It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Come on. Give the People What They Want...
May's Burger if the Month - El Guapo
1/2 lb burger on a scratch made bun topped with:

Sliced chorizo
Pico de Gallo
Chihuahua cheese
House-made crema
A pinch of cilantro and cotija cheese
(Available as chicken breast (grilled or fried) or as the Impossible burger upon request. (Sorry, we do not have Impossible Chorizo, although that's a good band name...)

Edit to include name of this bundle of joy.

Last edited by beni hanna on Fri May 03, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:36 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
I cannot think of one time in the 21st century that I have just shown up at a business without knowing what their hours of operation were, roughly, at least. And yet I have people, young people, not septuagenarians, trundling int my place every time the door is unlocked for deliveries or whatever, seeing that all the chairs and stools are up, all the front lights are off, and yelling "Helloooo!! Are you open?"

Millenials like me don't care about business hours. If your place was closed I would just order it in Amazon.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
beni hanna wrote:
Come on. Give the People What They Want...
May's Burger if the Month - El Guapo
1/2 lb burger on a scratch made bun topped with:

Sliced chorizo
Pico de Gallo
Chihuahua cheese
House-made crema
A pinch of cilantro and cotija cheese
(Available as chicken breast (grilled or fried) or as the Impossible burger upon request. (Sorry, we do not have Impossible Chorizo, although that's a good band name...)

Edit to include name of this bundle of joy.

Would you say that is a plethora of toppings?

Last edited by GoldenJet on Fri May 03, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:53 pm 

Yep. Definitely want to experience the chorizo before May is over. Just gotta get over their during business hours. When are they again?

edit: darned punctuation police

Last edited by beni hanna on Fri May 03, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
beni hanna wrote:
Yep. Definitely want to experience the chorizo before May is over. Just gotta get over there during business hours. When are they again?

Apparently whenever the door is unlocked.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
beni hanna wrote:
Yep. Definitely want to experience the chorizo before May is over. Just gotta get over there during business hours. When are they again?

They are very unpredictable, mostly determined by phases of the moon.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:08 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

They are very unpredictable, mostly determined by phases of the moon.

Interesting. Spaulding et. al get the royal board treatment. beni and I? 'check for the next blue moon'. hmmph

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:39 pm 

My 2nd daughter brings home a boy to meet us for the first time. I am watching the Rockets/Warriors game. He watches for a few mins and tells me, "this is a game I have never understood."

I am sorry son you will now have to leave my house and never talk to my daughter again...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
My 2nd daughter brings home a boy to meet us for the first time. I am watching the Rockets/Warriors game. He watches for a few mins and tells me, "this is a game I have never understood."

I am sorry son you will now have to leave my house and never talk to my daughter again...

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
RFDC wrote:

As a good Samaritan, you should call his dad and let him know.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:35 am 

RFDC wrote:

well, at least you have nothing to worry about on the date

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:

Just show him some LTG basketball posts. He'll fun for the hills and never speak to your daughter again.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Just got the motorcycle out of storage Saturday and it's going to be shit rain all week.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:25 am 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Just got the motorcycle out of storage Saturday and it's going to be shit rain all week.

Motorcycles, the truest sign of spring.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:

I dunno. Seems like a good opportunity to find out what he DOES get and why?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

Motorcycles, the truest sign of spring.
Disagree. Roadwork all over the place is the surest sign of Spring.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Who gives a fuck if he doesn't like modern NBA?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
we foster which puts us smack dab into some doozies of situations. This one I believe might be the craziest we've ever been involved with.

Mother has 2 children ages 3 and 1.5 with 2 different fathers. Also not really important to the story but of note...she is a little person. 2 fathers are not, 2 children are not. Children have been run through the system. 2 families they've been with have gotten divorced so they've got into emergency care a few times and have had 3 long term placements.

We took in both of them last fall with the idea that the older would eventually go to their fathers' house (he recently was discovered to be the father...they didn't know for 3 years) but he had to get somebody who couldn't pass a background check out of his house before that could happen.

3 yr old went to live with her father in January. These people are nitwits. they basically require she sit still and not do anything all day long and are basically livid when she does anything wrong. There is an old lady who lives there too who just shouts, make it stop and covers her ears when the kid crys from being punished. This has all been observed by the caseworker.

2 weeks ago they were evicted because they just stopped paying rent. They refuse any help from the state and are looking for rentals in nice neighborhoods in places they can't afford. They are now living in a hotel.

The mother is still with the father of the 1.5 yr old. The problem there is that they don't do anything. they don't come to visits, they haven't seent heir children/child in 12 weeks. They can't drive so they have to take the bus. DCFS has supplied the bus passes for them but has threatented to take them away if they don't come.

Side note : one thing that irritates the shit out of me is that DCFS bends over backwards to reschedule, and make accomodations for these shitheads. they called one time and were like they would like to move the visit to friday at 11:00 is that ok. i asked for the phone and told the caseworker... no this doesn't work. its a major inconvenience to everyone to reschedule a thing that they haven't came to 6 weeks in a row. its clear they are just trying to be difficult. a light bulb apparently went off wiht the caseworker.

The mother and father of hte 1.5 yr old keep moving and they keep moving into peoples homes who are on sex registries. Its absurd.

We just learned this morning that the father broke up with the mother because DCFS just cut off bus passes.

He has 8 kids with 8 different mothers. All of the mothers have like some sort of disability mentally.

In illinois, once you decide you will begin to terminate rights, it takes over 6 months to make happen. They state is finally deciding that this is the plan to take with the 1.5 yr old.

if the other guy becomes homeless, the state will have to take the 3 yr old back into care too.

the whole other part of this is that the mother has said that the father of the 3 yr old is inappropriate with children, and the father of the 3 yr old says that the mother and father have touched the 3 yr old inappropriately (every visit they HAVE gone to is supervised)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:18 am 

just needed to get some of that off my chest. I'm basically livid any time we are dealing with this.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:24 am 

hnd wrote:
we foster which puts us smack dab into some doozies of situations. This one I believe might be the craziest we've ever been involved with.

Mother has 2 children ages 3 and 1.5 with 2 different fathers. Also not really important to the story but of note...she is a little person. 2 fathers are not, 2 children are not. Children have been run through the system. 2 families they've been with have gotten divorced so they've got into emergency care a few times and have had 3 long term placements.

We took in both of them last fall with the idea that the older would eventually go to their fathers' house (he recently was discovered to be the father...they didn't know for 3 years) but he had to get somebody who couldn't pass a background check out of his house before that could happen.

3 yr old went to live with her father in January. These people are nitwits. they basically require she sit still and not do anything all day long and are basically livid when she does anything wrong. There is an old lady who lives there too who just shouts, make it stop and covers her ears when the kid crys from being punished. This has all been observed by the caseworker.

2 weeks ago they were evicted because they just stopped paying rent. They refuse any help from the state and are looking for rentals in nice neighborhoods in places they can't afford. They are now living in a hotel.

The mother is still with the father of the 1.5 yr old. The problem there is that they don't do anything. they don't come to visits, they haven't seent heir children/child in 12 weeks. They can't drive so they have to take the bus. DCFS has supplied the bus passes for them but has threatented to take them away if they don't come.

Side note : one thing that irritates the shit out of me is that DCFS bends over backwards to reschedule, and make accomodations for these shitheads. they called one time and were like they would like to move the visit to friday at 11:00 is that ok. i asked for the phone and told the caseworker... no this doesn't work. its a major inconvenience to everyone to reschedule a thing that they haven't came to 6 weeks in a row. its clear they are just trying to be difficult. a light bulb apparently went off wiht the caseworker.

The mother and father of hte 1.5 yr old keep moving and they keep moving into peoples homes who are on sex registries. Its absurd.

We just learned this morning that the father broke up with the mother because DCFS just cut off bus passes.

He has 8 kids with 8 different mothers. All of the mothers have like some sort of disability mentally.

In illinois, once you decide you will begin to terminate rights, it takes over 6 months to make happen. They state is finally deciding that this is the plan to take with the 1.5 yr old.

if the other guy becomes homeless, the state will have to take the 3 yr old back into care too.

the whole other part of this is that the mother has said that the father of the 3 yr old is inappropriate with children, and the father of the 3 yr old says that the mother and father have touched the 3 yr old inappropriately (every visit they HAVE gone to is supervised)

Holy shit, dude. You and your wife are saints. Those poor kids.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
hnd wrote:
just needed to get some of that off my chest. I'm basically livid any time we are dealing with this.

Some people are assholes.
DCFS in Illinois is the worse. Is QCP one of your caseworkers? I have probably ridden the bus with these winners.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
You're a good man, hnd, despite your infatuation with trash and rectums.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:29 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

It's a specific rectum. Not rectums in general.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:42 am 
100000 CLUB

Telegram Sam wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Eaglo wrote:
Damn near killed him!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:43 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Eaglo wrote:
Damn near killed him!

:lol: Now you're just trolling me.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:48 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
hnd wrote:

Some people are assholes.
DCFS in Illinois is the worse. Is QCP one of your caseworkers? I have probably ridden the bus with these winners.

no he is an investigator and i don't think we ever have to deal with him.

our caseworker is new and is overworked. i believe she's working 15 cases currently. i can see how the whole system is discombobulated. I also get the 1st initial goal of any case is reunification. But I feel like in illinois, they drag on the reunification process way too long. too many chances. at some point in time the well being of the children has to take precedence and in Illinois that's way to far down the road.

Its made me way more empathetic to the plight of poor people (lets face it, that's who's getting their kids taken away) Most are born into identical situations. Many of the parents of the children we've taken in came out of the foster system themselves so that DCFS is involved is a natural eventuality for them.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:57 am 

Telegram Sam wrote:

Holy shit, dude. You and your wife are saints. Those poor kids.

my wife is the saint. i was hellbent on not doing this. I agreed to attend the training as a "learn more about it" thing that would hopefully placate my wife and then i'd say, nope.

about 2/3 through the training (4 saturdays of all day classes) i realized 2 things. #1, we have the means and there is a definite need...and #2, the alternative was these clods i was surrounded by in the training...one guy every question was about $$$.

it was obvious what i needed to do.

but regarding the poor kids. its tragic. the 1.5 yr old is thriving with us. we love her to death. I was pretty steadfast in telling my wife, WE ARE NOT ADOPTING ANY OF THESE KIDS....but this kid is eating away at me and the possibility of adoption is real in this situation and is tugging at me pretty hard.

the 3 yr old, is messed up. she's just gonna be. her dad and grandmother are just pieces of trash. but they get first dibs so to speak. but the kid is absolutely miserable there. But DCFS can't do anything because they meet the MINIMUM standard of care.

Now they are trying to manipulate the $ situation. Because its his kid, he does not get the room and board reimbursement (about $400 a month), but if she went to the grandmother, they would. So NOW he's saying that he does not want her....its too much of a drag on his lifestyle (he's a trucker who spends all the rest of his time playing video games) and of course the grandmother is like BUT I DO....they live together...

at the last team meeting, the mother didn't show up...this guy (the father of the 3 yr old) was like, "of course she didn't show up " in a can you believe the nerve of this lady type of way...i'm like mfer you are living IN A HOTEL.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:58 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

rectums and trash is the exact description of dealing with parents who have their kids taken away.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

Good kid

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
RFDC wrote:

what is there to get? put ball in hoop. you get points.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 190  Next