It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
hnd wrote:
we foster which puts us smack dab into some doozies of situations. This one I believe might be the craziest we've ever been involved with.

Mother has 2 children ages 3 and 1.5 with 2 different fathers. Also not really important to the story but of note...she is a little person. 2 fathers are not, 2 children are not. Children have been run through the system. 2 families they've been with have gotten divorced so they've got into emergency care a few times and have had 3 long term placements.

We took in both of them last fall with the idea that the older would eventually go to their fathers' house (he recently was discovered to be the father...they didn't know for 3 years) but he had to get somebody who couldn't pass a background check out of his house before that could happen.

3 yr old went to live with her father in January. These people are nitwits. they basically require she sit still and not do anything all day long and are basically livid when she does anything wrong. There is an old lady who lives there too who just shouts, make it stop and covers her ears when the kid crys from being punished. This has all been observed by the caseworker.

2 weeks ago they were evicted because they just stopped paying rent. They refuse any help from the state and are looking for rentals in nice neighborhoods in places they can't afford. They are now living in a hotel.

The mother is still with the father of the 1.5 yr old. The problem there is that they don't do anything. they don't come to visits, they haven't seent heir children/child in 12 weeks. They can't drive so they have to take the bus. DCFS has supplied the bus passes for them but has threatented to take them away if they don't come.

Side note : one thing that irritates the shit out of me is that DCFS bends over backwards to reschedule, and make accomodations for these shitheads. they called one time and were like they would like to move the visit to friday at 11:00 is that ok. i asked for the phone and told the caseworker... no this doesn't work. its a major inconvenience to everyone to reschedule a thing that they haven't came to 6 weeks in a row. its clear they are just trying to be difficult. a light bulb apparently went off wiht the caseworker.

The mother and father of hte 1.5 yr old keep moving and they keep moving into peoples homes who are on sex registries. Its absurd.

We just learned this morning that the father broke up with the mother because DCFS just cut off bus passes.

He has 8 kids with 8 different mothers. All of the mothers have like some sort of disability mentally.

In illinois, once you decide you will begin to terminate rights, it takes over 6 months to make happen. They state is finally deciding that this is the plan to take with the 1.5 yr old.

if the other guy becomes homeless, the state will have to take the 3 yr old back into care too.

the whole other part of this is that the mother has said that the father of the 3 yr old is inappropriate with children, and the father of the 3 yr old says that the mother and father have touched the 3 yr old inappropriately (every visit they HAVE gone to is supervised)

This is the most depressing word problem I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:26 pm 

Got home about 1/2 hour ago and discovered a fire in an apartment building on the next block. 6 fire trucks are still on the scene and now I look outside to see 3 vans parked near my home lilike it's a staging.area. These board up companies are worse than vultures.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
T-Bone wrote:
After 11 years it appears my employer caught onto me using the message board so I'm blocked

Same :(

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
hnd wrote:
we foster which puts us smack dab into some doozies of situations. This one I believe might be the craziest we've ever been involved with.

Mother has 2 children ages 3 and 1.5 with 2 different fathers. Also not really important to the story but of note...she is a little person. 2 fathers are not, 2 children are not. Children have been run through the system. 2 families they've been with have gotten divorced so they've got into emergency care a few times and have had 3 long term placements.

We took in both of them last fall with the idea that the older would eventually go to their fathers' house (he recently was discovered to be the father...they didn't know for 3 years) but he had to get somebody who couldn't pass a background check out of his house before that could happen.

3 yr old went to live with her father in January. These people are nitwits. they basically require she sit still and not do anything all day long and are basically livid when she does anything wrong. There is an old lady who lives there too who just shouts, make it stop and covers her ears when the kid crys from being punished. This has all been observed by the caseworker.

2 weeks ago they were evicted because they just stopped paying rent. They refuse any help from the state and are looking for rentals in nice neighborhoods in places they can't afford. They are now living in a hotel.

The mother is still with the father of the 1.5 yr old. The problem there is that they don't do anything. they don't come to visits, they haven't seent heir children/child in 12 weeks. They can't drive so they have to take the bus. DCFS has supplied the bus passes for them but has threatented to take them away if they don't come.

Side note : one thing that irritates the shit out of me is that DCFS bends over backwards to reschedule, and make accomodations for these shitheads. they called one time and were like they would like to move the visit to friday at 11:00 is that ok. i asked for the phone and told the caseworker... no this doesn't work. its a major inconvenience to everyone to reschedule a thing that they haven't came to 6 weeks in a row. its clear they are just trying to be difficult. a light bulb apparently went off wiht the caseworker.

The mother and father of hte 1.5 yr old keep moving and they keep moving into peoples homes who are on sex registries. Its absurd.

We just learned this morning that the father broke up with the mother because DCFS just cut off bus passes.

He has 8 kids with 8 different mothers. All of the mothers have like some sort of disability mentally.

In illinois, once you decide you will begin to terminate rights, it takes over 6 months to make happen. They state is finally deciding that this is the plan to take with the 1.5 yr old.

if the other guy becomes homeless, the state will have to take the 3 yr old back into care too.

the whole other part of this is that the mother has said that the father of the 3 yr old is inappropriate with children, and the father of the 3 yr old says that the mother and father have touched the 3 yr old inappropriately (every visit they HAVE gone to is supervised)

We defiantly need more good people like yourself and your wife in the world.

The wife and I, have chatted about foster care/adoption before. I am not sure I could have a little one come into the house for a small period of time and leave. I think the emotional attachment would be too great for me to handle, so I have said ok to adoption at some point.

Kudos to you guys for having to deal with this and provide a stable environment for young children.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Why do we defiantly need more good people in the world?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I was gonna do it but thought I wouldn't mess up a high five to a guy doing good.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I was gonna do it but thought I wouldn't mess up a high five to a guy doing good.

You're a better man than I am, Mike.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Have you looked at this board? There are a lot of terrible people who need balancing out.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 am 

I just recently noticed that the house baseball league scheduled championships for July 6. Every freaking person in this country is looking to make that a long weekend because of July 4 on a Thursday...including me. We have a full family weekend my parents put together in Florida. I can't miss it but I wouldn't miss it either. The team looks like it is going to be pretty good and my boy is an instrumental part. I know if I tell the coaches now, they will end up cutting back their reliance on him at positions he should play in house league. I think I'm just going to wait and drop it on them as the season ends. I'll pray for rain that Saturday. I'd normally move heaven and earth to get him there but fuck this league for even thinking of it. This is house league. People aren't changing big plans for this. You couldn't end the season the previous weekend or the weekend after?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I just recently noticed that the house baseball league scheduled championships for July 6. Every freaking person in this country is looking to make that a long weekend because of July 4 on a Thursday...including me. We have a full family weekend my parents put together in Florida. I can't miss it but I wouldn't miss it either. The team looks like it is going to be pretty good and my boy is an instrumental part. I know if I tell the coaches now, they will end up cutting back their reliance on him at positions he should play in house league. I think I'm just going to wait and drop it on them as the season ends. I'll pray for rain that Saturday. I'd normally move heaven and earth to get him there but fuck this league for even thinking of it. This is house league. People aren't changing big plans for this. You couldn't end the season the previous weekend or the weekend after?

I was told yesterday that the U-13 Edgebrook squad is the goods this year.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:

Get him out of house league next year. Believe me, you can find a travel team that plays only 20-30 games and doesn't need to go to Buttfuck, Iowa on the 5th of July. My kids never played over memorial day or the 4th.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:12 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'd be surprised if any team up north that age or less will do much vs. Horner Park or Warren(?)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'd be surprised if any team up north that age or less will do much vs. Horner Park or Warren(?)

Buffalo Grove would do quite well I'm sure.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:16 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Rookie :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:20 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Times have changed. A few short few years ago, there was only one decent travel program and one little league north of Downers Grove

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The Hamlin Park kids looks pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Times have changed. A few short few years ago, there was only one decent travel program and one little league north of Downers Grove

I was on the original Longshots team a long time ago. :lol: Long long time ago.

And it was originally a 16" softball team.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Travel baseball is hilarious. Parents pay 3K so they can think their child is a great player. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:34 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
The Hamlin Park kids looks pretty good.

I always forget about them.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:35 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Travel baseball is hilarious. Parents pay 3K so they can think their child is a great player. :lol:

3k is light

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:36 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That would be an interesting evolution of the program. 12 has always been the line of demarcation with kids sticking until playing until they go to Cooperstown and then scattering to the distance of their own vanity.

I'm trying to think who would be 13 Gold (A team). There are 2-3 kids who are the kids into whom their father's have placed all their dreams. I know there is one whose father has Todd Marinoviched him. I could see them being good until an age they acquire free will.

There is no doubt the overall program is stronger than it was when it started maybe a decade ago. It still has its natural limitations as it only pulls from the little league. There are chumps who want to change that. It's my opinion that the program mission is to be part of the league and if you want differently, you are perfectly within your rights to start your own program with its own mission.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:38 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

3k is light

Travel is decimating in-house baseball leagues, particularly in inner-city and lower income areas. I've seen it first hand.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:

That's a stereotype. When my kids played 15 years ago it was a few hundred bucks, 25 scheduled games and 1 trip out of town. They had a blast. Everybody did. So fuck off.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:44 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That's a stereotype. When my kids played 15 years ago it was a few hundred bucks, 25 scheduled games and 1 trip out of town. They had a blast. Everybody did. So fuck off.

You just said 15 years ago. It's no longer a stereotype.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:45 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Our program is very inexpensive at about $500.

We have volunteer coaches. I'm not going to say I know everything there is to know about baseball. However, I think I know enough to get a kid to a degree of competency and baseball knowledge where he will be ready to play in high school if he chooses. I admit that I'm not good enough to fully develop pitching but I'm not bad. We hire a guy in the area during the off season who pitches for the Brewers minors. I like the guy but I just don't see next level teaching. I am just not seeing it from these "professional" coaches that I think any of our kids are at a disadvantage. Yet, its those coaches that are driving the price (along with generally unnescessary long distance travel).

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:46 pm 

The good leagues still loan their travel players back to in house to keep the in house competitive. But not every league does this.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

We have volunteer coaches. I'm not going to say I know everything there is to know about baseball. However, I think I know enough to get a kid to a degree of competency and baseball knowledge where he will be ready to play in high school if he chooses. I admit that I'm not good enough to fully develop pitching but I'm not bad. We hire a guy in the area during the off season who pitches for the Brewers minors. I like the guy but I just don't see next level teaching. I am just not seeing it from these "professional" coaches that I think any of our kids are at a disadvantage. Yet, its those coaches that are driving the price (along with generally unnescessary long distance travel).

All of this and then some.

We paid $800 one year, and went to Cooperstown.

$500 bucks a year and some solid competition.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

dolphin, when you were a kid, did you play in a Park district league? I played at Dunham. Those still must be viable entities, because I get unending requests to sponsor them.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:51 pm 

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Get him out of house league next year. Believe me, you can find a travel team that plays only 20-30 games and doesn't need to go to Buttfuck, Iowa on the 5th of July. My kids never played over memorial day or the 4th.

House league is fun. He likes to play with and against his friends in the neighborhood and not be typecast positionally.

The championship day picnic is a great time. Good food and drink. Games go on for probably 8 hours and kids not playing in their game hang out to cheer on friends.

My complaint is about the scheduled date.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:52 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

All of this and then some.

We paid $800 one year, and went to Cooperstown.

$500 bucks a year and some solid competition.

Does that cover insurance or insurance provided already by then?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 190  Next