It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let’s Talk...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Hatchetman wrote:
nobody fucking wants to hear about politics either way. if you know which party a guy votes, half the people are going to hate him automatically. stupid business model for a sports talker.

Mitch Rosen still doesn't get that. Jimmy de Castro had to clean up his mess once already.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
de Castro created his own mess in the process.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Hatchetman wrote:
nobody fucking wants to hear about politics either way. if you know which party a guy votes, half the people are going to hate him automatically. stupid business model for a sports talker.

Whenever one hears someone provide strong, poorly thought out meatball thoughts on any subject, you question their ability to critically think through any subject, and begin to dismiss their opinions entirely. Find myself thinking this all the time about score hosts with meatball views on politics, especially Hub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Parkins1 wrote:
Chicago hasn’t elected a Republican Mayor since 1927. Cook County voted 74% democrat in 2016. Statewide in 2018 all 6 top elected officials statewide were won by Democrat.

This is a blue state. I don’t know how all people lean politically at the station but yes I agree the majority of us lean left - which is representative of our audience.

Not that I think BadRogue is engaging in this conversation in good faith but there are some facts for you.

Mark Cuban joins the show at 4pm today shortly after he gets off a call with POTUS. Should be fascinating. Hope you tune in.

No comment on Clay Travis taking you behind the woodshed?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Jbi11s wrote:
Aren’t MANY Chicagoans Democrats in name only?

Yes, Chicago is actually a staunchly conservative city.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Trump received a little over 38 percent of the vote in Illinois, over 2 million votes. I doubt 4 of every 10 people who are on air at the score voted for Trump. By Parkins logic, he shouldn't work in Texas, Georgia, and other states that have voted Republican for pres, Senate etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:54 pm 

Phil Leotardo wrote:
Trump received a little over 38 percent of the vote in Illinois, over 2 million votes. I doubt 4 of every 10 people who are on air at the score voted for Trump. By Parkins logic, he shouldn't work in Texas, Georgia, and other states that have voted Republican for pres, Senate etc.

A strong majority of white men voted for Trump. Whether that be in Illinois or anywhere else. It is outside the realm of possiblity that of the dozens of white dudes working at WSCR none voted for him. It would be statistically remarkable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Antarctica wrote:
Phil Leotardo wrote:

A strong majority of white men voted for Trump. Whether that be in Illinois or anywhere else. It is outside the realm of possiblity that of the dozens of white dudes working at WSCR none voted for him. It would be statistically remarkable.

I'm sure every ad salesman voted for him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:43 pm 

Great job today calling citizens of the US COV-IDIOTS for using the constitutional rights.

Nice interview with Cuban, although it was funny hearing you guys be disappointed that he did not criticize Trump.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Great job today calling citizens of the US COV-IDIOTS for using the constitutional rights.

Nice interview with Cuban, although it was funny hearing you guys be disappointed that he did not criticize Trump.

Kaep protesting ? Noble and just . Citizens of Michigan exercising their constitutional rights ? Idiots .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
RFDC wrote:

Very sad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
RFDC wrote:
You hear what you want to hear.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:56 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
You hear what you want to hear.

No, I heard it just fine.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Antarctica wrote:
Phil Leotardo wrote:

Is it dozens? Are you including every producer who speaks? And of all the people on the Score, how many never mention their political views? Lastly, your idea of 38% of white men in Illinois is not the only statistic you should look at. Look at the rest of the demographic of the hosts- urban, college-educated, and members of that "lamestream media." 38% of that group did not vote for Trump.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Was the Cuban interview worth getting the podcast today?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:12 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Was the Cuban interview worth getting the podcast today?

I've heard from respected sources that it was worth it.

I'll check it out later.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Forgot about this. I love Cuban.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:46 pm 

The interview was fine.

Nothing of note at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Parkins1 wrote:
As for Macs contract, I’ll let him speak to that but I’ve been assured our show isn’t going to be broken up or impacted as a result of the pandemic.

I agree caller driven segments with direction work best and not simply open phones... I’ve long thought a “suggestion box” type segment could work. I also miss the voicemails from the spiegel and parkins show. That was a fun caller driven bit even though it was edited.

As for addressing this Board’s favorite obsession I’ll take a pass other than to say I just don’t get why it makes you all so angry and I think it brings out the absolute worst in places like this. Just don’t listen or unfollow. Simple. I came here to address criticisms or questions directed at me, my show, and the station yet 25% of you want to talk about something else. I’m here under my name and have plenty to lose while you guys get to be anonymous. If you don’t see how that changes the dynamic on some things that I can and can’t talk about I just can’t help you.

As for Clay Travis and the amount of “engagement” I got I don’t know... you think that’s going to help my career going at someone who is employed by two national companies? He’s a fraud and I can’t stand him and I think on this Covid stuff he’s been dangerous. My stance has always been if you wanna he Skip Bayless and have a fake opinion on Lebron v MJ then fine, it gets your attention and it’s just sports. But if you have a fake opinion aimed at generating attention and division on shit that matters like race (Whitlock) or an issue of public health (Travis) I’m gonna call you out.

What a chinless, sackless pu$$y.
Skip, Whitlock and Travis would all knock you out with a girl slap on the back of your head "Danny".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Kaep protesting ? Noble and just . Citizens of Michigan exercising their constitutional rights ? Idiots .

The two Dannys would be setting fire to government buildings if that legal Illinois weed was re-criminalized.
I peacefully protest by not listening to The Score in the afternoon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Antarctica wrote:
A strong majority of white men voted for Trump. Whether that be in Illinois or anywhere else.

Well, that's just not true... only 55.7% of the voting age population in the US even cast a vote for the presidency. I assume that would be even lower in a state like Illinois where the outcome is largely expected before the votes are even added. The majority of white men did not vote for Trump, and in fact the majority of white men did not vote for anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Spaulding wrote:
Forgot about this. I love Cuban.

I'm a big fan of Eva Mendes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
shirtless driver wrote:
Parkins1 wrote:
As for Macs contract, I’ll let him speak to that but I’ve been assured our show isn’t going to be broken up or impacted as a result of the pandemic.

I agree caller driven segments with direction work best and not simply open phones... I’ve long thought a “suggestion box” type segment could work. I also miss the voicemails from the spiegel and parkins show. That was a fun caller driven bit even though it was edited.

As for addressing this Board’s favorite obsession I’ll take a pass other than to say I just don’t get why it makes you all so angry and I think it brings out the absolute worst in places like this. Just don’t listen or unfollow. Simple. I came here to address criticisms or questions directed at me, my show, and the station yet 25% of you want to talk about something else. I’m here under my name and have plenty to lose while you guys get to be anonymous. If you don’t see how that changes the dynamic on some things that I can and can’t talk about I just can’t help you.

As for Clay Travis and the amount of “engagement” I got I don’t know... you think that’s going to help my career going at someone who is employed by two national companies? He’s a fraud and I can’t stand him and I think on this Covid stuff he’s been dangerous. My stance has always been if you wanna he Skip Bayless and have a fake opinion on Lebron v MJ then fine, it gets your attention and it’s just sports. But if you have a fake opinion aimed at generating attention and division on shit that matters like race (Whitlock) or an issue of public health (Travis) I’m gonna call you out.

Skip, Whitlock and Travis would all knock you out with a girl slap on the back of your head "Danny".

He called people who protested in Michigan COVIDIOTs. If he doesn't like the protest why doesn't he ignore or change the channel when it's covered. Why use his forum to bring out the worse in him and denounce people without trust funds?

This guy showed he has about zero depth in his opinions. Honestly the Score should put Curious Hair on. He's liberal, twice as smart, and infinitely more interesting.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
shirtless driver wrote:
Parkins1 wrote:

He called people who protested in Michigan COVIDIOTs. If he doesn't like the protest why doesn't he ignore or change the channel when it's covered. Why use his forum to bring out the worse in him and denounce people without trust funds?

This guy showed he has about zero depth in his opinions. Honestly the Score should but Curious Hair on. He's liberal, twice as smart, and infinitely more interesting.

And he admits if he was wrong. MANY people from both political sides should follow his lead.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:10 pm 

Only stupid regular people should ignore things they dont like. Big brained geniuses like Mr. Sports Talk Radio Man of course need to give us their input on every little thing. You see, Danny Parkins has skimmed four articles from The Atlantic in the last month and he is very informed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Monica Lewinsky wrote:
Forgot about this. I love Cubans.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Antarctica wrote:
Only stupid regular people should ignore things they dont like. Big brained geniuses like Mr. Sports Talk Radio Man of course need to give us their input on every little thing. You see, Danny Parkins has skimmed four articles from The Atlantic in the last month and he is very informed.

It is an interesting flattening. Parkins was clearly gifted a job. You can't tell me that after a week or two of training the majority of people here couldn't discuss sports on the radio in at least as interesting or as effective a way as him. He just got in under the old rules, and he still plays them. This thread was created to wag his finger at us for suggesting the Score was in trouble.

Nick Wright and his legacy parents are no way to learn about history either. That guy is fucking clueless.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Moderate liberal here, I think Parkins does fine as well as Mac when it comes to politics. Only two people who go politically crazy now and one does not work anymore at the Score.

Obvioulsy not in the radio business, but I do have friends and family members who listen to 1000 due to politics. They are completly hypocritical, but I get it.
Sports radio is going to be mostly white people and a lot from the suburbs and rural area, truck drivers, etc. Not really Wicker Park demo.

An example is my father. He is a moderate politically, but Bernstein mean spirited attitude and far left politics switched him for 6 years now going or about to Waddle/Silvy.

I like Parkins and Mac. Have not been listening for a while because of no sports, but listened today. Was real excited about the Cuban interview, but it was just flat.

Nothing Mac and Parkins or Cuban did, just no real information from a big meeting which might have.

Curious if Danny could give us some inside info on how the station or industry is gonna keep going during this time period without sports?
In a few years things should be back to normal, but what about advertisers, how many non sport people can you book, what exactly can you talk about after a few months? First month or two fine, but like anything what material can you find. Obviously no ones fault, just a weird situation with so much uncertainty.
Everyone in business is facing this situation in some way.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Who knew COVIDIOT was such an insult? :lol:

Whaaa-whaa Parkins and McNeil are so mean! They called people COVIDIOTS! MANY board members need to go see a doctor for their throbbing va-jay-jays. Good grief

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kirkwood wrote:
Who knew COVIDIOT was such an insult? :lol:

Whaaa-whaa Parkins and McNeil are so mean! They called people COVIDIOTS! MANY board members need to go see a doctor for their throbbing va-jay-jays. Good grief

Attacks on people who they have political differences with are fine, but you're out of line if you attack them in any way.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next