It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
FavreFan wrote:
Not a big nature documentary guy but I enjoyed the 8 part Our Planet series. I would say I could have done without the constant lecturing on climate change, but I realize that was sort of the entire point of making the series.

Even Planet Earth 2 was a little hippie for my tastes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I can't even watch nature series anymore. There's nothing fun about them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
anyone checking out Black Summer? New zombie show on Netflix. I've seen the first couple eps and so far it's really good. Takes place in the early stages and has fast moving zombies who turn almost instantly upon death. More low budget than TWD.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
shakes wrote:
anyone checking out Black Summer? New zombie show on Netflix. I've seen the first couple eps and so far it's really good. Takes place in the early stages and has fast moving zombies who turn almost instantly upon death. More low budget than TWD.

Saw the first episode and enjoyed it. What FTWD should have been.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:56 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Just finished OA season 2. It's weird and could use more naked.

fan of season 1

I don't want to re watch the season and I kind of forget where I was at whether she was a psycho or an angel

I'll get to season 2 sometime because I thought it was a very thoughtful show by bright writers.

You don't need to re-watch season 1.

I started season 2 last night and got through a couple of episodes. I am hooked. It went a different direction than I thought but it is still a good direction. Jason Isaacs is an incredibly underrated actor and they were lucky to have gotten him for two seasons of this project.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Nardi wrote:
I can't even watch nature series anymore. There's nothing fun about them.

This. I used to love nature shows and would like to watch them with my kids, but now they’re all about how we’ve ruined the planet and every cool animal is going extinct...depressing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:58 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
shakes wrote:

I'm 4-5 eps in and it's good, but a very slow burn. Also, there's a couple suspension of belief things going on that are really bothering me. For one, it's at least 6 weeks in and 90% of the people we've seen are unarmed. WTF? That makes no sense. Also, where are all the zombies? The place should be crawling with them and yet there seems to be one or two in each neighborhood. As fast as these zombies are and as quick as people turn it makes no sense that there aren't zombies everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:10 am 

shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
shakes wrote:

I'm 4-5 eps in and it's good, but a very slow burn. Also, there's a couple suspension of belief things going on that are really bothering me. For one, it's at least 6 weeks in and 90% of the people we've seen are unarmed. WTF? That makes no sense. Also, where are all the zombies? The place should be crawling with them and yet there seems to be one or two in each neighborhood. As fast as these zombies are and as quick as people turn it makes no sense that there aren't zombies everywhere.

I watched a couple episodes of Black Summer last night. This show is fucking terrible, maybe even fun-bad. Terrible acting and writing all around. I feel like I'm watching a bad 80's horror movie where all the characters are making the dumbest decisions possible while being chased down by the killer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:12 am 

Shit now I'm dreading watching any more episodes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:54 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

It's not nearly as dreadful as Dbag is saying. It's definitely low budget so don't expect the gloss or polish of TWD, but it does a much better job with portraying the survivors as being scared shitless and not having superhero survivor skills. Takes multiple shots to get a head shot if they even get one which is rare. And the speed of the zombies and quickness of turning adds a whole new element of terror to the situation which you don't get in TWD.

If you like zombie/post apocalyptic genre you'll be entertained.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:59 am 

shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

It's not nearly as dreadful as Dbag is saying. It's definitely low budget so don't expect the gloss or polish of TWD, but it does a much better job with portraying the survivors as being scared shitless and not having superhero survivor skills. Takes multiple shots to get a head shot if they even get one which is rare. And the speed of the zombies and quickness of turning adds a whole new element of terror to the situation which you don't get in TWD.

I can agree it brings a little more "realness" to the zombie genre. I just can't comprehend that this outbreak is 6 weeks out. With these running zombies that turn almost immediately, civilization would probably be wiped out in less than a week. These zombies would be everywhere, and not just one or two random ones running around a neighborhood.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Two episodes in and one of my biggest complaints is the unnecessary black title cards interspersed in each episode.

It's ok so far. I'm somewhere between DB and shakes

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 am 

Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I can agree it brings a little more "realness" to the zombie genre. I just can't comprehend that this outbreak is 6 weeks out. With these running zombies that turn almost immediately, civilization would probably be wiped out in less than a week. These zombies would be everywhere, and not just one or two random ones running around a neighborhood.

yea, I agree that's a tough swallow when watching this show. That and the lack of weapons. I struggle quite a bit with both of those elements when watching this, but I'm still enjoying it overall. I like the different stories weaving together and the way the show is presented in 5-10 minute chapters.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:54 pm 

I watch the first 2 1/2 episodes last night. I'll finish it, but not anything that memorable.

The weapons thing is really strange to me. Hard to believe that anyone that has survived 6 weeks outside of wherever the evacuation area (stadium) is, would be walking around without any type of weapon. Woman driving around by herself and she doesn't even have a knife. Those people would be dead by zombie and/or other human quickly. I'm sure its a budget thing, but there should be zombies everywhere. They turn so fast after dying that there isn't even time for a mercy killing head shot in between. If one zombie got into a crowd of 100 people, you'd have 95 zombies and a couple lucky survivors in about 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:57 pm 

Finished four episodes and I think that’s it for me. Just a dull show imo.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I wanted to try this show, but you guys make it sound terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:41 am 

Through 2 more episodes and Black Summer is perfectly meh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:04 am 

pizza_Place: What??
It kinda sucks but there was a good fight in the bathroom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 am 

Reading a lot of LoLs at the thought of Black Summer being compared to Fear the Walking Dead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:22 am 

I'm 7 eps in to Black Summer and I'm really liking it. I admit I have a blind spot for this genre. The last couple episodes (Diner ep and outpost ep) have been interesting. Of all the zombie shows I've seen this one has done the best job in showing the formation of a group of strangers into a team of fighters. Also does a great job of showing the slow transition from clueless, lucky survivors running for their lives to a group that by the end is starting to figure things out and starting to get some confidence. There's no instant head shots or one shot blunt force trauma kills like in every other show.

I would definitely say it's much better than FTWD and probably better than TWD these days. At least if I'm judging it by which one I look forward to watching the most.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:48 am 

Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
shakes wrote:

I watched a couple episodes of Black Summer last night. This show is fucking terrible, maybe even fun-bad. Terrible acting and writing all around. I feel like I'm watching a bad 80's horror movie where all the characters are making the dumbest decisions possible while being chased down by the killer.

That nappy headed Seth Rogan look alike is one of worst acting jobs I have seen on TV in a while. His writing is horrible as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:53 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Two episodes in and one of my biggest complaints is the unnecessary black title cards interspersed in each episode.

It's ok so far. I'm somewhere between DB and shakes

I like the way they have it compartmentalized like chapters from a book.

I like the way this show is shot.

However, it just is not a very interesting story. Also, the stars of a zombie show are the zombies. As a writer, you have to define what type of zombie you want and stick with that definition. Here, sometimes the zombies can't even open up a door but other times they can run through fences. They also seem to have retained a lot of human intelligence in the way they hunt.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:25 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
shakes wrote:

That nappy headed Seth Rogan look alike is one of worst acting jobs I have seen on TV in a while. His writing is horrible as well.

I wanted him to die a billion times in his stand alone episode (I think episode 3?).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Didn't reread the thread but I watched all of After Life. Kind of a predictable ending but I liked it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:39 am 

I finished Black Summer. I really liked it. The last few episodes are pretty epic. Only issue was the final minute of the series is really fucking stupid.

But the last ep with all the survivors converging on the stadium was really cool.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:00 am 

Started watching Zoo. Not a bad show so far. Basically animals fight back against humans and wreak havoc.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Started watching Zoo. Not a bad show so far. Basically animals fight back against humans and wreak havoc.

This Zoo is much better.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_(2007_film)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:06 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:10 pm 

I enjoyed the Robert Johnson documentary Devil at the Crossroads

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I enjoyed the Robert Johnson documentary Devil at the Crossroads

I was tempted.

Having listened to an album or two of RJ I would’ve thought the devil was going to give him better skills for his soul.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 42  Next