proof, then no one can claim to be right. We would all still be guessing at that point.

It seems like everyone is setting up to just believe what they believed before this all started. That's fine but no one will have the grounds to say they know or it was proved.

It is about opinion though. Not taking the guy at his word is wrong. Just like accusing every new member of being a mult is wrong. That's my opinion.

Do you think a veteran should take issue with being called a liar and having his service questioned on an anonymous message board. If you don't believe the guy is who he says he is, then ignore him or whatever. What's the point in following him around the board calling him a liar? Is your own "valor" that fragile? And it seems to me the "reward" doesn't match the risk. If you're right, you bullied a liar on a message board. If you're wrong, you bullied a guy who served his country and you're the dishonorable douchebag. And that's why we never should have gone down this road in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:02 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
It should take less than 2 minutes to send you a photo with the message board in the background, him, and some of his stuff.

And how would we know the guy in the pic is The Hawk?

We wouldn’t. I’m obviously taking a small leap here. But that is literally the very least he can do to prove it’s him and the fact he hasn’t done it yet speaks volumes.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:03 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yes, they have.

And JORR just gave an outcome. You didn't accept it. So the "I'm not moving the goalposts, I just want a conclusion" but seems like bullshit.

That's an absolute outright lie. From the beginning, the terms involved somehow linking it to the board because obviously being in possession of pictures of medals proves nothing.

No goalposts have been moved.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:07 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Didn't The Hawk start it all and FF eventually accepted it?

Telling the guy to leave was FF's idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:08 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It is about opinion though. Not taking the guy at his word is wrong. Just like accusing every new member of being a mult is wrong. That's my opinion.

Yea, I disagree with that. You take everyone at their word all the time?

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Do you think a veteran should take issue with being called a liar and having his service questioned on an anonymous message board. If you don't believe the guy is who he says he is, then ignore him or whatever. What's the point in following him around the board calling him a liar? Is your own "valor" that fragile? And it seems to me the "reward" doesn't match the risk. If you're right, you bullied a liar on a message board. If you're wrong, you bullied a guy who served his country and you're the dishonorable douchebag. And that's why we never should have gone down this road in the first place.

I havent bullied anyone and I never asked him to prove anything.

Is he being followed around the board?

I dont think The Hawk is the victim you make him out to be. He constantly insults and takes shots at everyone. That's fine, its a message board, but you cant post like that and be a victim.

I truly dont care one way or another. I get bothered when people act like something is 100% true and proven when its not. Nothing has been proven here. That's factual, beyond that everyone can believe what they want.

I thank all our board members who served. :salut:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:09 am 
Site Admin

For the record, the photo he sent was taken 1/21/2019 at 8:42 p.m. which lines up with when he told me he was going to take the picture.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I recall America once posting a screen cap of csfmb next to his window overlooking some French town. I recall that photo surprising me.

So the hold up is hawk taking a selfie with the medals next to the cfmb homepage.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:11 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yes, they have.

That's an absolute outright lie. From the beginning, the terms involved somehow linking it to the board because obviously being in possession of pictures of medals proves nothing.

No goalposts have been moved.
Right, from the very beginning the standards for Hawk proving something were different for how people will accept "proof" of, say, kids mocking a Native American elder. Glad we can agree.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:12 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It is about opinion though. Not taking the guy at his word is wrong. Just like accusing every new member of being a mult is wrong.

Sometimes i actually wonder if this is what prevents people from actively participating.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:13 am 

Right, from the very beginning the standards for Hawk proving something were different for how people will accept "proof" of, say, kids mocking a Native American elder. Glad we can agree.

So no goalposts moved, glad you can own up to lying.

I also never said it was clear those kids were mocking. You should take things up with the actual people who say them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 am 

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It is about opinion though. Not taking the guy at his word is wrong. Just like accusing every new member of being a mult is wrong.

Sometimes i actually wonder if this is what prevents people from actively participating.

If were being honest, you and JLN doing your thing to threads is probably the thing that drives people away from this board the most.

Personally, I was able to survive the week or so of people thinking I was a mult. I cant imagine something like that bothering someone. If it does, message boards maybe just arent your thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:17 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
You take everyone at their word all the time?

Of course not. But I just don't pay attention to those people. I'm in the same camp as JLN in that I don't care if The Hawk is lying on the Internet. FavreFan accused him of "stealing valor". If he actually served, no arbitrary deadline for demanded proof is going to change that. I've already seen enough to know what I believe. You are entitled to your own beliefs.

rogers park bryan wrote:
I havent bullied anyone and I never asked him to prove anything.

I never said you did that, but that is what has been done by several people here, FavreFan has just been the most vocal about it. I think the default should be to take everyone at his word until there's a real reason not to. I don't think The Hawk has given anyone a reason not to, unless your reason is that you find him annoying.

rogers park bryan wrote:
I dont think The Hawk is the victim you make him out to be.

I've never made him out to be a victim. I don't believe valor exists on an anonymous message board. And the alleged stealing of it is the entire reason for this whole pointless exercise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 62  Next