It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:41 pm 

It's come to my attention recently that I have grown quite rotund. So, I'm reaching out to the board for help, as it has worked before (sort of). If anybody else is looking to lose some weight, feel free to jump in. This will be a Biggest Loser-style contest in which the person who loses the greatest percentage of their starting weight at the end will be the winner. I will put up the $100 gift certificate to John Chico's Menswear that I won on MJH today for the winner. If anybody wants to add to the pot, feel free. The first weigh in will be Monday, July 28th and the final weigh in will be Monday, October 6th. We can weigh in every Monday between then to show our progress. I'm hoping to drop about 30 lbs. Let me know if you're interested or have any suggestions. :pig:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:51 am 

I'm game you fat bastard (me too for that matter - the surgery really shut things down). :aaargh:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
This contest is discriminatory against the un-rotund.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Killer V wrote:
This contest is discriminatory against the un-rotund.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:50 am 

I been looking to loose some lbs, so I will join up.

So we post our starting weight on Monday?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:26 pm 

Can I nominate someone else for this little competition?
:D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:29 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I been looking to loose some lbs, so I will join up.

So we post our starting weight on Monday?

Yes, post on Monday. Enjoy tonight and tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:35 pm 

I lopve the word rotund....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:37 pm 

HappyHour Jason wrote:

Where have you been? I see you're still a little drinky-drinky... :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:42 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
HappyHour Jason wrote:

I just wrote 3 paragraphs and all the sudden it is gone. Damn. Where have I been? on the couch. In the last year I lost my house, my dog, and my job. So I have kinda lost interest in stuff. Animal Planer is very cool. Cashh Cabb is stupid. I had no idea that black widow spiders were 6 times bigger than the male. Lobsters take advantage of "drafting"to get to the reef. Yes, this is a drinky post. Gibbon monkeys swing from tree to treee and can leap 30 feet in 1 swing. The green tree snake in Indonisia flies from tree to tree, like a parashuting snake. They have thin wing like folds of skin on their sides to help them fly. Watch out for Devil Fish. An octopus has no bones.
In June I went and looked at over 100 dogs at 4 shelters. What I find alarming is that the staff there feel those dogs are adoptable. Yikes. Lunging, trying to bite, no thanks. Picked out 4 dogs and told the spouse we were going to look at them. The spouse says we are in no way taking a dog home on that day and by 6 Oçlock Iggy was happily on the couch with me. He was found in Kentucky and weighed 60 pounds, by the time he got to Chicago he weighed 50 pounds. By the time we adopted him he weighed 44 pounds. Yellow lab/greyhound mix.
I don't think I have posted this but there is a HUGE dog influenza epidemic going on in Chicago. It was in the trib a couple of weeks ago, sneezing, snorting. No cure, it is new this year. Pills were cheap, Iggy had it, as did every other dog at the shelter, it is airborne.

So, that is what I have been doing. The unemployment office is like a NA meeting but worse. I wouldn't even sit on the furniture there. Yuck.

If things wern't bad enough my check engine light went on and that was 600 bucks and then 2 weeks later wake up tp a flat tire which I was unsure how to fix because it is a different car, I have changed the tire a few times in my old jeep but this was new. So, a part of having to keep myself busy I was going out to lunch with Iggy on nice days and we would sit outside, have lunch and I would bring my book. Then I get a call from my doctor that my cholesterol is off the charts. That completely hijacked the lunch thing, I shouldn't eat practicallyt anythin g that is in a restuarant. Bastards.

Then I satred sleep walking which I am not very good at and messed up my shoulder.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Then my mother drops off her dog as she assumes I am available for free babysitting. Moses is 14, bind, deaf, irregular heart beat, has some of his spine fused together, has a mass in his lung, and barks non stop. Anybody want him?

Then the spouse's company is laying off 7,000 people, that is comforting.

Then my mom, who hasn't worked since 1966 tells me I should try the internet to look for a job. REALLY???? My aunt calls and says I should try the newspaper. You have gopt to be fucking kidding me. I never thought to look.

Okay, off to watch Law and Order, you just saved me 100 bucks in therapy.

HHJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:58 pm 

:shock: Sorry to hear about all that, Jason. I understand what you're going through with the job search stuff. It's a pain trying to find work. That wonderful advice your mom and aunt gave you, as you probably already know is crap. Try asking around with people you know, that's how I got an inside for my new job. It's tough, try to hang in there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:26 pm 

So Colonel, we know each other, right? So um, how about getting me a job?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:36 pm 

Killer V wrote:
So Colonel, we know each other, right? So um, how about getting me a job?

You're out of work?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:31 pm 

I've got a part time gig, but haven't been able to land the next big job since my company closed...2 years ago :shock:

Then to top it off, I find out that I can't even win the weight loss contest because I'm not over-weight! :evil:

:wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
HappyHour Jason wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
HappyHour Jason wrote:

I just wrote 3 paragraphs and all the sudden it is gone. Damn. Where have I been? on the couch. In the last year I lost my house, my dog, and my job. So I have kinda lost interest in stuff. Animal Planer is very cool. Cashh Cabb is stupid. I had no idea that black widow spiders were 6 times bigger than the male. Lobsters take advantage of "drafting"to get to the reef. Yes, this is a drinky post. Gibbon monkeys swing from tree to treee and can leap 30 feet in 1 swing. The green tree snake in Indonisia flies from tree to tree, like a parashuting snake. They have thin wing like folds of skin on their sides to help them fly. Watch out for Devil Fish. An octopus has no bones.
In June I went and looked at over 100 dogs at 4 shelters. What I find alarming is that the staff there feel those dogs are adoptable. Yikes. Lunging, trying to bite, no thanks. Picked out 4 dogs and told the spouse we were going to look at them. The spouse says we are in no way taking a dog home on that day and by 6 Oçlock Iggy was happily on the couch with me. He was found in Kentucky and weighed 60 pounds, by the time he got to Chicago he weighed 50 pounds. By the time we adopted him he weighed 44 pounds. Yellow lab/greyhound mix.
I don't think I have posted this but there is a HUGE dog influenza epidemic going on in Chicago. It was in the trib a couple of weeks ago, sneezing, snorting. No cure, it is new this year. Pills were cheap, Iggy had it, as did every other dog at the shelter, it is airborne.

So, that is what I have been doing. The unemployment office is like a NA meeting but worse. I wouldn't even sit on the furniture there. Yuck.

If things wern't bad enough my check engine light went on and that was 600 bucks and then 2 weeks later wake up tp a flat tire which I was unsure how to fix because it is a different car, I have changed the tire a few times in my old jeep but this was new. So, a part of having to keep myself busy I was going out to lunch with Iggy on nice days and we would sit outside, have lunch and I would bring my book. Then I get a call from my doctor that my cholesterol is off the charts. That completely hijacked the lunch thing, I shouldn't eat practicallyt anythin g that is in a restuarant. Bastards.

Then I satred sleep walking which I am not very good at and messed up my shoulder.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Then my mother drops off her dog as she assumes I am available for free babysitting. Moses is 14, bind, deaf, irregular heart beat, has some of his spine fused together, has a mass in his lung, and barks non stop. Anybody want him?

Then the spouse's company is laying off 7,000 people, that is comforting.

Then my mom, who hasn't worked since 1966 tells me I should try the internet to look for a job. REALLY???? My aunt calls and says I should try the newspaper. You have gopt to be fucking kidding me. I never thought to look.

Okay, off to watch Law and Order, you just saved me 100 bucks in therapy.

HHJ

Your spouse works for Siemens... huh huh... I said Seimen. That was pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Currently, I am 5'10" and weigh in at 225. Does this count for the weight challenge?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:05 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Currently, I am 5'10" and weigh in at 225. Does this count for the weight challenge?

Sure it does if you are interested in losing some of that 225

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:08 am 

My official beginning weigh-in: 243

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:31 pm 

HappyHour Jason wrote:
Then my mother drops off her dog as she assumes I am available for free babysitting.

Babysitting? (Steering clear of the HHJ and Mrs. HHJ household...or evolutionary charts)
:lol: