It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cancellation updates
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Stephen Jackson says that he doesn't support DeSean Jackson's position on Hitler but he does support him about the Eagles double standard in the Cooper and Jackson cases.
Does Stephen Jackson support the view that Jews control the banking industry?

It seems that he did from reading the comments.
Thank you. I'll leave you to ponder why a caveat that says "it is bigoted to suggest Jews control all the banking industry, the Rothschild Family (Jews) DO own a LOT of banks" may be just a little bigoted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:08 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Stephen Jackson says that he doesn't support DeSean Jackson's position on Hitler but he does support him about the Eagles double standard in the Cooper and Jackson cases.
Does Stephen Jackson support the view that Jews control the banking industry?

It seems that he did from reading the comments.
Thank you. I'll leave you to ponder why a caveat that says "it is bigoted to suggest Jews control all the banking industry, the Rothschild Family (Jews) DO own a LOT of banks" may be just a little bigoted.

If only you could ever be as direct and honest about racism as you seek to be when it comes to Anti Semitism then quite possibly you would have more credibility. Ducking and ignoring racist comments to do not make them any less racist. Ignoring and avoiding only makes you a hypocrite and a phony.

As far as the Rothschilds go it isn't Anti Semitic to associate their family with the banking industry.. You do not have an understanding of bigotry and discrimination (quite obvious in fact) and that is why its difficult to have discussions such as this with you and guys of your ilk.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:15 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Good to see he apologized.

Are these racist statements Brick?

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
That this person is considered a journalist shows the problem with the "need" for diversity.

Rewarding idiocy because of someone's race isn't how this is supposed to work.

WFR doesn't like me so I plead the fifth.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:17 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That this person is considered a journalist shows the problem with the "need" for diversity.

As do MANY others. Only to come around later and argue that he was wrongly accused. Not you specifically but definitely others here have.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:31 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Saying that you're sorry for "using the wrong words" is only an apology for saying that Jews "control all the banks" and that DeSean Jackson quoting what he thought was Hitler on American Jews blackmailing the country was "speaking the truth" in the most hyper-technical sense. He still sloughed off responsibility on everyone else for misinterpreting his words.

Let's wait to see if he makes any more apologies first before we make our final judgement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I like you BRick.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:04 am 

long time guy wrote:

Cooper was fined and not suspended. Has Jackson been fined or suspended yet?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:24 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Saying that you're sorry for "using the wrong words" is only an apology for saying that Jews "control all the banks" and that DeSean Jackson quoting what he thought was Hitler on American Jews blackmailing the country was "speaking the truth" in the most hyper-technical sense. He still sloughed off responsibility on everyone else for misinterpreting his words.

Let's wait to see if he makes any more apologies first before we make our final judgement.

Nobody is going to force him to apologize again, you already had excuses for his actions baked into the various official condemnations issued ("regardless of his intent"). And he went on Don Lemon's show last night and reiterated the awful things he said in the IG Live broadcast.

But how about this? If by the end of the day Stephen Jackson hasn't apologized sufficiently I am right. If by the end of the day Stephen Jackson has sufficiently apologized you win. Deal?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:30 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Nobody is going to force him to apologize again, you already had excuses for his actions baked into the various official condemnations issued ("regardless of his intent"). And he went on Don Lemon's show last night and reiterated the awful things he said in the IG Live broadcast.

But how about this? If by the end of the day Stephen Jackson hasn't apologized sufficiently I am right. If by the end of the day Stephen Jackson has sufficiently apologized you win. Deal?
I don't know what to tell you but in my mind Stephen Jackson deserves to make at least 10 apologies until we know what he really feels.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:09 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't know what to tell you but in my mind Stephen Jackson deserves to make at least 10 apologies until we know what he really feels.
:lol: Already walking back your prediction that he'll apologize more by the end of the day. Keep it coming.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:11 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

"Sufficiently" :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:17 am 

:lol: Already walking back your prediction that he'll apologize more by the end of the day. Keep it coming.

Personally, for the good of the country, I hope he apologizes every day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:21 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If the "Woke" liberal media didn't make such a big deal out of this then no one would even be discussing this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If the "Woke" liberal media didn't make such a big deal out of this then no one would even be discussing this.

The right wants to get in on the cancelling too. That's all this is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:38 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Would you describe Stephen Jackson's first apology ("I used the wrong words") sufficient given what he said on multiple occasions?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:44 am 

Apparently there was more than just "DeSean spoke the truth" and "Rothschilds run all the banks":

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Wait a sec...People are hired to make money for their boss?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Would you describe Stephen Jackson's first apology ("I used the wrong words") sufficient given what he said on multiple occasions?

So now we're keeping score? No amount of apologizing by him is going to appease you. You are never going believe that he means it nor will you accept it. Your opinion of him isn't going to change and "apologize sufficiently" is a euphemistic way of saying that he has to grovel before you will even entertain the thought of accepting it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
long time guy wrote:
So now we're keeping score?

I KNEW IT!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So now we're keeping score? No amount of apologizing by him is going to appease you. You are never going believe that he means it nor will you accept it. Your opinion of him isn't going to change and "apologize sufficiently" is a euphemistic way of saying that he has to grovel before you will even entertain the thought of not hypocritically ridiculing it.

Fixed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:16 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So now we're keeping score? No amount of apologizing by him is going to appease you. You are never going believe that he means it nor will you accept it. Your opinion of him isn't going to change and "apologize sufficiently" is a euphemistic way of saying that he has to grovel before you will even entertain the thought of not hypocritically ridiculing it.

Fixed

This. particularly when you juxtapose it with his willingness to always give certain (bigoted) members of society the benefit of the doubt on such matters.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He started keeping score on public shaming by saying "Fuck Drew Brees, check his ass" after Brees' kneeling comments.

long time guy wrote:
No amount of apologizing by him is going to appease you. You are never going believe that he means it nor will you accept it.

This is simply not true. He hasn't even apologized yet for saying abhorrent things about Jewish people on multiple occasions, so I don't even know what an apology from him would look like, but at least acknowledging that he trafficked in abhorrent stereotyping (without "wrong words" or "my Jewish friends didn't take it as..." qualifiers) would be enough, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:40 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He started keeping score on public shaming by saying "Fuck Drew Brees, check his ass" after Brees' kneeling comments.

long time guy wrote:
No amount of apologizing by him is going to appease you. You are never going believe that he means it nor will you accept it.

This is simply not true. He hasn't even apologized yet for saying abhorrent things about Jewish people on multiple occasions, so I don't even know what an apology from him would look like, but at least acknowledging that he trafficked in abhorrent stereotyping (without "wrong words" or "my Jewish friends didn't take it as..." qualifiers) would be enough, I think.

Saying that Jewish people "own the banking industry" isn't abhorrent. At best it's a generalization. At worst it's an exaggeration.

You claimed that his comments about the Rothschilds were Anti Semitic though if I were to ask you why you wouldn't have a clue as to how to respond. Sure they were

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Saying that Jewish people "own the banking industry" isn't abhorrent. At best it's a generalization. At worst it's an exaggeration.
You could say that about a lot of stereotypes though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You differentiate between stereotypes by separating into positive and negative. There are MANY stereotypes. When its negative then you raise the red flag. Saying that Jewish people own the banking industry isn't a negative stereotype.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:

I don't want to get into a semantics debate over the word abhorrent, but it's definitely a shitty, bigoted thing to say. At best, it's really fucking ignorant.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You differentiate between stereotypes by separating into positive and negative. There are MANY stereotypes. When its negative then you raise the red flag. Saying that Jewish people own the banking industry isn't a negative stereotype.

It most certainly is a negative stereotype.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I don't want to get into a semantics debate over the word abhorrent, but it's definitely a shitty, bigoted thing to say. At best, it's really fucking ignorant.

More than anything that is what it happens to be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 51  Next