It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Well, now you know why he was wearing the mask.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Working through tax forms, apparently I cannot reduce my tax burden due to paying nearly $67K in college tuitions during 2018. One son can see a benefit if he files independently and my daughter can claim the amount of scholarship money in excess of her actual tuition as income to shield it from being my income, but i cannot get any benefit. Still glad to be able to send them out into the world debt-free.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:07 pm 

Happened onto the state 3A basketball final. LoHo and Jason Goff on the call. Game goes into the last 2 minutes of OT and abruptly switched to the beginning of the Sox game and now I miss the ending.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Regular Reader wrote:
Happened onto the state 3A basketball final. LoHo and Jason Goff on the call. Game goes into the last 2 minutes of OT and abruptly switched to the beginning of the Sox game and now I miss the ending.

Son and I were there. Great game.

Bogan missed quite a few front ends at the end of the game. When ESTL dunked to send it to OT, you knew they had it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Julie DiCaro's influencer reach surely has made you famous. Why didn't you introduce yourself?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Furious Styles wrote:
Julie DiCaro's influencer reach surely has made you famous. Why didn't you introduce yourself?

:lol:

I had to read this a few times before I got it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:51 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
K Effective wrote:
Working through tax forms, apparently I cannot reduce my tax burden due to paying nearly $67K in college tuitions during 2018. One son can see a benefit if he files independently and my daughter can claim the amount of scholarship money in excess of her actual tuition as income to shield it from being my income, but i cannot get any benefit. Still glad to be able to send them out into the world debt-free.

:shock: Good on you K. If my stepson graduates high school I'll get him a gift card to Dairy Queen. :eye:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:09 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I went to the Civil Rights Museum on St. Patrick's Day. (Awesome museum, by the way.) This is a minor complaint, but I feel terrible for my Irish friends like Telegram Sam and Seacrest:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
https://splinternews-com.cdn.ampproject ... 1793855618

Interesting piece on the history of the word "paddywagon". Also touches on paddywhack and Donnybrook.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I went to the Civil Rights Museum on St. Patrick's Day. (Awesome museum, by the way.) This is a minor complaint, but I feel terrible for my Irish friends like Telegram Sam and Seacrest:

I can't speak for 'crest, but as a Irishman I am always willing to forgive a little desultory tone if it's a good turn-of-phrase, and "paddywagon" has mad flow.

Speaking of which, I came up with this just now: what do you call an Irish guy's detox tremens on March 18th?

The Shamrock Shakes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Bought a Whirlpool Duet gas dryer off a buddy today. Hooked it all up and lo and behold...it doesn't turn on. The power button works, the settings buttons work, the light comes on when you open it...yet the "start/pause" button does nothing.

Anybody know anything about these thing?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
GoldenJet wrote:
Bought a Whirlpool Duet gas dryer off a buddy today. Hooked it all up and lo and behold...it doesn't turn on. The power button works, the settings buttons work, the light comes on when you open it...yet the "start/pause" button does nothing.

The answer to these types of problems can almost always be found on YouTube (seriously). It’s saved me on a number of occasions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
what he said. look on youtube. i've repaired 3 dryers just based on youtube videos alone. my dads, my dads buddy, and mine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I watch a lot of true crime TV stuff. I have started to notice that a lot of the guys they are looking for have one thing in common. Not gonna say cuze I don't want to get LTG going.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Telegram Sam wrote:
I can't speak for 'crest, but as a Irishman I am always willing to forgive a little desultory tone if it's a good turn-of-phrase, and "paddywagon" has mad flow.

Speaking of which, I came up with this just now: what do you call an Irish guy's detox tremens on March 18th?

The Shamrock Shakes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:54 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:

Made in Mexico thats why

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I don't know what made me more angry- the motherfucker pulling right out in front where I had to brake hard and veer to the right in order to not hit him OR the fact that he made no gesture of apology. Even a little "my bad" wave would have decreased my anger. I'd like to take his Lexus and shove it up his ass. Laid on the horn for a good 5 seconds to show my disgust. Happened right in front of a police officer. He just shook his head when I looked at him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
GoldenJet wrote:
Bought a Whirlpool

Living in the home town of the World Headquarters for this World's Largest Appliance Maker, I'm sorry to say that was the mistake you made. Except the 1959 laundry pair my wife inherited and our 1993 Whirlpool stove, we have been disappointed in a dozen products from "the Cesspool" over the last thirty years, and have returned to my roots as a GE family.

Check out http://www.AppliancePartsPro.com, lots of troubleshooting videos and great parts prices.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:57 pm 

I wish we had a Harolds chicken around this place

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Bought a Whirlpool fridge, which was delivered yesterday. They were over an hour late (outside the 1-5 window). I went to take a look before they brought it upstairs and notice a huge dent in the side. The slick delivery guy steps between the fridge and me, attempting to block my view. We refused delivery. What a pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I had the stomach flu from Wednesday night until Saturday evening. Finally felt normal last night.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
James are opening for the Psychedelic Furs at the Aragon. I don't want see the Furs and don't care for the Aragon.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
got 2 red light tickets from wheeling for making right turns on red off milwaukee.

i fucking hate this state and it's thieving rat governments

these squids have tentacles in every single one of your fucking pockets.

i can't wait to see what governor quimby has in store to shake down illinois residents. jumping this sinking ship is becoming more appealing by the day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Kirkwood wrote:
got 2 red light tickets from wheeling for making right turns on red off milwaukee.

i can't wait to see what governor quimby has in store to shake down illinois residents. jumping this sinking ship is becoming more appealing by the day.

try coming to a complete stop before turning at intersections that have cameras and the RED LIGHT camera signs posted... I roll red lights to turn right all the time like everyone else... but not at any intersection with a red light camera

or show up at your hearing and they probably waive the ticket.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
billypootons wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

try coming to a complete stop before turning at intersections that have cameras and the RED LIGHT camera signs posted... I roll red lights to turn right all the time like everyone else... but not at any intersection with a red light camera

i didn't notice the camera signs. i clearly broke the law. totally my fault.

i just hate these fucking cameras. they're just a tool to shake down citizens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kirkwood wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

i didn't notice the camera signs. i clearly broke the law. totally my fault.

i just hate these fucking cameras. they're just a tool to shake down citizens.

Ditto.

Just paid one for Western Springs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Those cameras are all about safety, not about money.

Just like the school speed zone cameras, where the signs informing motorists about them are almost always behind trees or otherwise not noticeable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i got nailed at Grand and Hunt Club a week after we moved to Grayslake. That was nice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I've joked for years that I wished I would get food poisoning so I could lose some weight quickly. My wish appears to have come true as I started feeling bad Friday morning but still went to work. By Friday night I felt miserable and cold and this weekend was not much fun at all. I think I should be recovered by tomorrow. Still had a rough morning today. I will not make light of food borne illnesses again. 8 lbs lost over the weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:30 am 
100000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
I've joked for years that I wished I would get food poisoning so I could lose some weight quickly. My wish appears to have come true as I started feeling bad Friday morning but still went to work. By Friday night I felt miserable and cold and this weekend was not much fun at all. I think I should be recovered by tomorrow. Still had a rough morning today. I will not make light of food borne illnesses again. 8 lbs lost over the weekend.
If thats what it takes to shoot a 71, I'd be all for it.

Feel better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 190  Next