It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
I have a unique situation and plan to be here for the long haul so there were cheaper ways to do it but after fighting water for a week I don’t want to Do a cheap fix and have to go at it again. I really did weigh all the options. To top things off we had to tear out all the built in cabinets off the walls which was one of the great things about the back basement room

It has nothing to do with cheaper.

Well what’s done is done. I signed a contract for the service. Glad to know that you could gave gotten it done better and at a more economical rate on top of it. I can’t believe I didn’t come here first.

I hope it works out for you.

Me too. Sorry for being a grump about it. This dream house has been a money pit :twisted: :lol:
I never had no beef with Seacrest. I’m a fan

I speak from experience. Lots of it. :lol: :lol:

I still have some extra sump pumps. I'll drive them up if you want them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
I have a unique situation and plan to be here for the long haul so there were cheaper ways to do it but after fighting water for a week I don’t want to Do a cheap fix and have to go at it again. I really did weigh all the options. To top things off we had to tear out all the built in cabinets off the walls which was one of the great things about the back basement room

Well what’s done is done. I signed a contract for the service. Glad to know that you could gave gotten it done better and at a more economical rate on top of it. I can’t believe I didn’t come here first.

Me too. Sorry for being a grump about it. This dream house has been a money pit :twisted: :lol:

I get a sump pump and battery backup as part of the deal. They really swept me off my feet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

T-Bone wrote:
I get a sump pump and battery backup as part of the deal. They really swept me off my feet

I'll pray that it's a long, dry marriage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
FWIW, the couple of people I know who have had the similar process done are happy with the results, and have not faced losing pump-out ability (no long-term power outages beyond battery life).

True, sad story- the guy I used to work with was widowed, and became the Casanova of his 55+ neighborhood, really in demand. He has enjoyed several "friends" amongst the widows nearby. One particularly pleasant lady was having the basement drainage work done at her place. The contractor removed the bottom step tread, but didn't make it safe or obvious. Poor old gal fell off the stair and broke her hip, and did not survive the repair surgery/hospitalization.

Have a Blessed Day!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:08 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Back at the office today. :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Back at the office today. :?
I went back Friday. Fortunately, we are not made to wear a mask unless we have a meeting with 4 or more people in the same room.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

Working thru Gov't bids is a clusterfuck and a royal pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:37 am 

We were told yesterday of our fourth positive COVID-19 coworker- the first three all were out of town visiting relatives or working out of state, thus potential exposure to the masses was low. This guy was at work Monday, and I was working with one of the guys who was working directly with him on Tuesday. They, obviously, kept the positive coworker home, and sent home a dozen or more people Wednesday who traced to direct contact with him. Not sure how he came positive, but from past performance, he is one of those who rarely feel rules apply directly to him, so I immediately assume the worst.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Working thru Gov't bids is a clusterfuck and a royal pain in the ass.

not for the faint of heart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
K Effective wrote:
We were told yesterday of our fourth positive COVID-19 coworker- the first three all were out of town visiting relatives or working out of state, thus potential exposure to the masses was low. This guy was at work Monday, and I was working with one of the guys who was working directly with him on Tuesday. They, obviously, kept the positive coworker home, and sent home a dozen or more people Wednesday who traced to direct contact with him. Not sure how he came positive, but from past performance, he is one of those who rarely feel rules apply directly to him, so I immediately assume the worst.

I thought one of the rules was if you traveled out of state you must self quarantine a couple weeks?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:53 am 

pittmike wrote:
K Effective wrote:

I thought one of the rules was if you traveled out of state you must self quarantine a couple weeks?

You must?

I never pictured pittmike as a bootlicker.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
pittmike wrote:

Fuck that noise.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I didn't say i would do it. I thought it was the rule though. Maybe it is some corporate rules?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Nobody is following it. When asked have you been out of the state and somebody says yes they shrug and move right along.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:09 am 

Starting June 26th, Ill be out of state 3 straight weekends for my daughters softball tournaments. Guess I need to tell the boss I'm done until August....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Spaulding wrote:
Nobody is following it. When asked have you been out of the state and somebody says yes they shrug and move right along.

Yeah, I haven't heard of this 14 day quarantine for out of state nonsense. K Effective may have mentioned that as part of his company requirements earlier.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:16 pm 

First guy was very early in the virus response, had attended his Grandmother's funeral in Chicago with his father and other relatives. Father became ill and entered the hospital here which prompted them to test the son, who was positive. Father, unfortunately passed away shortly thereafter. Son was quarantined along with two direct contact coworkers, who tested negative.

Second guy was never identified by name, but the report was he was working out of state for several months- we assume at corporate headquarters in Ohio- so no chance of him spreading it at our place.

Third guy is a ready-to-retire gent with same position as I have, but who has taken a semi-admin role in the office rather than working shift work in the salt mine. He was working from home, then went visiting family on vacation and he and his wife subsequently tested positive. Not sure he was ever out of state or not, but was quarantined for two more weeks.

This last guy was at work Monday, and worked with several of my shift mates. Another electrician who was working with him also was working with me Tuesday, but then was sent home when the guy tested positive and called in to report it. Not sure of his travel history, more likely bike trips to biker bars, from what I know of him. I never actually was in direct contact with either electrician, but the second guy and I had multiple phone conversations and he was working on "my" equipment for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:46 pm 

amazon stopped price matching themselves, had a $50 item i bought last week drop to $35 today. did a chat and the rep said they couldnt price match but that i could return the item and re-order at the lower price.... when i remarked that seems like a lot of work for both of us when you can just save us time and price match i was met with essentially

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:19 pm 

billypootons wrote:
amazon stopped price matching themselves, had a $50 item i bought last week drop to $35 today. did a chat and the rep said they couldnt price match but that i could return the item and re-order at the lower price.... when i remarked that seems like a lot of work for both of us when you can just save us time and price match i was met with essentially

It actually costs them more because someone will need to process the return, and then fulfill a new order.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:55 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
billypootons wrote:

It actually costs them more because someone will need to process the return, and then fulfill a new order.

I figured the robots did everything

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
Great story, JulieDiShittons.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:54 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
billypootons wrote:

bad mood again today frat? has the mayor of orland park not taken you up on your offer to blow him?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
billypootons wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
billypootons wrote:

bad mood again today frat? has the mayor of orland park not taken you up on your offer to blow him?

The mayor is waiting for the price to drop from.....wait for it....$52.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:58 pm 

denisdman wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
billypootons wrote:

nice, but there is a zero percent chance frank asked for payment to provide those services.... this is all free labor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Oh, billy; viewtopic.php?f=173&t=121259&start=1680#p3458917

I don't know how you're gonna make it in this business if you can't take it! Booo! Hissss!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:12 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Oh, billy; viewtopic.php?f=173&t=121259&start=1680#p3458917

I don't know how you're gonna make it in this business if you can't take it! Booo! Hissss!

im not going to make it. i knew the reference but assumed you had malice behind it due to my cfmbptsd...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
billypootons wrote:
denisdman wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
billypootons wrote:

nice, but there is a zero percent chance frank asked for payment to provide those services.... this is all free labor

True, but swallowing was a $52 add on. Frank’s freemium creamium.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I just got dragged 20 yards trying to tackle a 250 pound red angus steer. In my defense he didn’t look that bad... I think I might of looked like a pee wee football player trying to bring down Christian Okoye. I did win eventually but was then left with the thought “now what”. Getting too old.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:11 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I just got dragged 20 yards trying to tackle a 250 pound red angus steer. In my defense he didn’t look that bad... I think I might of looked like a pee wee football player trying to bring down Christian Okoye. I did win eventually but was then left with the thought “now what”. Getting too old.

I have like 15 questions and I'm not going to ask any of them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:54 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:

"oh, look how cute that little guy is....."

250 lbs+four-wheel-drive+last human contact resulted in him becoming a steer=hoof-shaped bruises for the Inibriated Rodent!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 190  Next