It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Zina Bash still hasn't friended me on Instagram. I reckon I wouldn't mind if she didn't fall off the face of the dadgum earth, which she done did.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I do not like this day. Three years is a long time. Many many times seems like yesterday. I’ll quietly reflect on good times today. Rest In Peace my princess.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Be well my friend.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
pittmike wrote:
I do not like this day. Three years is a long time. Many many times seems like yesterday. I’ll quietly reflect on good times today. Rest In Peace my princess.

I am sure you have many positive memories to reflect on. Hang in there Mike.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Real Pringles suck compared to the generic versions I've found at Walmart and Aldi. Good thing I got a few over-sized cans of the real deal on sale at da Jewels.

Oh, and sorry about today, mikey.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
pittmike wrote:

It doesn't seem that long ago since you let us know. Hang in there today.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
pittmike wrote:

You're a strong person, Mike. I'm wishing the best for you on this difficult day.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Don Tiny wrote:
Real Pringles suck compared to the generic versions I've found at Walmart and Aldi.
100% agree, though my favorite of that style is Lays Stacked.

Hoping good thoughts for you and yours today, Michael.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Be well, mike.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Furious Styles wrote:
Be well, mike.

Early-2010s Walgreens called ... the want their slogan back.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:07 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:

If you have time, go to the cemetery and tell her out loud what is on your mind. how you feel, what you miss most about her. The things you would change if you could.

Have a good cry if need be. These things always helped me when my brother passed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: John's
pittmike wrote:

You and your daughter will be reunited again. Hold that thought tight and be well man.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:22 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

If you have time, go to the cemetery and tell her out loud what is on your mind. how you feel, what you miss most about her. The things you would change if you could.

Have a good cry if need be. These things always helped me when my brother passed.

All of the above done today already thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:27 pm 

I really hope that you can find plenty of peace today Mike.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:34 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
I really hope that you can find plenty of peace today Mike.

Thanks Reader.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Hang in there, Mike.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Can’t imagine, Mike. Sadly today is the same day my sister’s best friend lost her 10-year old to cancer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:24 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Be well, mike.

Early-2010s Walgreens called ... the want their slogan back.

The want? I'm not familiar with their material.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Hang in there Mike.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Tall Midget wrote:
You're a strong person, Mike. I'm wishing the best for you on this difficult day.

My sentiments also, Mike.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:44 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I take my dog out MANY times a day but at least twice a day I leave my cul de sac so he can do his business. I made it all winter without slipping and falling on the ice until last night. My neighbor on the corner never puts any salt down and usually it isn't horrible but with all the rain we got up here this weekend his corner is very icy. Luckily it wasn't a horrible fall like I went ass over tea kettle and slammed the back of my head, it was more of a slip a few times, bend at the waist and fell on my left side kinda fall. Had the leash in my right hand and luckily didn't put out my left hand to brace the fall or I could have broken my wrist or a finger. I probably should try to tell him to put some salt down but not sure it will do any good. Some people just don't get it that it is their responsibility to at least make an effort to keep the sidewalks passable. I also take some of the blame trying to get over the ice knowing full well that I could have slipped and fell.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
We took 2 children into foster care. same mother and 2 separate fathers. we got both children and are their 3rd set of foster parent due to personal matters with the first 2.

a few months before we got the kids, the father of the oldest (3 yrs old) was found and insisted he get his kid. made a huge stink (i know i probably would to) to get his kid. We had both children for 2 months and then he got the oldest and has had her since. he felt that since he was not under any investigation by dcfs, he should get permanent placement of the child immediately. well thats not how it works apparently and while he was just today awarded guardianship, he has to go to court to establish his right to the child.

So that was decided and he and his mother (who cares for the child 5 days a week while he drives as a trucker) leave with his lawyer and we deal with the 2 yr old we still have. the mother and father are basically gutter trash and have not even attempted to do anything to get their kid back. they just moved into the home of a guy who went to jail for raping children. anyway, they get ANOTHER 6 months to figure it out.

as we leave court, the case worker informs us that the 3 months that he has had the child is too much for him. All of the required court a pain in the neck. Its affected his ability to work overtime, and just overall has been a hamper to his prefered lifestyle.

His mother is livid and wants the kid.

I told the case worker the $ thing is BS. when a child is in care, the caregiver gets around $5,000 per year to take care of the child. At .40 a mile, thats 12,500 miles, or 200 hours of driving a year. And I know this guy isn't making .40 a mile.

Anyhoo its all jsut a really crappy situation and i could not deal with these people on a regular basis as a case worker.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
1. i don't know why i keep including southwest in my searches for flights. they're never the cheapest and it's not even close. they're consistently $100+ over legacy carriers.

2. my female dog goes to daycare everyday and she's developed into somewhat of a bully per the staff. she's begun to snap at other female dogs. so she is only allowed to play with male puppies since they can keep up with her constant playing/wrestling. hopefully she dials it back to not get kicked out. the daycare is cheap and right next to my apartment.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Kirkwood wrote:
1. i don't know why i keep including southwest in my searches for flights. they're never the cheapest and it's not even close. they're consistently $100+ over legacy carriers.

2. my female dog goes to daycare everyday and she's developed into somewhat of a bully per the staff. she's begun to snap at other female dogs. so she is only allowed to play with male puppies since they can keep up with her constant playing/wrestling. hopefully she dials it back to not get kicked out. the daycare is cheap and right next to my apartment.

Southwest prices are alway higher, but then you realize that on the other airlines you have to pay to get an assigned seat and to check and/or carry on a bag which makes Southwest cheaper. It's one thing if you fly alone, but a whole nuther ball game when you are trying to travel with kids.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:24 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Southwest prices are alway higher, but then you realize that on the other airlines you have to pay to get an assigned seat and to check and/or carry on a bag which makes Southwest cheaper. It's one thing if you fly alone, but a whole nuther ball game when you are trying to travel with kids.
Southwest is still more expensive, and if you fly more than once a year you should have the credit card that gives you free checked bags.

Don't forget Southwest is now $15-$25 per passenger each way to be able to board the plane at a reasonable time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Southwest is still more expensive, and if you fly more than once a year you should have the credit card that gives you free checked bags.

Don't forget Southwest is now $15-$25 per passenger each way to be able to board the plane at a reasonable time.

Not if you have kids!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:32 pm 

If that is your criteria then families with young kids are guaranteed to sit next to each other too on every airline.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:35 pm 

Southwest blows. People that are fanboys of that company are the worst.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:37 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Southwest blows. People that are fanboys of that company are the worst.
They were the best airline but they live off reputation and great marketing now.

It's hilarious how they act like not picking your seat until you get on the plane is a good thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:20 pm 

Saw my Asian doctor wearing a surgical mask in the wild and gave him a hearty greeting.

Except it wasn't him.

-Hank Kingsley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 190  Next