It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Michaels on Broadway
Check out the Mully And Hanley Myspace page at:

http://www.myspace.com/mullyhanley670

So far it's been an interesting couple of weeks setting up new elements of the show and the guys adjusting to the morning lifestyle. We welcome any feedback what you like/dislike about the show. The fellas have always been one to cater to their audience, and this forum we will treat no different. If you have thoughts on what we should try/stop doing...etc.....let us know....Good or Bad.

We're looking forward to the future.....and we hope you join us on the trip!!

-RoCk
(M&H Crew)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

It has to be such a releif for you to not be working with that dumb ass, Rock. To actually have a show that doesn't include stupid arguments and dumb conversations.

I get the impression you're thrilled about this change, Rock.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Have you talked to Jen Jen recently, Rock? Does she still think Pappy will get her another gig? Does she think a Pappy/Jen Jen show is close to happening? Is she hanging with Pappy every day?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Rock wrote:
The fellas have always been one to cater to their audience

That's Rock's direct shot at Pappy. That a boy, Rock.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Let 'em know they're welcome to visit, Rock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:59 pm 

Location: A little town called none of your god-damned business
Thanks Rock. You are doing a great job as the show continues to sound better. Overall, the show is great and the guys really seem to be taking to the time slot. The drops are great and the show needed more of that kind of thing, just be careful not to go too far or corny in order to avoid a Murph-esque cornfest. Working with M&H after working for the bloviator must be like heaven on earth. Congrats.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
TeeLander wrote:
I guess it can't hurt to have such a page

Unless they're trying to get a job working for BigFan.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Rock, first of all, congrats on the new position.

Mix in some heavy sh-t into soundbites used to go in and out of breaks.

And, what Beebo said.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:30 am 
1000 CLUB

Looks like you did the right thing Rock by stayin. A sound guy would have looked foolish setting up Norths sound system in his Condo after his House gets foreclosed. Norths "GOPHER" if you will.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

You guys act like Rock had a choice.

Hmmm. Let's see. Quit, with no other job, and a new wife and kid. Then what? Wait for Pappy to get a job? This would have been a month out of work for Rock already. Plus, you can't get unempoyment benifits if you quit. I don't think Rock could have afforded that.

Plus, you guys are all assuming that Pappy will have a say in his production staff. He might but it's not a guarentee. Some GMs and PDs wouldn't allow that. Some of these other stations have good people working there.

I also don't think there is this overwhelming loyalty from Rock to Pappy. Shit, do you think it matters who Rock produces for? Hanley, Mully or Pappy. What the fuck does Rock care? Rock thinks Pappy is an ass hole like we all do. Sure, he has to say nice things about him but that's only to keep his options open if he needs Pappy for a job one day.

Last edited by Beardown on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:19 pm 

Rock likely had the same choice jen jen the cretan had. Pappy would have made all sorts of BS promises to people. That is what stupid idiots combined with a big ego do. Rock knew better and that made his choice a smart one and jen's choice on the same level of idiocy as north's decision to thumb his nose at $800K. All of these people were dealing with their livelihoods. Rock picked smart, the other two...well you know.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Right. I think people forget that Pappy didn't employ Jen or Rock. The Score did. Plus, Rock has built up some time at the Score. The bosses there know him.

No offense Rock, but going into WLS or WGN with those tattoos, nose ring, and spiked hair might not make that great of an impression on them. Doesn't matter if Pappy tells them you're good. They are the ones that will choose to hire you. That's just a fact in the business world. Especially at WGN and WLS. Hey, music stations don't mind that shit. They like that rebel look. The Score already has accepted you, Rock. You have some tenure and standing there. So, of course, you made the right choice. But it really wasn't a choice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
dropped a notch in my book, espeically if they talk about it.

"Be our friend at-___--_--_____" would make me puke

Maybe they too can find a half assed nightclub chick and take credit for whatever success she gets

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just so everyone is clear....we all had a choice.

I talked to Mike about 2 weeks ago, he wanted to check in and see how everything is going. He unfortunately couldn't make it to my wedding because of some personal family reasons, so we caught up on what's going on. I haven't talked to Jen since the wedding, but I hear she's excited about Mike's upcoming possibilities.

After the show was taken off the air, I chose to keep working rather than use vacation time. Everyone decided what they wanted to do on their own. I worked for a couple of days with Russ Mitera who is our director of imaging and used those couple days to learn a couple of things (pro-tools wise) that I didn't know already. Plus I could come in at 8 (when really I still came in at 7) and sleep a little bit.....plus....lunch breaks!!! Haven't had one of those in a while.

Jen and Fred took some vacation days to relax, Fred was back to work the next week and we all know what Jen chose to do. Matt Weber decided to do the same thing I did.

As far as Mike getting work somewhere in the market....I know nothing about his offers, but I am expecting a phone call when he decides what he wants to do. If I go with him or not, I'm not sure. I prefer to wait and see rather than let it weigh on my brain.

As far as the whole mohawk/labret/eyebrow/tattoo's comment. I have walked the halls of WGN Radio, and yes....I would be out of place.

As for now, I'm excited to be on the Mully and Hanley show and I'm gonna work my hardest to try my best to make this show what it could be and what we expect it to be. We've already improved alot of the aspects they already had in place, and we just added the Hour Of R&R in the 6 o'clock hour which I think is a perfect way to start a show off by using as much production as possible to recap the games of last night and have react for the entire hour with callers and M&H thoughts as well.

We're looking to implement some other elements soon....and again we hope you join us as we build this show day by day.

Hope this answers some questions ya'll have had......

I'll be around.....keep checking the myspace page for daily updates, and we appreciate you listening.

-Rock
(M&H Crew)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Rock, I know you had "a choice". We all can choose to quit or work at any job. That goes without saying. I was just saying, in your position, you really didn't. Not with a new wife and kid. Shit, you need those health benefits for that "new born". That's probably more important than your salary at this point.

Hey Rock, some advice: When you get that call from Pappy saying he's got a new gig and wants to put the band back together you're gonna be excited. You'll hear the "how lucky can one guy be" music playing in the backround at Pappy's house. You'll hear Jen making drinks in the backround. Fritzy will be shouting stupidity. My advise to you: Don't call Mitch and quit until you actually talk to the GM at Pappy's new station. Pappy will say "youse is in Rock". Just cuz he says that doesn't mean he has final say. I'd make sure I hear from the GM or PD of that new station that you are officially hired. Just don't get all excited and quit the Score before you meet with the GM. Maybe they have people they already like. Maybe they won't like those tattoos.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

By the way, I think Jen Jen has been waiting by her phone every day for that "Pappy call." I really don't think that call is coming.

Rock, I don't think you realize what a huge failure that "Pappy" morning show was. Not too many PDs think much of Pappy. He's not this big star that you think he is - that he told you he was. Maybe you do realize it. You just have to say nice things about Pappy cuz you might need him later in case he does find another sucker. I can understand that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:05 pm 

Thanks for the info Rock. The MySpace page is great...lots of good stuff there. Keep up the food work and forget Pappy...he's done.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Just checked out the myspace. I'm not a myspacer but love to check out bands and such pages on there.

1. Love the logo. Where do I get a black tshirt with that badass beer and shamrock logo on?

2. Show segments on the player - excellent. Hope this gets updated daily. I found the myspace player to work better than Score's podcast system. Something for you guys to look into.

3. Tell Mully to go easy on his giddy aunt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
My Coach Vinny wrote:
Just checked out the myspace. I'm not a myspacer but love to check out bands and such pages on there.

1. Love the logo. Where do I get a black tshirt with that badass beer and shamrock logo on?

2. Show segments on the player - excellent. Hope this gets updated daily. I found the myspace player to work better than Score's podcast system. Something for you guys to look into.

3. Tell Mully to go easy on his giddy aunt.

Or invite the giddy aunt on the show and have her bitchslap him. That'd be 5 minutes' good radio :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Rock wrote:
Plus I could come in at 8 (when really I still came in at 7) and sleep a little bit.....plus....lunch breaks!!! Haven't had one of those in a while.

You need a lunch break for a show that aired from 6-10am?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
aparicio wrote:
Thanks for the info Rock. The MySpace page is great...lots of good stuff there. Keep up the food work and forget Pappy...he's done.

Rock's working with food? I thought that's what Jen Jen would be doing by now.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Bagels wrote:
Rock wrote:
Plus I could come in at 8 (when really I still came in at 7) and sleep a little bit.....plus....lunch breaks!!! Haven't had one of those in a while.

You need a lunch break for a show that aired from 6-10am?

Maybe they should refer to it as a breakfast break.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Panther pislA wrote:
Rock, tell Mully and Hanley to get their asses some tags and get the hell on this site.

There is no excuse why they do not have their own presence on here like Mac.

They are not like North, who you always had to 'spokesperson' for - they are big boys and probably type one hell of a lot faster than we do.

And screw what the Sun Times would say about publishing works outside of the paper - if their show can beat M&M, everyone knows that they are going to kiss the failing print media industry goodbye for good anyhow.

Jeez, they could tippy-tap a few things in in-between trips to the latrine, for crying out loud.

Let's get on it already, Rock!

I'm telling you honestly that I am currently 'on the fence' with them, and I, and many others, need just the slightest of nudges to go the M&H way!

i will suggest, but I can't force.....we're still building the myspace thing for now and thinking of some exclusive stuff we can do with it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Amazing how that Morning Demographic changed in one short month. Went from the guys who can't use computers to the MySpace kids.

But of course now the old guys who could not use computers must have got computers, so they can FADE picks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:58 pm 

Panther, I'm not sure why you think your post will mean much to M&H. I'm sure Rock won't waste his or their time reading your post to them. They seem to do things the way they are comfortable and it is very fan-friendly radio. I don't think their MySpace performance has much to do with the quality of their show. You seem a bit of the starf&cker. Try calling in, maybe you'll get the whiff of the fame you're looking for

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:05 pm 

aparicio wrote:
Panther, I'm not sure why you think your post will mean much to M&H. I'm sure Rock won't waste his or their time reading your post to them. They seem to do things the way they are comfortable and it is very fan-friendly radio. I don't think their MySpace performance has much to do with the quality of their show. You seem a bit of the starf&cker. Try calling in, maybe you'll get the whiff of the fame you're looking for

Now remember, he is the same guy that was for sure going to get Ozzie to have Thome to bunt down the 3rd baseline to break up the shift :roll: :lol: :roll:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:04 am 

No bitterness from me to you.
I didn't take our exchange over North's teacher buddy as any offense. In fact, I thought it was hilarious how you fell for that and got all worked up.
It just seems like all of your posts are bitter and you come off as an asshole every time. That's all. :salut:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:45 am 

Panther pislA wrote:
Well, at least AJ is bunting all of the time now - it is a start!

AJ has always been a player that would lay down a bunt.

Quote:
And Thome is MUCH hotter now than when we initially broached that subject.

And this has to do with your call for him to bunt how?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.