It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Dude hope she's okay.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yeah AAA is on it. But mountains, cold and daughter just not fun obviously.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Hope she's alright Mike.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:04 pm 

She’s fine. Car is whatever. Waiting on AAA. Btw if you have kids at any distance at all AAA premium is priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:12 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
pittmike wrote:
She’s fine. Car is whatever. Waiting on AAA. Btw if you have kids at any distance at all AAA premium is priceless.

Sorry to hear that, mike. That kind of stuff is terrifying as a parent.

I'm glad to hear she's OK.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 pm 

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:49 am 

9/2/95-3/8/16 RIP Princess. You are missed terribly.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:21 am 

Keep your head up Mike, we all wish the best for you and your family.

2016 was an absolutely horrific, shit of a year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
What Rader said.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:20 pm 

pittmike wrote:
9/2/95-3/8/16 RIP Princess. You are missed terribly.

:( My best to you and your family today.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
What Rader said.
BTK?

Hang in there Mike. She is with you today in someway, shape, or form.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Best wishes mike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Best wishes mike

Very sorry as well Mike. I can’t begin to imagine what you’re going through but we’re all with you

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Someone barely missed my neighbor's mailbox but hit mine so hard there are pieces everywhere. I got video of the car but it isn't a car from my block and naturally I can't see where it stopped after knocking my mailbox down. I can just see them leaving 5 minutes later.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
The saga that has been our current foster adventure never will seem to end.

We foster a 3 year old amazing little girl. We also had her older sister who was also sweet but a handful. Eventually, that one's father (different fathers) won custody and has been living in a smoke-filled hotel room with her grandmother, aunt, and father for the last 6 months.

regarding the little girl we have. It is now in the termination stages. She's been in care for 2.5 years as the judge keeps giving chances but now the state DCFS head honcho lawyer has stepped in and is like enough is enough. These people have made 0 efforts (mother and father) to get their child back.

The mother is now pregnant again.

The father has 6 other children with 6 other women that have eventually gone into care. because he's a piece of garbage and all these other women have mental issues so are unable to care for the child.

We will be adopting the 3 year old and are willing to take the newborn when its born.

her parents are completely oblivious that this is the end. that the child is about to be taken away from them for good.

The judge has issued continuances at least half a dozen times but that is over (neither of them have shown up for court this entire time)

the mothers lawyer is trying to convince her to give up rights. The fathers lawyer has never even spoken to his client.

Its just a mess that somehow the state of illinois just keeps allowing to go on.

now we are finding out that the older sister who was given to her father might be taken back into care as well. The father is being investigated because his exwife called teh hotline saying he touched one of his other daughters (that he had with her) inappropriately.

I finally had to be the bad guy and said we would NOT take the older sister back. she would be such a disruption to our family and is already doing like wierd sexual things as a 4 yr old. i'm not having it.

They said there is a chance though that they'd attemtp to keep the 2 siblings together and possibly remove the child we have if they found a home that would accept both.

However our caseworker said that adoption paperwork is already being worked on so there is probably no way they'd do that at this point.

basically a disaster.

no QCP involvement at this point either.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:12 pm 

hnd wrote:
The saga that has been our current foster adventure never will seem to end.

We foster a 3 year old amazing little girl. We also had her older sister who was also sweet but a handful. Eventually, that one's father (different fathers) won custody and has been living in a smoke-filled hotel room with her grandmother, aunt, and father for the last 6 months.

regarding the little girl we have. It is now in the termination stages. She's been in care for 2.5 years as the judge keeps giving chances but now the state DCFS head honcho lawyer has stepped in and is like enough is enough. These people have made 0 efforts (mother and father) to get their child back.

The mother is now pregnant again.

The father has 6 other children with 6 other women that have eventually gone into care. because he's a piece of garbage and all these other women have mental issues so are unable to care for the child.

We will be adopting the 3 year old and are willing to take the newborn when its born.

her parents are completely oblivious that this is the end. that the child is about to be taken away from them for good.

The judge has issued continuances at least half a dozen times but that is over (neither of them have shown up for court this entire time)

the mothers lawyer is trying to convince her to give up rights. The fathers lawyer has never even spoken to his client.

Its just a mess that somehow the state of illinois just keeps allowing to go on.

now we are finding out that the older sister who was given to her father might be taken back into care as well. The father is being investigated because his exwife called teh hotline saying he touched one of his other daughters (that he had with her) inappropriately.

I finally had to be the bad guy and said we would NOT take the older sister back. she would be such a disruption to our family and is already doing like wierd sexual things as a 4 yr old. i'm not having it.

They said there is a chance though that they'd attemtp to keep the 2 siblings together and possibly remove the child we have if they found a home that would accept both.

However our caseworker said that adoption paperwork is already being worked on so there is probably no way they'd do that at this point.

basically a disaster.

no QCP involvement at this point either.

That sounds horribly frustrating. I'd like to think I'm a compassionate person but you've certainly gone above and beyond. The world needs more people like you and your wife.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
good luck hnd, hopefully it goes through. keep us posted.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
for us it's just frustrating for the continuations. The child is oblivious to any of this as a 3 year old. she doesn't even know her birth mother as her mother at this point. she doesn't understand why she goes to these visits in the first place. the mom just sits on her phone and hardly even talks to the kid. the visits are mostly for her and her older sister to bond but that kid basically ignores her and begs her mom to also be able to play on the phone.

I don't know how I could be a caseworker. she said she had 10 mothers with kids already in care that are pregnant. and half the mothers are crackhead/methheads.

one good thing here is that the mother will have had 3 c sections when her current child is born and the dr's will strongly suggest that she get her tubes tied.

on the flipside we found out that the new child will be a boy. and it will be the fathers first boy and he will likely fight tooth and nail to keep him (although they say it will be unsuccessful) .

if you close your eyes and i tell you to picture the whitest of trash in your brain, you will probably not be too far off.

oh and at this meeting they told us that even after rights are terminated, the parents have 30 days to appeal. and they probably will, and that appeal will probably take 6 mo. only then can she be permenantly adopted.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:41 pm 

Two Post (5 yrs) and Three Post (3 yrs) are out of school/day care till April 10th at earliest. Mrs. Post and I both work full time and have no idea how this will work - us working half days, from home, in law, help, sitters - everything will be in the mix. My company is probably 85% chance to go bankrupt or have some major restructuring. Would like to think I survive, but who knows. On top of this my wife fractured both feet yesterday, and had one of them fixed with screws today.

I am a very positive outlook guy, but even I feel overwhelmed - the next 5 weeks seem unsurvivable. We need school to resume in the worst way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
One Post wrote:
Two Post (5 yrs) and Three Post (3 yrs) are out of school/day care till April 10th at earliest. Mrs. Post and I both work full time and have no idea how this will work - us working half days, from home, in law, help, sitters - everything will be in the mix. My company is probably 85% chance to go bankrupt or have some major restructuring. Would like to think I survive, but who knows. On top of this my wife fractured both feet yesterday, and had one of them fixed with screws today.

I am a very positive outlook guy, but even I feel overwhelmed - the next 5 weeks seem unsurvivable. We need school to resume in the worst way.

Both feet? Sounds like you both need to be at home. Sorry to hear about this.

Any chance you can work at home?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:16 pm 

How did it happen?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:40 pm 

One Post wrote:

That sucks and I feel for you. FWIW these things usually have a way of working out, even when that path doesn’t seem obvious. I hope your next post shows that to be true.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
One Post wrote:

That sucks, were fortunate enough to have a 19 year old senior isu student to step in and babysit for 4x a week for 150$ a day. Her mom comes on Fridays.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:46 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
One Post wrote:

That sucks and I feel for you. FWIW these things usually have a way of working out, even when that path doesn’t seem obvious. I hope your next post shows that to be true.

What Zippy said my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Hang in there One Post. One day at a time we’ll all get through it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:52 pm 

tommy wrote:
One Post wrote:

Appreciate the sympathy. I can work from home but honestly with 3 + 5 year old here, not much gets done. Three year olds crave your attention and can’t rationalize things like daddy is talking to his friends who cost money to talk to so can you please do that puzzle by yourself. I honestly think the plan will be that I work in the office 1/2 a day and try to jam as much shit out as I can, then come home and full time dad it to let her get a solid 1/2 day of work in. Like I said, in law help, and babysitter help will be invaluable.

She just caught a stair wrong, rolled the one ankle to the point of fracture, and then didn’t stick the landing and fractured the other.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
One Post wrote:

Agreed

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
No college kids in the neighborhood? They aren't going back.. it'll buy ya 4-5 months til school is back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 pm 

One Post wrote:
tommy wrote:
One Post wrote:

Appreciate the sympathy. I can work from home but honestly with 3 + 5 year old here, not much gets done. Three year olds crave your attention and can’t rationalize things like daddy is talking to his friends who cost money to talk to so can you please do that puzzle by yourself. I honestly think the plan will be that I work in the office 1/2 a day and try to jam as much shit out as I can, then come home and full time dad it to let her get a solid 1/2 day of work in. Like I said, in law help, and babysitter help will be invaluable.

She just caught a stair wrong, rolled the one ankle to the point of fracture, and then didn’t stick the landing and fractured the other.

My wife did the same thing but broke her ankle. And only on ankle, so she was able, after a few days, to go into work.

That's totally true about working with little ones. I also felt guilty when I was focused for a few hours and they were running around or watching tv. I never appreciated in-laws so much.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:03 pm 

312player wrote:
One Post wrote:

That sucks, were fortunate enough to have a 19 year old senior isu student to step in and babysit for 4x a week for 150$ a day. Her mom comes on Fridays.

I remember getting child care was unbelievably hard, and I recall feeling fortunate when we did find people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 190  Next