It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:29 pm 

Congrats Newper!!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Hawg Ass wrote:
Congrats Newper!!

Man that was a tough one -- i will shorten the time to one week because it was so close. Give me tonight to come up with a suitable avatar. It was fun to have a rooting side in a sports match though!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 6:40 pm 

newper wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Congrats Newper!!

Man that was a tough one -- i will shorten the time to one week because it was so close. Give me tonight to come up with a suitable avatar. It was fun to have a rooting side in a sports match though!

3 weeks was the wager, 3 weeks it will be!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
We golfed with another couple. Many good shots but still turning great drives into bogies or awesome approaches into 3 putts.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Foursomes, single rider carts, and driving ranges will be allowed in Phase 3.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Franky T wrote:

Ten minutes between tee times.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:01 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Had my second poor round in a row yesterday. Hitting the ball decent but making a mistake and then compounding it with bad self talk and then making another bad choice instead of sometimes taking my medicine and moving on. Two doubles and two triples will get you every time. I wasn’t planning on playing today but I need to snap out of the funk. Playing next four days in a row and possibly Monday although the weather looks a bit shaky Sunday and Monday. Just going to slow things down half a turn today and work on a consistent pre shot routine. Lost all confidence in the putter as well but going to give it one more round before putting it in jail. Hope you guys are getting out this holiday weekend. I have a feeling I’ll need to go back to the office soon so trying to get in as much as I can.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Franky T wrote:

Sounds like the charity I do will be on then and I wont have to drive around with someone I dont want to talk to. Win win..

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Playing tomorrow afternoon, Saturday in a 2-man scramble (9)/ best ball (9) tournament Saturday, and Monday in a 4-man best ball (take 2). Haven't touched a club in at least 10 days. Sometimes that does the trick. I hope so at least, or else it's going to be an expensive weekend.

Hoping the weather cooperates. Looks more like scattered storms than a washout right now.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:28 pm 

Three doubles again today. Missed MANY makeable putts. I know it’s not the putter but it’s going to jail for the first time this year. My chipping and putting have been abysmal the last week except for one round. I’ve shanked at least one Ball the last four rounds. On the bright side I love the new driver and it’s kept me in play a lot. Long irons have caused the most pain lately. Still early and looks to be dry early tomorrow and also Sunday. Very likely taking Monday off and looks wet anyway. If I get Saturday and Sunday in, that’s walking 5 rounds in a row and likely my limit.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Walked 18 at Green Garden this morning (5:40am tee time). Forgot how damn spread out that course was. Shot 78.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:51 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Walked 18 at Green Garden this morning (5:40am tee time). Forgot how damn spread out that course was. Shot 78.

We’ve been teeing off before six as well. By the time we finish around 9:15 the tee boxes are stacked 3 deep on all three courses and the lot is full. At least half the plates are from IL. It’s nuts. I wouldn’t even try to play in the afternoon. Ranger told us he pulled seven cart keys Thursday alone.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am 

Finding new and not necessarily more interesting ways to blow up. 83 with two doubles and a triple. Hard to bust 80 when you have at least three a round. No shanks so we will call that a moral victory. I made two long putts but in general the putting was not much better. I think I need to follow through a bit more. My miss is a pull to the left. Better luck tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I would love to be good enough at golf to consider a score of low eighties a blow-up round. Hope you figure it out soon, buddy.

Mid morning round on Monday with the weather looking a little more promising.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:14 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I would love to be good enough at golf to consider a score of low eighties a blow-up round. Hope you figure it out soon, buddy.

Mid morning round on Monday with the weather looking a little more promising.

Well I don’t want to come off as some kind of golf snob but I’ve been hitting the ball well enough to shoot mid 70s golf and posting scores 6-8 strokes higher, I think we all can relate to that ( wasting shots). Keep at it Frank, I don’t remember how long you’ve been playing. I probably have an advantage that I’ve been doing it for almost 40 years.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Hitting the links today. Fully expecting a hot, rough round. But hey, at least I’m out there.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Think I might go to a range next week.. we shall see. Need enough rain so I can’t work but not so much that I don’t want to be out in it.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 am 
100000 CLUB

83 at a par 66 course yesterday. Off the tee and in the fairway, outside of one lost ball, I hit the ball very well. My putting and most of my chips/pitches were atrocious. Seven 3-putts, a duffed chip, and like 3 or 4 others that ended up at least 30-40' away from the flag. At one point I hit 7 GIR in a row, with only two pars to show for it thanks to awful lag putts and chips that were nowhere near the flag. Really warm and humid and fatigue was definitely a factor towards the end of the round. Still disappointing not to break 80 on a short course like that. On the front 9 I had a 41, with 19 putts. And that included two one putts- birdie on the first, par on the second. 17 putts over 7 holes is no gouda. Used a 4 iron off the tee on a couple of short par 4s and really hit that club well. Used a 5 iron to 'lay up' on the lone par 5, and ended up leaving that about 50' short of the green. Probably the best I hit my mid and long irons over the course of a round in two, maybe three seasons. Used driver six times and only one was bad, but got lucky with a bounce off of a fence back into the fairway.

Thinking maybe of getting again Saturday as ranges and practice areas will open finally open up on Friday, but we'll see.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
looks like I'm playing Friday afternoon at Thunderhawk with some buddies. Got a haircut already set up for that same day at noon.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:31 am 

shakes wrote:
looks like I'm playing Friday afternoon at Thunderhawk with some buddies. Got a haircut already set up for that same day at noon.

Playing Washington County on Saturday.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:43 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
shakes wrote:

Nice! Love that place. Gotta be one of the best values in the entire country. I assume it's an even better value for you as a county resident or is the price the same?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Our league is making a trip the last weekend in June to Ohio south of Youngstown. Going to be nice to get a Fri-Sun of golf and freedom. Only restriction only couple in the carts which is sometimes easier for game if it is guys with guys :shock: and vice versa due to shot distances.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:25 am 

shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
shakes wrote:

Nice! Love that place. Gotta be one of the best values in the entire country. I assume it's an even better value for you as a county resident or is the price the same?

It is like $20 cheaper for County residents. The rate on Saturday is $59, which is a steal.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:46 pm 

Put new grip on my 2 iron and a Super Stroke on the new Scotty Bullseye myself tonight. It wasn’t too difficult but we will see how they turn out and how straight they look when they dry. I’m driving down to Pine Meadow tomorrow morning for a range session. I want to be one of the first on the pristine range this year and then spend some time chipping, hitting sand shots and putting. Hoping for a reboot going into the weekend. If work looks good I may play Monday as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Cog Hill tomorrow. Foursome. All single carts. Thunderdome.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:12 am 
100000 CLUB

7am tomorrow at Coyote Run. I'll continue to walk. Will be nice to have get an early start and play a round played with a proper warm up session; Hit 20-25 balls on the range, 20 minutes at the chipping/bunker area, 20 minutes on the putting green.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:38 am 

Great weekend of golf. Played Friday with a few buddies at Thunderhawk. Had our own carts which really speeds things along. I had a good front with a 42, but fell apart on the back with a 53 for a smooth 95. Very tough course, not sure I've ever broken 90 there.

Yesterday played Buffalo Grove with the wife. Totally different day. Been driving the ball well so far this year and it continued to get even better yesterday. The draw came back pretty early and stuck around the whole day. Didn't miss too many fairways all day. Also had one of the better short game days I've ever had in my life. Chipped in for birdie from 20 yards out on one hole. Had a sandie to 6 inches. Had a 50 yard chip to 6 inches. Drilled 30 foot putt. Drilled at least 3 putts outside 10 feet. Hit a few more outside 5 feet. Never had a putting day like that before. Ended up with a 80 for the day. Drove through the fairway and into a creek on 18 which sucked as it was best drive of the day, cost me breaking 80.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:51 am 

I suck at golf now, the end!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Me too.

96 on Saturday including a 10 on a par 4 with three balls in the water. My short game was much better which kept me in the double digits, and when I kept the ball in play I hit my driver and irons well. Was just all over the place and consistently inconsistent. Started out with four bogeys on par 4s then parred a par 3, so to start I was feeling pretty good and playing well. Then came a double, the ten, a three putt double, but I did drain a long putt to save par on the 9th. Three more lost tee shots on the back 9 made breaking 90 impossible.

We followed a foursome of walkers who were painfully slow, and just terrible. Three of the four had to be over 100. As a threesome it took us almost 4.5 hours to play.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Me too.

96 on Saturday including a 10 on a par 4 with three balls in the water. My short game was much better which kept me in the double digits, and when I kept the ball in play I hit my driver and irons well. Was just all over the place and consistently inconsistent. Started out with four bogeys on par 4s then parred a par 3, so to start I was feeling pretty good and playing well. Then came a double, the ten, a three putt double, but I did drain a long putt to save par on the 9th. Three more lost tee shots on the back 9 made breaking 90 impossible.

We followed a foursome of walkers who were painfully slow, and just terrible. Three of the four had to be over 100. As a threesome it took us almost 4.5 hours to play.

I always found that very slow play cost me about 4 shots a round, between being out of rhythm and justentqlly distracted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next