It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: DD214 Challenge
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:
Anyone else find JORR's involvement in this the most suspicious of all?
Suspicious? Absolutely not.

Odd? Yes. Considering that even my parents- who up until about a year ago still had flip phones- are able to take pics and post them online, yes. As MANY have said, The Hawk could have and perhaps should have spent 90 seconds taking care of this four days ago.

I told you when the picture was taken above. Nobody commented on that. I suppose it doesn't fit the desired narrative. It's obviously not proof of anything in a strict sense, but it's one more bit of evidence supporting a particular conclusion. Also, The Hawk has an AOL account. That's exactly what I would expect.

:lol:

The Hawk having an AOL account is really perfect.

There sheer genius of Panther at work!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I have been staying out of this but it seems FF is once again going after someone's private information. If Hawks proves himself,as it look like he will, does Ff get a time out> I can understand why he wanted a third party to handle everything,especially when he wanted a cut out for the payment and FF refused and wanted his address.

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I was also in Vietnam.

Agent orange exposure?

:lol: Just vacationing there.

Reminds me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry thought someone was a Holocaust survivor but actually it was someone who had been on the TV show Survivor.

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

Odd? Yes. Considering that even my parents- who up until about a year ago still had flip phones- are able to take pics and post them online, yes. As MANY have said, The Hawk could have and perhaps should have spent 90 seconds taking care of this four days ago.

I told you when the picture was taken above. Nobody commented on that. I suppose it doesn't fit the desired narrative. It's obviously not proof of anything in a strict sense, but it's one more bit of evidence supporting a particular conclusion. Also, The Hawk has an AOL account. That's exactly what I would expect.

Panther playing 4D chess!

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
The Hawk's posts are extremely Panther-esque.

I haven't seen that, but like I said, I don't read The Hawk's posts religiously.

I'll say this though. Everybody was so certain who Juggs was and that was 100% wrong. In fact, just about everybody has been accused of being Juggs except the guy who it quite likely actually is.

Ill say this:

#1 you were part of that everybody

#2 The Juggs thing was not based on posting styles, it was based on Hoffy lying about being a mult connected to it. Sucks for him but if he hadnt said he was a mult, and then gone back and denied it a year later, that woudnt have happened.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Even the people we have met are just characters here.

They may play amplified/unfiltered versions of themselves but I think 90% of this board knows each other as well as most "real life" friends.

Probably high on 90%

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
I have been staying out of this but it seems FF is once again going after someone's private information. If Hawks proves himself,as it look like he will, does Ff get a time out> I can understand why he wanted a third party to handle everything,especially when he wanted a cut out for the payment and FF refused and wanted his address.

You should probably just thank your lucky stars every day you are still allowed to post here.

You have had at least two issues that would have gotten you permabanned from most places.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:01 am 

pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Even the people we have met are just characters here.

They may play amplified/unfiltered versions of themselves but I think 90% of this board knows each other as well as most "real life" friends.

Probably high on 90%

Not until after work!

Im talking 90% of the regular posters. Maybe its closer to 75. The point remains.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:02 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

No one commented on it, because of what you said. It proves nothing.

It supports both conclusions. Either its the Hawk and he's being honest or its someone else who is committed to the bit.

It seems like you have a desired conclusion here as much as anyone.

I don't have any desired conclusion. But I know what I think from what I've read and seen. And the time the photo was taken does prove a couple things- a) that it wasn't just grabbed from the Internet randomly and b) that when coupled with an earlier PM telling me that he was going to take a photo of a particular object, someone did exactly what they said they were going to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

And what is the proof of when the photo was taken?

Doctored timestamp?

The ONLY one that needs to have sufficient proof in hand is FF. He is the one calling Hawk out. He is the one paying the bet if wrong. This whole serup is bullshit.

JORR could have several reasons for wanting this to play out in certain ways.

Last edited by IMU on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:03 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

I dont remember the timeline or if you were here or not, but you realize Panther once stayed up literally all night creating like 50 mults to vote in the march madness tournament right?

This would be nothing for him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:03 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I haven't seen that, but like I said, I don't read The Hawk's posts religiously.

I'll say this though. Everybody was so certain who Juggs was and that was 100% wrong. In fact, just about everybody has been accused of being Juggs except the guy who it quite likely actually is.

Ill say this:

#2 The Juggs thing was not based on posting styles, it was based on Hoffy lying about being a mult connected to it. Sucks for him but if he hadnt said he was a mult, and then gone back and denied it a year later, that woudnt have happened.

I never really thought Hoffy was Juggs. But I certainly never thought it was the guy I'm pretty sure it was. Anyway, you get my point when it comes to identifying what we believe to be mults.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

It is. :lol: So he is legit or Mac a couple years ago. I don't feel like it but one could argue his timing adds up if he had to get a display case and or medals out of storage, attic, crawlspace etc. I still think the DD214 or equivalent would be more handy. Then perhaps a faster then slower step to Jorr would be more accepted.

This morning seems clear most are not changing their minds now anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:06 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
someone did exactly what they said they were going to.

That works with both conclusions.

I could email you a Fire Chief's badge from an AOL account in 5 minutes or any minute of the day you would like. I am not a fire chief.

My great grandpa was though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
leashyourkids wrote:
I'm with Hawk until someone proves he didn't win a Purple Heart.

Mark me down for the "I don't give a shit" category, but it's been fascinating to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:07 am 
Site Admin

IMU wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

Doctored timestamp?

Sure it could have a doctored timestamp. Maybe you're The Hawk, you sneaky little fuck. I demand you prove otherwise.

You guys say you don't have a desired conclusion but you're twisting everything to a point where a guy took steps to the most cunning and detailed degree. And what is the motivation? $100. To make FF look dumb? You can't even decide if he's Panther's mult or a random liar stealing FF's valor.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:08 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Ill say this:

I never really thought Hoffy was Juggs. But I certainly never thought it was the guy I'm pretty sure it was. Anyway, you get my point when it comes to identifying what we believe to be mults.

Well you kept that to yourself because we had discussions about it back then and you were posting like you believed it was Hoffy.

I thought it was the guy it actually was. He was accused before Hoffy but he issued a strong denial and people moved on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
long time guy wrote:
I will just say this an FF is guy i respect on here. This is some bullshit and for the hypocrites on here that constantly complain about the "purity" and "sanctity" of this joint fuck you.

This should never have become an issue. He doesn't owe anyone on here a damn thing. If he turns out to be correct all of the professed honor of the military will go out the window and the same guys that sort of forced him to do this will simply go on as if nothing ever happened.

I don't agree with him on anything but calling people liars without having proof is a real slippery slope that people should be careful treading down. If you are going to keep the place anonymous then keep it anonymous.

I appreciate that. I really do. We have argued a bit and that is perfectly okay but to accuse someone of something like this is really fucked up. And then to have others pile on like they know something just shows character weakness to boot.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Last edited by The Hawk on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Ill say this:

Well you kept that to yourself because we had discussions about it back then and you were posting like you believed it was Hoffy.

I thought it was the guy it actually was. He was accused before Hoffy but he issued a strong denial and people moved on.

I was open to it being Hoffy, but I was never really convinced. I remember you talking about the last part. But I think that accusation must have been leveled before I joined the board.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:12 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

Doctored timestamp?

Sure it could have a doctored timestamp. Maybe you're The Hawk, you sneaky little fuck. I demand you prove otherwise.

You guys say you don't have a desired conclusion but you're twisting everything to a point where a guy took steps to the most cunning and detailed degree. And what is the motivation? $100. To make FF look dumb? You can't even decide if he's Panther's mult or a random liar stealing FF's valor.

You keep building this up as some giant conspiracy that would take all kinds of work.

This could be done in 5 minutes by anyone with a computer and a family member who served.

You're acting like proof is stacking up on the side of Hawk telling the truth but it's really not. (nothing has been proved the other way either)

Were you here for Panther's all night mult creation party or not? Because that would take way more work/time than this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

Doctored timestamp?

You keep building this up as some giant conspiracy that would take all kinds of work.

This could be done in 5 minutes by anyone with a computer and a family member who served.

You're acting like proof is stacking up on the side of Hawk telling the truth but it's really not. (nothing has been proved the other way either)

Were you hear for Panther's all night mult creation party or not? Because that would take way more work/time than this.

So let me get this straight. A guy came here posting right-wing stuff and terrible Sox thoughts and in the course of posting mentioned his service in Vietnam, all the while knowing that he had a relative who had actually served, so in case someone accused him of stealing valor, he could send me a photo of said relative's uniform.

Does that seem reasonable or likely to you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
chaspoppcap wrote:

I don't need his address. There are plenty of ways to send someone money without that. But yes, any money I am sending The Hawk, if he meets the terms in the OP, will go directly from me to him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
He asked that it be sent to JORR,why not? He does not want you knowing any personal stuff about it,I do not blame him.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

So let me get this straight. A guy came here posting right-wing stuff and terrible Sox thoughts and in the course of posting mentioned his service in Vietnam, all the while knowing that he had a relative who had actually served, so in case someone accused him of stealing valor, he could send me a photo of said relative's uniform.

It wouldnt be reasonable to do it from my point of view, but I am not Panther.

Panther does a lot of shit I would not consider reasonable.

Do you think the all night mult creation thing was "reasonable"?

Because we actually KNOW that happened

BTW, the right wing stuff and bad sox thoughts are two more things he has in common with Panther.

Oh, and let's not forget Panther has already tried this (pretending to be an older guy) with Blu Bombay years ago.

He thinks that people react to him on rep alone and if he changes his name he'll get a different reaction.

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
In this day and age, nothing seems unreasonable to me.

Four years ago, if I had told you how the whole board purchasing/transitioning would have gone down, would you have believed it? A guy who has been in the business and horse racing world as long as you have has certainly seen some shady stuff. But even that whole deal had to be a new one on you.

We have parents raising kids as gender neutral, a President who acts and tweets like a middle school student, and we shut down schools when there is 4" of snow. We just saw the story of the fake homeless guy and the people spending the $200k they collected from the fake GoFundMe on vacations and booze. Nothing surprises me anymore- especially on the internet.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
[quote="Joe Orr Road Rod”]

I don't have any desired conclusion. But I know what I think from what I've read and seen. And the time the photo was taken does prove a couple things- a) that it wasn't just grabbed from the Internet randomly and b) that when coupled with an earlier PM telling me that he was going to take a photo of a particular object, someone did exactly what they said they were going to.[/quote]
The Hawk is Dan Bernstein !!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
We have parents raising kids as gender neutral, a President who acts and tweets like a middle school student, and we shut down schools when there is 4" of snow. We just saw the story of the fake homeless guy and the people spending the $200k they collected from the fake GoFundMe on vacations and booze. Nothing surprises me anymore- especially on the internet.

I smell a sitcom!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
badrogue17 wrote:
[quote="Joe Orr Road Rod”]

I don't have any desired conclusion. But I know what I think from what I've read and seen. And the time the photo was taken does prove a couple things- a) that it wasn't just grabbed from the Internet randomly and b) that when coupled with an earlier PM telling me that he was going to take a photo of a particular object, someone did exactly what they said they were going to.[/quote]
The Hawk is Dan Bernstein !!![/quote][/quote]

baddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Your last post said it was "wrong" to not take everyone at their word. I, too, ignore crazy or lying people.

I was speaking in the context of this forum, but "wrong" was perhaps the wrong word to use there. You can use the forum any way you want and have any standard of belief for its members that you want. Of course there are people who play characters in such a forum. Some of them even admit it. I just choose to take everything at face value. There are the guys I have met and know. And then there are those I have never met and/or who are anonymous. For those guys I accept them at face value. Because what difference does it make? If Turd Ferguson says his name is Pete Johnson and he's a firefighter but he is actually Joe Dokes, a college professor, what difference does it make? I find it ridiculous to demand that Turd provide a photo of himself aboard a hook and ladder.

rogers park bryan wrote:
I think FF is an honest guy.

So do I. And I have never paid much attention to The Hawk until all of this, but now that I've gotten in the middle of it, I think he's an honest guy too. I could be wrong though. I know FavreFan actually exists. In The Hawk's case I know who he says he is and his email address. I suspect in a day or so I will have some documents sent to me by someone. Whether that person is The Hawk or someone The Hawk is pretending to be or someone who is pretending to be The Hawk, I cannot be certain.

That's all fair enough.

Honestly, when I see those stolen valor videos I cringe because it always seems like the guy doing it is mentally handicapped or messed up somehow. I get why actual vets are pissed but my thought on that has always been to leave the crazies alone. If there is some guy who is of sound mind just going out of his way to lie and pretend he served, he deserves to be called out.

If The Hawk was a Sneakers O'Toole or Godfella type just posting normal stuff and mentioned his military service and people did this Id take issue. I just cant muster up sympathy for a guy who acts like Hawk does. I think you're right about that part. If he wasnt a jerk to so many people this wouldnt be happening.

That is just an asinine comment. So you do not like my politics and think that I am an asshole. So because of YOUR OPINION, you think it is okay to accuse me of a felony out of hand? In other words, if I was "nice" to people and agreed with YOUR OPINIONS, then my mention of my service record would probably be praised by you and others. What BULLSHIT that is Really weak assed shit.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:45 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It wouldnt be reasonable to do it from my point of view, but I am not Panther.

Panther does a lot of shit I would not consider reasonable.

Do you think the all night mult creation thing was "reasonable"?

Because we actually KNOW that happened

BTW, the right wing stuff and bad sox thoughts are two more things he has in common with Panther.

Oh, and let's not forget Panther has already tried this (pretending to be an older guy) with Blu Bombay years ago.

He thinks that people react to him on rep alone and if he changes his name he'll get a different reaction.

The Blu Bombay thing was 100x weirder than the all-night mult creation. Blu Bombay was created as basically a means to get an invite to play poker at Chris In Joliet's house. It was like a month long con. What was Joe Pantiliano expecting when he rolled into Chris's garage and there was at least 4 people there who have already met him?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 62  Next