It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Murph ripped Theo and Maddon a new one on today's show. and this was BEFORE Tonight's debacle!

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=27269431

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:39 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
HawaiiYou wrote:
Murph ripped Theo and Maddon a new one on today's show. and this was BEFORE Tonight's debacle!

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=27269431

Murph really unloaded on Theo, but kind of made Joe out to be the victim of Theo's blunders.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Hadn't listened to Murph in years, but did catch a few mins and found his Theo thoughts interesting, definitely not gonna hear Theo ripped on the flagship. He had a great point about how the major and minor league scouting had let the team down. When your approach is to build a team by drafting position players and buy pitching you better hit on the pitchers you buy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Forgot to add Murph played his old theme song when he was on WLS back in the late 80s.

Thanks for bringing this one back Murph!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaSTSdksGlU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:21 am 

It's sad that there is no spot at the Score for Murph. I think he would be a good weekend listen after the baseball shows. I understand that his problems might be self inflicted but Mitch has to learn to let things go in the industry. Hood would be better than the overwhelming majority of talent at the station and he is still exiled because he wasn't nice to Telander a decade ago....but Lawrence, he can do no wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
good dolphin wrote:
It's sad that there is no spot at the Score for Murph. I think he would be a good weekend listen after the baseball shows. I understand that his problems might be self inflicted but Mitch has to learn to let things go in the industry. Hood would be better than the overwhelming majority of talent at the station and he is still exiled because he wasn't nice to Telander a decade ago....but Lawrence, he can do no wrong.

i agree, bring back the heavy fuel crew and the monsters too while were at it... can they reanimate buffone and van lier too? what else do we remember as good 10+ years ago we can bring back?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:37 am 

billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

i agree, bring back the heavy fuel crew and the monsters too while were at it... can they reanimate buffone and van lier too? what else do we remember as good 10+ years ago we can bring back?

Murph is doing good work TODAY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Looking forward to Shaer and Memolo replacing Bernstein and McKnight.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Murph is doing good work TODAY

OKC has a lot of youtube videos of murph doing good radio on B&B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:50 am 

Thought I heard Murph say that if he called in he would use the name, "Kenny Owens", somethings will never die.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Tad Queasy wrote:
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Looking forward to Shaer and Memolo replacing Bernstein and McKnight.

Memolo has actually become good at talking about baseball on XM, it helps that he alternates between two good partners in Jeff Joyce and Steve Sax.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:00 am 

Murph is an odd dude, but he still is able to do a well paced and energetic sports radio show. Baseball talk on WSCR has devolved into 10 minute radio stats classes, boring hosts and even more tedious "experts" at the end of the segment everyone is in agreement with each other that a good slider is an effective pitch. Entertaining sports talk radio involves disagreement and dispute between hosts, guests, and callers. Boers apparently wrote an entire chapter in his book on Murph, so love him or hate him, he's provided the station with hours of content.