It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cancellation updates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
long time guy wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
I dont think its really remarkable to remember something you practice like sixteen hours a day.

2. Can you explain how one DEADSPIN article constitutes "The Media"?

July, can you answer this?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
I'm going to guess after about 14 everyone knows quoting Hitler is stupid unless you're promoting hate or being an asshole.

Heigen steigen zeigen freigan
-Adolf Hitler

You know, the more I read about him, the more I don't care for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Sherman's opinions have appeared to be trending to unsound over the past couple of years

Which ones? His take on the Newton contract was dumb as hell.

Jackson should be either cut or suspended. That should have happened already.

Eagles have a season to prepare for. They aren’t gonna cut him.

It'd be gutless if there isn't some sort of meaningful discipline. Can't take any future moral stance they take seriously then.

:lol:

I agree but I gotta ask, are you in the habit of taking moral stances from NFL teams seriously prior to this?

:lol:

Fair question. I'd say post-Floyd the environment is much different. Social justice purity tests are being administered across the board and the rubric is pass or fail. So, in this environment, you're gonna need more than the usual lip service teams usually provide. As evidence I'd offer up Goodell's capitulation with a script basically written for him by the players that he read under virtual duress. Now he's overcorrecting with the anthem stuff.

So with the Eagles, if they're being consistent, they'd discipline Jackson. But they're not going to do that and no one will really care. That's unfortunate.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Curious Hair wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
I'm going to guess after about 14 everyone knows quoting Hitler is stupid unless you're promoting hate or being an asshole.

Heigen steigen zeigen freigan
-Adolf Hitler

You know, the more I read about him, the more I don't care for him.

He shot his dog, Freundschaftsbezeugung, in the head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:21 pm 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/p ... d/2301131/

Boystown.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:43 pm 

Quote:
This summer, the neighborhood hung banners along the street that read Boystown is "for the boys,"

Oh, they're Stoolies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Stephen Jackson, come on down.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:23 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

"Y'all don't want us to educate ourselves...."

So calling out virulent anti-Smitism from a black guy is now racist? Are we sure he doesn't post here?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:32 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

So calling out virulent anti-Smitism from a black guy is now racist? Are we sure he doesn't post here?

Oh the frivolous reverse discrimination trick again aye? You'd never be so quick to label someone racist on here (probably know that they'd rightly return the favor) however.

Important for solidarity to be maintained at all costs isn't it Litigation Notes?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:02 am 

long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Oh the frivolous reverse discrimination trick again aye? You'd never be so quick to label someone racist on here (probably know that they'd rightly return the favor) however.

Important for solidarity to be maintained at all costs isn't it Litigation Notes?
What is "reverse discrimination"? I'm also not calling DeSean Jackson an anti-Semite, I'm saying he expressed anti-Semitism, which is un-fucking-deniable. But if we can reasonably define "anti-Semite" as "someone who espouses anti-Semitism", then yes, DeSean Jackson is an anti-Semite.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:09 am 

long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

What is "reverse discrimination"? I'm also not calling DeSean Jackson an anti-Semite, I'm saying he expressed anti-Semitism, which is un-fucking-deniable. But if we can reasonably define "anti-Semite" as "someone who espouses anti-Semitism", then yes, DeSean Jackson is an anti-Semite.

Yeah what he said was Anti Semitic. No doubt about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Litigation notes is a fine nickname, but I much prefer the Bmac derived juicy. That is all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:12 am 

denisdman wrote:
Litigation notes is a fine nickname, but I much prefer the Bmac derived juicy. That is all.

I refuse to call another man Juicy. You however, are more than welcome to do so if you like. I won't think any differently of you Denis for having done so.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
long time guy wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I refuse to call another man Juicy. You however, are more than welcome to do so if you like. I won't think any differently of you Denis for having done so.

Haha, yeah I don’t blame you. I think that’s why it amuses me because a man should not be called that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
So is BLM morphing into the 5%er movement?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:51 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

So much to unpack there.

I'll just dispute that racism is at an ALL TIME high and leave it at that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
So much to unpack there.

I'll just dispute that racism is at an ALL TIME high and leave it at that.

There used to be a time when people could speak the truth. They could unpack all that. They could educate each other on differences. Now there is focus on extremes and cancellation of everything as fast as they can jump on it. Of course, no one took any time to actually figure out what Jackson was saying and if it had merit, was wrong or just a mistake. No time for that.

In the end though for the cancellation new normal to work Jackson must be cancelled or at least dragged through the mud.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:14 am 

Said it before and I'll say it again, when Black Lives Matter II sputters out, it won't be because of straight white male cishet WASPs, it'll be because of every other identity group that gets pissed off along the way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I dont think it'll really sputter any time soon but there are many people who are just kinda repulsed by how BLM has turned into a thing white women put on their Instagram feed and Tinder profiles. And really, it wasn't until that started happening that Nike, Apple, Amazon etc. stopped fence-sitting on the movement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:21 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Said it before and I'll say it again, when Black Lives Matter II sputters out, it won't be because of straight white male cishet WASPs, it'll be because of every other identity group that gets pissed off along the way.

The problem with leaderless movements it eventually becomes about every person's own cause rather than a direct call for change for one specific purpose. The fight for justice for police misconduct is now also being combined with the fight to make sure that black cartoon characters are voiced by black actors and the removal of Mount Rushmore.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The problem with leaderless movements it eventually becomes about every person's own cause rather than a direct call for change for one specific purpose. The fight for justice for police misconduct is now also being combined with the fight to make sure that black cartoon characters are voiced by black actors and the removal of Mount Rushmore.

Don Lemon seems to have it all figured out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I mean its pretty obvious that its a broader movement to de-construct America's history so it can be rewritten in a way that feeds their counter-narrative. But again, you've always been "left on social issues, right on economic issues" so this is basically the future you want. Corporate-dictated wealth redistribution among racial lines. Hope you enjoy it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:34 am 

Antarctica wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I mean its pretty obvious that its a broader movement to de-construct America's history so it can be rewritten in a way that feeds their counter-narrative. But again, you've always been "left on social issues, right on economic issues" so this is basically the future you want. Corporate-dictated wealth redistribution among racial lines. Hope you enjoy it.

I've always been right in all my political opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:37 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I'm glad you're coming around even if it is too late.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
denisdman wrote:

"Juicy" sounds really fucking burrito.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Furious Styles wrote:
denisdman wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:11 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: That's a really good one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:15 am 

Antarctica wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

deconstruction of history is one of the items to a bigger goal

this is the marxist revolution

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The problem with leaderless movements it eventually becomes about every person's own cause

No. It eventually becomes about the strongest person's own cause which is why communism can't work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:43 am 

Bagels wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Highly underrated as a group.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 51  Next