It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
tommy wrote:
312player wrote:
One Post wrote:
Two Post (5 yrs) and Three Post (3 yrs) are out of school/day care till April 10th at earliest. Mrs. Post and I both work full time and have no idea how this will work - us working half days, from home, in law, help, sitters - everything will be in the mix. My company is probably 85% chance to go bankrupt or have some major restructuring. Would like to think I survive, but who knows. On top of this my wife fractured both feet yesterday, and had one of them fixed with screws today.

I am a very positive outlook guy, but even I feel overwhelmed - the next 5 weeks seem unsurvivable. We need school to resume in the worst way.

That sucks, were fortunate enough to have a 19 year old senior isu student to step in and babysit for 4x a week for 150$ a day. Her mom comes on Fridays.

I remember getting child care was unbelievably hard, and I recall feeling fortunate when we did find people.

It wasn't easy, I didn't find her.. she's turning 20 next week and she's an A student finance major. One of the sharpest kids I've met.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:59 am 

Sorry to hear it One Post. Get the 3 year old a Kindle Fire. Take it away when the world is safe again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sorry to hear it One Post. Get the 3 year old a Kindle Fire. Take it away when the world is safe again.

You know what's fun? Matches.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:14 am 

312player wrote:
tommy wrote:
312player wrote:
One Post wrote:
Two Post (5 yrs) and Three Post (3 yrs) are out of school/day care till April 10th at earliest. Mrs. Post and I both work full time and have no idea how this will work - us working half days, from home, in law, help, sitters - everything will be in the mix. My company is probably 85% chance to go bankrupt or have some major restructuring. Would like to think I survive, but who knows. On top of this my wife fractured both feet yesterday, and had one of them fixed with screws today.

I am a very positive outlook guy, but even I feel overwhelmed - the next 5 weeks seem unsurvivable. We need school to resume in the worst way.

That sucks, were fortunate enough to have a 19 year old senior isu student to step in and babysit for 4x a week for 150$ a day. Her mom comes on Fridays.

I remember getting child care was unbelievably hard, and I recall feeling fortunate when we did find people.

It wasn't easy, I didn't find her.. she's turning 20 next week and she's an A student finance major. One of the sharpest kids I've met.

You hit that? And I mean "crack", not sleep with.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am at work on a monday while everyone else relaxes apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
pittmike wrote:
I am at work on a monday while everyone else relaxes apparently.

Well, science...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I think I just saw a commercial for rice krispies treats that featured a small boy at a ballet tryout?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Darkside wrote:
I think I just saw a commercial for rice krispies treats that featured a small boy at a ballet tryout?

I was silently rooting for him to beat out Julie's son.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Text from my good friend I’ve known the longest this morning. His brother passed at 50 of early onset Alzheimer’s. His mother passed from the same thing when he was in college. His dad died when he was a kid when a deer struck him while riding his motorcycle. He’s the only one left. Just feel for him and not really in a position where I can go and visit with him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:11 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Text from my good friend I’ve known the longest this morning. His brother passed at 50 of early onset Alzheimer’s. His mother passed from the same thing when he was in college. His dad died when he was a kid when a deer struck him while riding his motorcycle. He’s the only one left. Just feel for him and not really in a position where I can go and visit with him.

I'm supposed to be a friend's mother's funeral as I sit here. But reading the restrictions in place, there was no way that I was going.

And I'm nervous about the memorial service for my best friend's dad moved from last month to three weeks from now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:12 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
I'm supposed to be a friend's mother's funeral as I sit here.

ARE YOU JEWISH?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Regular Reader wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I'm supposed to be a friend's mother's funeral as I sit here. But reading the restrictions in place, there was no way that I was going.

And I'm nervous about the memorial service for my best friend's dad moved from last month to three weeks from now.

Sorry to hear this. You have to do what's best for you and your family. I'm sure your friends will understand.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

ARE YOU JEWISH?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:26 pm 

@Nas They understand. That I've been out with them rarely in years has long told the tale.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:27 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

ARE YOU JEWISH?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad someone got that.

In all seriousness RR, sorry to hear that, these are some of the saddest and frustrating situations in this deal. A family I know here had to have a funeral via facebook live. How crazy is that? Families cannot even meet to bury their own. So sad.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:28 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

ARE YOU JEWISH?

No, but I'm willing to try. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:30 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

:lol: And I despise Tyler Perry.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:31 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

ARE YOU JEWISH?

No, but I'm willing to try. :wink:

:D

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Regular Reader wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

:lol: And I despise Tyler Perry.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
I'm tired of these "experts" and their MODELS which are used to PREDICT the equipment, contamination numbers and deaths. Like all statistical models, these things are only as good as the DATA that they are basing their conclusions on. I know they say that but they still talk about the CONCLUSIONS which in turn alarms the shit out of people who hear this stuff. Plus a lot of the information that they are using is from the Chinese for cripes sake and we know what a bunch of lying assholes that government is.

I think that Trump should follow his instincts and to put a damper on these scientists and their faux data base models which are all filled of doom and gloom. I do not believe this shit is going to be as bad as is being predicted. And also while I'm in a bitchy mood. What the bleep is wrong with Fauci and company regarding this treatment that many doctors are using to to treat the people who have this virus to the point where some state governments are banning its use to treat the China virus because a complete study of the drug hasn't been conducted yet? Its asinine on these "scientists" part and I happen to think that some big money interests are involved in the thinking of this and actually do not want this cocktail of drugs to work because it is cheap and they aren't going to get big time pay-offs when something else gets prescribed.

I think that Trump got argued out of opening the country when he wanted to and that is okay as far as it goes. But I hope like hell he doesn't cave to these scientists because of the projections of some statistical models that are being used. THis country needs to open for business while working safely and acting intelligently about protecting the employees and the customers. Both can be done and should be done. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

I just got caught in a hailstorm on my bike. I'm out there dodging COVID and lightning. Then the hail starts. It was like someone was throwing rocks off my helmet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:37 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I just got caught in a hailstorm on my bike. I'm out there dodging COVID and lightning. Then the hail starts. It was like someone was throwing rocks off my helmet.

Christ man no sympathy here. That shit was in the forecast for days.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I didn't know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:41 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I didn't know.

You're old. Read a damn newspaper.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
So I record my workouts on Strava. Strava is a popular App that uses GPS to map and record different workouts. You can follow athletes and friends and give kudos to each other. It is bad enough that I have to look at my pathetic times knowing what I used to be able to do when I was younger and in good shape. But I got an email yesterday about some 20-something year old beating my best time on a recent run. I didn't sign up for this. Fuck you Strava!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
So...my Dad checked himself in to the hospital this afternoon. He has CHF (takes water pills, etc..) and has been struggling with breathing and comfort the last day and a half. The are not testing him for the COV, but Mom is worried. I'm not worried bc he's been dealing with heart shit since 94. I liken this to an oil change or gutter cleaning...

Sis is worried, but that's what she does. Mom made a double old fashioned tonight. My guess is that she's passed out on the couch by now.

Anywho, it's a bit stressful.

I'm fine...you're fine. eVeryThing is fine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hope everything works out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
What the hell is with The Drive playing the SSB at noon every day? Ye gods.

Hope things have improved significantly there doug.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Cannot cannot cannot abide with "random" humor. Just the absolute bottom of the barrel, shit-tier stuff right there. Just the fuckin pits and Facebook is TEEMING with it. Cesspool. Its Chuck Norris jokes for people with even LESS of a personality than people who like Chuck Norris jokes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 190  Next