It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: DD214 Challenge
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Per the Hawk's request, here is his uniform with his nameplate obscured:

Nice try, Cowboy Joe
https://www.armynavysales.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
That uniform is displayed behind glass! Why couldn’t he snap a picture same day? Not disputing, just curious.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
This is proof that the person behind The Hawk account served in the military and received a bronze star and purple heart how?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
It would be interesting to check out the reflections.

Also, I swear I saw a man in this very uniform in Dallas, 1963....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:54 am 

I see an AOL cd in the pocket.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
IMU wrote:
This is proof that the person behind The Hawk account served in the military and received a bronze star and purple heart how?

It's not conclusive proof, but it's certainly an effort to show he is who he says he is. I don't know if it has any bearing on a $100 bet. That's between those two guys.

Is there anything you should have to prove to the board? For example, if someone said they didn't believe you're on the fast track, and demanded your W-2s, should a micromob support the concept that you're a liar if you fail to comply?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Is there anything you should have to prove to the board?

No

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i mean...anyone can take a picture of something and claim it's ownership.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

doug - evergreen park wrote:

I don't really want to get into this again, so I'm just going to say this one more time. Why is there some imperative for one single board member to prove something? And is it really likely that a guy set up an account and posted for ten months waiting for someone to question his service in Vietnam so he could use a phony picture to win a bet?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Check it out, I won The Masters!

And if any if you little piss ant sallies want to try and steal my fame, you can rot in hell!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:09 pm 

Yep

Here's my Leprachaun statue...prove it's not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't really want to get into this again, so I'm just going to say this one more time. Why is there some imperative for one single board member to prove something? And is it really likely that a guy set up an account and posted for ten months waiting for someone to question his service in Vietnam so he could use a phony picture to win a bet?
This has been answered several times in this thread already. The Hawk acts like a jerk here and gets zero benefit of the doubt. That is just the way it is. This is not unique to this place either.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Is that really the same thing, Frank. And isn't this entire episode supposedly about "stealing valor"? If that's really the case- and I submit that it is not- many of you seem to have very little concern about possibly stealing a man's valor. And if you're wrong, that's exactly what you're doing. I would think if you're so concerned about valor (none of you really are) then you'd want to err on the side of caution.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

This has been answered several times in this thread already. The Hawk acts like a jerk here and gets zero benefit of the doubt. That is just the way it is. This is not unique to this place either.

You're making my case. The Hawk is a jerk so fuck his valor if he even has any anyway. I'm glad we've boiled it down to what it's really about. So I don't have to read about anyone's fucking "valor" on this board again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:13 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

But at the same time, I see no need for someone to have to prove some sort of whatever. I can't stand Hawk...he's possibly one of the biggest douchebags (not Douchebag) that I've seen post here in almost 10 years...but I don't give a flying fuck about his military service, real or fake, and I don't see a point in making someone jump through hoops...even if he does seem interested in doing so for some dumbass reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:13 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Is that really the same thing, Frank. And isn't this entire episode supposedly about "stealing valor"? If that's really the case- and I submit that it is not- many of you seem to have very little concern about possibly stealing a man's valor. And if you're wrong, that's exactly what you're doing. I would think if you're so concerned about valor (none of you really are) then you'd want to err on the side of caution.

This is probably the most salient point in all of this. Its his "honor" thats being discredited. No one else's.

$100 and a half hearted apology is a small price to pay for accusing the guy of being a liar.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

:roll: If there is anybody on this board who knows about being a liar, its you LTG.

C'mon Jorr. The Hawk has followed FF around for the past 2-3 days demanding he have his money ready. He is no victim here. I'm not saying everything that FF has done and said during this whole ordeal is right, but The Hawk is not some innocent bystander who is getting bullied just because.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:15 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:

It's not conclusive proof, but it's certainly an effort to show he is who he says he is. I don't know if it has any bearing on a $100 bet. That's between those two guys.

Is there anything you should have to prove to the board? For example, if someone said they didn't believe you're on the fast track, and demanded your W-2s, should a micromob support the concept that you're a liar if you fail to comply?

If I claimed to have a salary of $123,000 and called everyone who didn't believe me a piece of shit and told them I'd kick their ass if they ever dared say that around my face and told everyone my $123,000 salary is the reason I am better than them...yes, they should make me put up or shut up.

What Hawk is providing as proof is essentially a picture of a bonus check of $10,000, but with the company name and recipient name both completely obscured. It would not prove an annual salary, nor could it guarantee the bonus check is associated to me.

I also don't make $123,000, for clarity's sake.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:16 pm 

That was some good editing on the photo, JORR. You got the key spots covered.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
:roll: If there is anybody on this board who knows about being a liar, its you LTG.

What have i lied about? If you are going to say Academic credentials i already stated the terms. For Two stacks i will make all you clowns (those that ever questioned it) look like fools.

If you want to take a flyer on it (anyone) i will move the money today and have validation of it in no time.

For me there will be more skin in the game for making you look like an idiot than a shitty ass $100 and an apology.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
IMU wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:

If I claimed to have a salary of $123,000 and called everyone who didn't believe me a piece of shit and told them I'd kick their ass if they ever dared say that around my face and told everyone my $123,000 salary is the reason I am better than them...yes, they should make me put up or shut up.

What Hawk is providing as proof is essentially a picture of a bonus check of $10,000, but with the company name and recipient name both completely obscured. It would not prove an annual salary, nor could it guarantee the bonus check is associated to me.

I also don't make $123,000, for clarity's sake.

I'm sorry you're poor.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:20 pm 

I brought a lunch to work today. Tell me about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

tommy wrote:

Well, the name plate said "PANTHER" so that would have given the game away.

Seriously, I wouldn't dox anyone. And if and when I get The Hawk's documents in the mail, I'm considering just telling FF what they are via PM and he and The Hawk can figure things out between themselves. I think FF knows I wouldn't lie to him and I think The Hawk knows I'm not going to put his real name all over the board.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
IMU wrote:

As long as it's not baloney, you're okay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:22 pm 

I worked with the photo a bit and this is the reflected image I found:

Also, this was my favorite two-second joke on The Simpsons:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

sjboyd0137 wrote:
But at the same time, I see no need for someone to have to prove some sort of whatever. I can't stand Hawk...he's possibly one of the biggest douchebags (not Douchebag) that I've seen post here in almost 10 years...but I don't give a flying fuck about his military service, real or fake, and I don't see a point in making someone jump through hoops...even if he does seem interested in doing so for some dumbass reason.
I don't necessarily disagree. Nobody made the hawk doing anything. The Hawk made his own bed. He was the one who brought all this up about proof in the first place, so FF took him up on it. Its not like there was some faction of the board "demanding" the hawk prove who he is. He is the one who kept saying "you'll see" and he insult and cursed at a dozen different people across MANY threads. Then he mails Jorr a picture of a uniform in a glass case. Really, what does that prove?

I dunno. The Hawk could have told FF to piss off and put him on ignore a long time ago, but he kept poking at the bear so to speak.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
FavreFan wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Let's get BMac to just doxx the Hawk. He can do it as soon as he's done with JLN.

FF and IMU were the doxxers.

That’s wrong.

I was the only one who doxxed him. IMU’s hooker review thread was an all time great thread and he never doxxed Chas.

Stop,all you did was the dirty work. Chus did the leg work and even he didn't have the balls to cross the line you did.

Doxxing is the publishing of ones information on the internet. Chus didn’t do that to you. IMU didn’t do that to you. Only I did that to you. I already apologized. I will again. I’m sorry for that and it was wrong of me to do. No previous interaction between us justified it. Chus and IMU are not to blame for that.

I think the Wisemynz should just put a RED addendum to FavreFan's and any other person who engages in this type of harassment and/or Doxxing.

His name should read FavreFan-KNOWNDOXXER from here on in.

Boom. Solved.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:27 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:

Well, the name plate said "PANTHER" so that would have given the game away.

Seriously, I wouldn't dox anyone. And if and when I get The Hawk's documents in the mail, I'm considering just telling FF what they are via PM and he and The Hawk can figure things out between themselves. I think FF knows I wouldn't lie to him and I think The Hawk knows I'm not going to put his real name all over the board.

No, that's good. You marked out his reflected face, too. In fact, it was such good work that one would think that you have worked for The Company.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:29 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I dunno. The Hawk could have told FF to piss off and put him on ignore a long time ago, but he kept poking at the bear so to speak.

That's because if The Hawk is an actual person, he is your standard septuagenarian boomer that expects to be treated as the greatest thing since talkies, and doesn't understand why people younger than him are sick of their bullshit.

And if he's fake, this is a hell of a long con...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:29 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
IMU wrote:

As long as it's not baloney, you're okay.

...I'd rather not say what it is... but it isn't bologna.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 62  Next