It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:05 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
None of us are making a dime off of the board. It exists to inform and entertain us. It is a diversion from our daily lives. MANY of us have been fortunate enough to meet MANY people who we consider to be a friend.

The Wisemen tried to give everyone the board they claimed they wanted but in return we've gotten constant bitching. "Don't police the board by arbitrarily deleting posts and banning people."That is what MANY said they wanted. We essentially allowed the community to police itself and everyone loved it initially. Within a year MANY were bitching about why we weren't policing them.

I think MANY of us underestimated the amount of racism, anti semitism and general fucked up shit that would pop up with a police yourselves system. I certainly did. Sorry about that.

I think you're overestimating it now. There just simply isn't some great deal of racism on this board. You're acting like someone can't even read the board without being overwhelmed by racism.

That is not what I mean to say. Its not to that level. But it used to be absolutely zero. Those types of posts wouldnt last more than a few hours and sometimes they were gone in minutes. Now you get them here and there and no one says anything.

And we could argue over whether these things are actually racist but it used to be anything close was gone because the risk reward of someone being pissed off vs the post staying always favored deletion.

Some would call that censorship. On the other hand some are turned off by "jokes" about black guys committing most crimes or the secret jewish conspiracies.

Ive stayed through both eras but Im just explaining how I think some thought the self policing would be a lot different than it actually is.

You had a guy literally state that "black people are trash" and yet still have people consider him to be a "net positive poster". Then when you call him on it you are being a "victim". That is the get out of jail free card for all racists and those that apologize for it. Meanwhile these same people in their hypocrisy just last week railed about how egregious and trifling the Black Israelites were for spewing the shit that they spew. How can you consider one reprehensible and egregious and not the other?

For those that like to claim open mindedness and message board "toughness" (an oxymoron) how would they feel if there were guys posting on here that posted similar shit to what people like the "Israelites" and the NOI state? Would they be as "open minded" on that shit as they are about clowns like America and Toxic? They can't even handle when you accurately call racists and bigots out for being racists and bigots. If there were blacks that came on here posting bigoted shit daily there is no doubt that some of you would shit the bed and request that they be banned. Yet you sit on the sidelines accept the shit and then claim that the people who have a problem with it are overreacting "race hustling", "race baiting", or playing the "victim", card.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: *
312player wrote:
Like I said, I'll donate cash if these terms are met.

OH no we are going to lose another poster, sad sad day.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:
How much does it cost to keep the board running? Yearly estimate?

I'll donate, I'm sure many others will also if it means no more deleted posts and censorship. Get rid of these ridiculous filters and bring back the tits n ass thread.

I've never complained or bitched or private messaged anybody over this shit. I just bitch when I'm censored publicly. Like I said, I'll donate cash if these terms are met.

Keep your lunch money.

Start another thread going after Nas you clown.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
I'd pay to be able to call someone a f@ggot without using the @. It is a required word when dealing with some of you
That says way more about you than anybody else.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:10 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
None of us are making a dime off of the board. It exists to inform and entertain us. It is a diversion from our daily lives. MANY of us have been fortunate enough to meet MANY people who we consider to be a friend.

The Wisemen tried to give everyone the board they claimed they wanted but in return we've gotten constant bitching. "Don't police the board by arbitrarily deleting posts and banning people."That is what MANY said they wanted. We essentially allowed the community to police itself and everyone loved it initially. Within a year MANY were bitching about why we weren't policing them.

I think MANY of us underestimated the amount of racism, anti semitism and general fucked up shit that would pop up with a police yourselves system. I certainly did. Sorry about that.

I think you're overestimating it now. There just simply isn't some great deal of racism on this board. You're acting like someone can't even read the board without being overwhelmed by racism.

That is not what I mean to say. Its not to that level. But it used to be absolutely zero. Those types of posts wouldnt last more than a few hours and sometimes they were gone in minutes. Now you get them here and there and no one says anything.

And we could argue over whether these things are actually racist but it used to be anything close was gone because the risk reward of someone being pissed off vs the post staying always favored deletion.

Some would call that censorship. On the other hand some are turned off by "jokes" about black guys committing most crimes or the secret jewish conspiracies.

Ive stayed through both eras but Im just explaining how I think some thought the self policing would be a lot different than it actually is.

Back around 2007-08 there was a lot of political talk around here. Most of it was conservative tinged and started by the the daily political talking points threads that BD would post. Occasionally, a debate over the merits of those issues or Rasmussen/Fox/other polls would stretch over 4-5 pages, but it was generally reasonable because before that (board)friendships had been developed and most here recognized the overarching similarities in almost all of us. Even trolling was more often than not good-natured. People here generally rooted for each other and their families, except maybe Jimmy Reardon :lol: . But that took a decided turn in mid 2016 imo.

And here we are. I come here to generally laugh, but the jokes and pointed racial comments exploded around that time which makes this place often very dull. And it's revealed the worst of this city/area is still not that far off from that of decades ago imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:

rogers park bryan wrote:
Im not going to get into a long back and forth but that's not accurate.

This.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Finally we've come to the real culprit: wrongthink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:15 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:

rogers park bryan wrote:

This.

Are you saying you agree with my first statement but you wont get into a long back and forth on it

or

My first statment is not accurate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I think the entire board should take a road trip to Denver and get high as fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:

rogers park bryan wrote:

This.

Are you saying you agree with my first statement but you wont get into a long back and forth on it

or

My first statment is not accurate

Your statement is not accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Back around 2007-08 there was a lot of political talk around here. Most of it was conservative tinged and started by the the daily political talking points threads that BD would post. Occasionally, a debate over the merits of those issues or Rasmussen/Fox/other polls would stretch over 4-5 pages, but it was generally reasonable because before that (board)friendships had been developed and most here recognized the overarching similarities in almost all of us. Even trolling was more often than not good-natured. People here generally rooted for each other and their families, except maybe Jimmy Reardon :lol: . But that took a decided turn in mid 2016 imo.

And here we are. I come here to generally laugh, but the jokes and pointed racial comments exploded around that time which makes this place often very dull. And it's revealed the worst of this city/area is still not that far off from that of decades ago imo.

2016 huh? So it was Trump himself, Trump supporters, those accused of being Trump supporters or those doing the accusing? Chicken or egg? :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas you’re alright. Do whatever makes you less stressed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:24 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
I think the entire board should take a road trip to Denver and get high as fuck.

I don't think you need to go to Denver for that.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:25 pm 

Trump wins again :cry:

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:25 pm 

Thank you for clarifying, Seacrest.

Ill amend my statement to just say that I myself underestimated the stuff that would pop up. That is certainly accurate. Im guessing there are others (peeps kinda said it) but if you say definitely not, ok.

I didnt think people were itching to say f@ggot, retard, or dying to make black people are criminals or jews must be eraditcated "jokes"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hope Nas at least got his 40 acres and a mule .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:

Ill amend my statement to just say that I myself underestimated the stuff that would pop up. That is certainly accurate. Im guessing there are others (peeps kinda said it) but if you say definitely not, ok.

I didnt think people were itching to say f@ggot, retard, or dying to make black people are criminals or jews must be eraditcated "jokes"

One of the two people you are referencing is gone. The other was once gone as well.

Is there anyone else you are referring to other than Toxic and America?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:58 pm 
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Nas, maybe you just shouldn't have done stuff like posting publicly, generally and specifically about the PM's other posters had sent you, or egged on the attempted inducement of self-doxxing of another board member, or tried to excuse the mocking of another poster's addiction struggles? Maybe, but-for those things, you wouldn't attract so much heat from people willing to call you on it [and deal with the cadre of posters looking to label any critique as racist, a perk you no doubt enjoyed multiple times]?

Textbook example of why the Wisemen want to drop a nuke on this place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:00 pm 
chaspoppcap wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
My point, Chas, is don’t post this high and mighty bullshit you try and spout when, right or wrong-more is known about you than I care to know thanks to whatever, you doing so proves you to be the biggest hypocrite of them all. Maybe, just maybe, instead of hitting send, you should consider sitting down and shutting the fuck up with it.

Maybe I get tired of my shit being dragged all over the board when I am in nowhere near the conversation. I am not going to keep on sitting there letting people fuck with me non stop. I am like it or not still a human being, a fucked up one,but still a human.

You literally offered people money for my address. Shut the fuck up and sit down junior.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:09 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
go shove a carrot up your ass.

(did you understand that one veganfan21?)

So you criticize the board for being a launching pad for insults and "bitch fests," respond to mild, impersonal criticism from me with "shove a carrot up your ass," and then act like your position still makes sense?

Tell me this: if two or more posters engage in the most awful and tedious back and forth arguments for 45 pages with no end in sight, how is that the moderators' fault? If people deviate from guidance to stop posting racist memes or whatever but continue to do so, how is that the moderators' fault? You mentioned the stolen valor thread and how you thought it was stupid or whatever. Were you compelled by the moderators to click through that thread? What prevents you from creating threads you want to create, or sparking discussion you want to talk about? Is your failure to do that on the moderators as well? That's why your posts were incoherent.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:11 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
My point, Chas, is don’t post this high and mighty bullshit you try and spout when, right or wrong-more is known about you than I care to know thanks to whatever, you doing so proves you to be the biggest hypocrite of them all. Maybe, just maybe, instead of hitting send, you should consider sitting down and shutting the fuck up with it.

Maybe I get tired of my shit being dragged all over the board when I am in nowhere near the conversation. I am not going to keep on sitting there letting people fuck with me non stop. I am like it or not still a human being, a fucked up one,but still a human.

You literally offered people money for my address. Shut the fuck up and sit down junior.

$10 more and he would have had it too !!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:12 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

One of the two people you are referencing is gone. The other was once gone as well.

This wasn't a complaint. I've maintained you guys do a great job. I was just responding to Nas saying we wanted to police ourselves and then weren't happy with that.

There are/were a few other posters who dabble in that stuff. You posted this week about deleting racist posts by a poster who is Not America or Toxic

I dont want anyone gone though.

Its a still a tiny percentage of what is posted here. As Leash pointed out I probably made it sound worse than I meant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
RFDC wrote:
Wow FF and Darko leave the board and now Nas bows out of leadership. This has been quite the week.

You all better straighten up

Typical week for the Trump administration.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

This wasn't a complaint. I've maintained you guys do a great job. I was just responding to Nas saying we wanted to police ourselves and then weren't happy with that.

There are/were a few other posters who dabble in that stuff. You posted this week about deleting racist posts by a poster who is Not America or Toxic

I dont want anyone gone though.

Its a still a tiny percentage of what is posted here. As Leash pointed out I probably made it sound worse than I meant.

I'm asking because I'm open to constructive criticism here.

Overtly racist shit was allowed by bigfan. It has not been allowed by us.

Without naming names, when we took over the place, the previous posters who dabbled in racist nonsense were made an offer to continue that 1st amendment stuff with a certain caveat. Elmhurst Steve, and chas for the most part, have accepted that offer.

The same agreement was offered to America and Toxic. Any of them is free to share what was offered by PM if they so choose.

Provided that we are allowed to post their responses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Sad to hear Nas has to step back. The board should be ashamed. And if FF and DS are indeed gone, then this is a big indictment of this place. I have met all three, and they bring unique perspectives to the board. At least Nas is still posting. Oh well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:36 pm 

FF is gone?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
badrogue17 wrote:
FF is gone?

Just going by what is posted above.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
denisdman wrote:
Sad to hear Nas has to step back. The board should be ashamed. And if FF and DS are indeed gone, then this is a big indictment of this place. I have met all three, and they bring unique perspectives to the board. At least Nas is still posting. Oh well.

Why must you always do this?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:39 pm 

denisdman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
FF is gone?

He was ousted by one of our very own, Hawk, a patriotic soldier who finally stood up to the masses.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Free Ajent wrote:
denisdman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
FF is gone?

He was ousted by one of our very own, Hawk, a patriotic soldier who finally stood up to the masses.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next