It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: DD214 Challenge
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
IMU wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
IMU wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
It's a photo found online or at a museum. Can't believe you people fall for this.

Sorry Bob but yet again you show your dumbassery, I just checked tinyeye and zero matches

How would tinyeye prove that The Hawk didn't visit his local Vietnam museum?

So you are saying that a museum would not have an image of a display taken at alll anywhere on the web? Are you that much in FF ass to claim that?

Have you ever been to the Cantigny First Division Museum? Back when you were allowed to be near children?

https://www.google.com/search?q=cantign ... 20&bih=978

I've been there a couple of times. Yet...the photos on the internet don't show a complete representation of every single item displayed at the museum. Nor does it account for any and all the angles photos could be taken on each and every item.

Been there quite a few times. Once again you don't know anything about my situation,maybe you should educate yourself?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
IMU wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Do you realize that this is almost verbatim the Chappelle's Show parodying of R. Kelly defenders wanting proof Kelly was actually depicted on video?

Also, you're not willing to accept EXIF data because you believe Hawk is technologically inclined enough to edit it to make it show whatever he needs it to, but you ARE willing to accept photographic evidence because Hawk....isn't technologically inclined?

I don't believe The Hawk is a 70 year old military vet.

I do know that if you type 'photo data editing' in Google, you get hundreds of websites allowing you to freely edit EXIF data.

I am in marketing, have intermediate Adobe Creative Suite experience and work with a graphic designer daily. I understand what it would take to circumnavigate the level of photographic proof I've asked for now, and that FavreFan asked for initially. 99% of the population does not have the ability to 'get away with it' within a few days.
Hawk went to a specific museum to take a photo of a uniform to keep up his charade as a Vietnam vet, edited the EXIF data of the photo to match some timeline...but he for sure couldn't edit photos or find someone to edit photos of him?

Come on, man.

Do you often get fooled by photoshopped images?

Let me help you.
No, let me help you:

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/graph ... toshopping

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
chaspoppcap wrote:
IMU wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
IMU wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
It's a photo found online or at a museum. Can't believe you people fall for this.

Sorry Bob but yet again you show your dumbassery, I just checked tinyeye and zero matches

How would tinyeye prove that The Hawk didn't visit his local Vietnam museum?

So you are saying that a museum would not have an image of a display taken at alll anywhere on the web? Are you that much in FF ass to claim that?

Have you ever been to the Cantigny First Division Museum? Back when you were allowed to be near children?

https://www.google.com/search?q=cantign ... 20&bih=978

I've been there a couple of times. Yet...the photos on the internet don't show a complete representation of every single item displayed at the museum. Nor does it account for any and all the angles photos could be taken on each and every item.

Been there quite a few times. Once again you don't know anything about my situation,maybe you should educate yourself?

Thanks to 312 reposting the link, I am refreshing my education on your situation. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:08 pm 

IMU wrote:
Do you realize that this is almost verbatim the Chappelle's Show parodying of R. Kelly defenders wanting proof Kelly was actually depicted on video?

Also, you're not willing to accept EXIF data because you believe Hawk is technologically inclined enough to edit it to make it show whatever he needs it to, but you ARE willing to accept photographic evidence because Hawk....isn't technologically inclined?

I do know that if you type 'photo data editing' in Google, you get hundreds of websites allowing you to freely edit EXIF data.

I am in marketing, have intermediate Adobe Creative Suite experience and work with a graphic designer daily. I understand what it would take to circumnavigate the level of photographic proof I've asked for now, and that FavreFan asked for initially. 99% of the population does not have the ability to 'get away with it' within a few days.
Hawk went to a specific museum to take a photo of a uniform to keep up his charade as a Vietnam vet, edited the EXIF data of the photo to match some timeline...but he for sure couldn't edit photos or find someone to edit photos of him?

Come on, man.

Let me help you.
No, let me help you:

And yet again, I ask you: Are you fooled by those images? Would you look at a dude carrying his own head and say "looks legit." Man...people were right about you. You wouldn't make it as a lawyer with your skewed view of 'burden of proof.'

Last edited by IMU on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
What about a banning for sexually abusing a minor?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:11 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

ATTEMPTED. He didn't get a beej. He just asked for one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:11 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
i mean...anyone can take a picture of something and claim it's ownership.

I don't really want to get into this again, so I'm just going to say this one more time. Why is there some imperative for one single board member to prove something? And is it really likely that a guy set up an account and posted for ten months waiting for someone to question his service in Vietnam so he could use a phony picture to win a bet?

The Hawk could have said no or fuck off to Favre fan. He seemed to want the bet.

I also dont think FF is the type that would have stalked him on the board about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:12 pm 

IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I was referring to the Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:13 pm 

IMU wrote:
IMU wrote:

Come on, man.

Let me help you.
No, let me help you:

And yet again, I ask you: Are you fooled by those images? Would you look at a dude carrying his own head and say "looks legit."
Again, Hawk is deep enough in his role that he'll go to a museum to snap a photo of a uniform in a case and edit the data on the photo, but he ISN'T deep enough to find a designer to edit the photos you ask for and NOT ask the designer to make his head comically large?

The point is, you're simultaneously treating hawk as a master spy (clever enough to find a museum to take a photo and doctor that photo) and as a dunce (not clever enough to find someone good enough to convincingly photoshop the proof you seek). It comes off as painfully arbitrary, almost like you just want to make him do things (including giving out his doxx to the Wisemen) instead of find out if he actually served.

EDIT:

IMU wrote:
Man...people were right about you. You wouldn't make it as a lawyer with your skewed view of 'burden of proof.'

Ohhhh...k? And it's "standard of proof" if you want to talk about how convincing something has to be, you fucking moron. Burden has to do with who has to prove what at any given standard.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:14 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Is that really the same thing, Frank. And isn't this entire episode supposedly about "stealing valor"? If that's really the case- and I submit that it is not- many of you seem to have very little concern about possibly stealing a man's valor. And if you're wrong, that's exactly what you're doing. I would think if you're so concerned about valor (none of you really are) then you'd want to err on the side of caution.

You've let your politics enter into this and again, you are presuming to know what a bunch of people think.

No one can steal legitimate valor. Your thoughts on the whole issue of stolen valor thing are very unique. Most people think it's a big deal. I dont, but we are in the minority.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't really want to get into this again, so I'm just going to say this one more time. Why is there some imperative for one single board member to prove something? And is it really likely that a guy set up an account and posted for ten months waiting for someone to question his service in Vietnam so he could use a phony picture to win a bet?
This has been answered several times in this thread already. The Hawk acts like a jerk here and gets zero benefit of the doubt. That is just the way it is. This is not unique to this place either.

You're making my case. The Hawk is a jerk so fuck his valor if he even has any anyway. I'm glad we've boiled it down to what it's really about. So I don't have to read about anyone's fucking "valor" on this board again.

No, that's not the case at all, but if you think that, I understand why you're upset.

FF is legit upset because he thinks the guy is stealing valor. Everyone else is just kinda waiting and watching. The ones who Hawk has been a dick to are taking shots because that's life.

Im confident Zero people here will say fuck his valor if we determine it's legit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:18 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
FF is legit upset because he thinks the guy is stealing valor.
No, he's not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
IMU wrote:
Would you look at a dude carrying his own head and say "looks legit."

The Green Knight did that shit
An' it looked legit, an' I read every bit,
Him bleedin, me readin, studyin hard, dreamin and schemin
about a Monte Carlo SS with a tape deck and arm rest

--K. West

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:20 pm 

The point is, you're simultaneously treating hawk as a master spy (clever enough to find a museum to take a photo and doctor that photo) and as a dunce (not clever enough to find someone good enough to convincingly photoshop the proof you seek). It comes off as painfully arbitrary, almost like you just want to make him do things (including giving out his doxx to the Wisemen) instead of find out if he actually served.

I'm treating the person behind the mult solely as a dunce. The type of "proof" he has provided to this point is pathetic and does not begin to show anything. The type of proof required in this has not changed since the beginning, and is extremely difficult to falsify.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:20 pm 

IMU wrote:
Don't know if this has been brought up yet, but JORR if you still have the original image file you may be able to look at the EXIF data, and that should show when the picture was taken and put this whole thing to bed.

Right click the original image > Properties > Details Tab

There are countless methods to edit EXIF data. You can easily edit a photo taken on an Android to say it was taken on an iPhone. You can change dates. There is nothing you cannot falsify.
:roll: Then there's NO level of proof people are actually willing to accept, and this is really about making Hawk dance because you don't like his politics and posting style.

If you guys keep saying this, it might eventually become true

when did the right wing take on this incredible victim complex?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
November 8, 2016

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
No, he's not.

Well, neither of us are in his head. That is what it seems like to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
what am I thinking right now?

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
No, he's not.

Yes he is. I thought you were gonna slowly die in a fire. What happened to that?

To rock my soul

Why was 312's post deleted?

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
what am I thinking right now?

"I used to want sex more"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:23 pm 

FF speaking in third person? I'm switching allegiances.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Is that really the same thing, Frank. And isn't this entire episode supposedly about "stealing valor"? If that's really the case- and I submit that it is not- many of you seem to have very little concern about possibly stealing a man's valor. And if you're wrong, that's exactly what you're doing. I would think if you're so concerned about valor (none of you really are) then you'd want to err on the side of caution.

You've let your politics enter into this and again, you are presuming to know what a bunch of people think.

No one can steal legitimate valor. Your thoughts on the whole issue of stolen valor thing are very unique. Most people think it's a big deal. I dont, but we are in the minority.

My politics have nothing to do with this. My politics are almost 180 degrees from those of The Hawk.

I don't really want to get into this with you again. You got all heated up yesterday. The entire point of this pointless exercise is that it was about "stealing valor", a guy pretending to have served when he did not (even though no one here knows whether he did or did not or even who he actually is). I'm not sure if you followed the whole thing,. It sounds like you may not have. There is at least a page talking about how "stealing valor" is worse than other forms of lying.

I think if one has valor, no one can steal it. Certainly not an anonymous person on a message board. But for those who believe in the concept of stolen valor, if The Hawk actually did serve, what are you doing to him? Why take that chance? Because he's an asshole on a message board? If that's the case, you really don't care much about valor, now do you?

LTG has it exactly right here:

long time guy wrote:
If it were reversed there isn't any doubt as to whom you'd be blaming.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
No, he's not.

Yes he is. I thought you were gonna slowly die in a fire. What happened to that?
Image [And no, you're not. It's just that nobody is going to call you on your fake outrage]

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
LTG has it exactly right here:

long time guy wrote:
If it were reversed there isn't any doubt as to whom you'd be blaming.
No.

If somebody said "prove it" to FF, one of two things would happen. He would have a picture online within about 5 minutes, or he would tell whoever is asking to fuck off and the whole thing would be done.

The Hawk didn't do that. Clearly "winning" and the $100 meant more to him than anything else.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:

Why do you think?

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The Hawk could have said no or fuck off to Favre fan. He seemed to want the bet.

I also dont think FF is the type that would have stalked him on the board about it.

Thank you for correctly typing 'could have'.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Why do you think?

It's public knowledge, posted to protect people. So you tell me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I was referring to the Hawk

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Why do you think?

It's public knowledge, posted to protect people. So you tell me.

If you think you need protection from Chas on this message board, do me a favor, stop posting here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 62  Next